Sentry & Void Strength Levels

#1 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just curious how strong exactly are full void and sentry...Sentry seems to be very inconsistent and in siege, im not really sure if sentry is sentry or if hes voided out till the end. Would either of them be comparable to SS, thor, or any other cosmic beings?
#2 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omegaman10: 

The Sentry/Void can take down Thor and Silver Surfer at the same time with minimal effort. His current portrayal has been really inconsistent because Bendis has no idea what he's doing with him. 

If you want to know just how powerful he is, I'd advise you read all of Paul Jenkins work on him, especially the original series. It's phenomenal. His confrontation with the Absorbing Man (who has proven himself to be more than a match for Thor on multiple occasions) during a Civil War special is particularly memorable. 

As for your other question, at the end of Siege #3, Sentry is completely voided out. I wrote a blog on the Sentry's current state, if you'd like to check it out. =] 

I hope that helps.
#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry had alot of trouble slowing a falling helicarier and bendis said the sentry during seige is much stronger than during wwh so I say regular sentry is tilll weaaker than Thor, Herc, wwhulk. but new voididn out sentry is alot stronger
#4 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
thanks ill check that out
Do you really think he could take out both thor and SS. I can see him take thor on his own but thor and SS? Didnt SS take out those two proemial gods and isnt he much stronger now after annihilation?
#5 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry at his maximum is enough to stalemate against World War Hulk. 

Void is powerful enough to kill Ares, take several lightning blasts from Thor, and level Asgard without breaking a sweat.

#6 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:
just read ur blog and gonna have to agreey with everything you said. He ruined the sentry, hopefully another writer will bring the void to villain stardom. I can see the void being a good villain if written well and if he doesnt act like a pushover.

#7 Posted by jack128875 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry did rip Ares in half.....

#8 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with gauging Sentry's power levels is that Bendis has no idea what they are. The Sentry is more powerful than the Void, otherwise, the entire world would be FUBAR. 
Basically, you can look at it like this: 
Jenkins' Sentry, aka REAL Sentry: Power of a million exploding suns, more powerful than Thor, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt and the Hulk combined.
Bendis' Sentry: Barely stronger than Wonder Man and probably on par with Thor. This is the Sentry seen in WWH. 

#9 Edited by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Void is also wrote very inconsistently,  
the Void Sentry has been talked down by Goblin (who suggested if he didn't calm down Doom, Stark or Richards might kill him with one of their gizmos
the Void Sentry gets his head cut off by Cap America's shield in Siege # 4
The Void Sentry has been taken out by Miss Marvel (after she had just absorbed the energy of a 10 megaton missile)  

Then you have the awesome Void, the breaks all the bones in Hulk's body,
 the Void brought Mrs Reynolds back from the dead, 
the Void Sentry ripped Ares in half etc etc
 the Void develops random new powers depending on the plot
 as you can see the Void is wrote very inconsistently,

Can Thor going full out take out the Sentry ??

Maybe not ...you see its been a while since Thor won a really big fight, he did some impressive things duringt the JMS run but it was implied he was strengthened by the Odin power not Thor's own power 
Thor on his normal levels was almost getting himself torn apart by Sentry. 
Did Bendis make Asgard job out? That argument is there. Street levelers were beating bricks who can toss around dozens of tonnes and had 1000s of years battle experience  
Even Loki broke down and starting sobbing like a kitten
So maybe the Void Sentry was facing some kind of fake Thor !?

Anyway it looks like the Void won't be around much longer

Cap finally takes care of business

When people look back on Siege I think a lot of the battles will be ignored, Cap destroyed living laser by punching him, Fury took out the U-Foes by punching them, most of the character actions and power levels made little sense. I wish the arc was better planned
They said 7 years in the making but this level of quality could have been wrote in less than a month

Cap!

So long Void

too bad they didn't kill you off sooner

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket: Dude, Void getting decapitated with the shield will probably not kill him. In fact, he'll probably come back from that and fight back, and the fight will go on for a few pages. That's just my guess, but I mean really, even Bendis wouldn't cheat out like that... I hope.
#11 Posted by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Casket: Dude, Void getting decapitated with the shield will probably not kill him. In fact, he'll probably come back from that and fight back, and the fight will go on for a few pages. That's just my guess, but I mean really, even Bendis wouldn't cheat out like that... I hope. "
I hope Bendis doesn't cheat out or else the Siege ending would be really lame

My point about the shield was more about Void Sentry's inconsistency 
The Void Sentry is supposed to be almost unbeatable
Captain America's shield should have just bounced off his face

Unless this was Thor holding the shield and thor was traveling close to light speed and backed by the strength of the friggin power gem....then he can toss the shield to own Sentry
that's what I mean by inconsistency

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget Void Sentry, Sentry Prime is supposed to be nigh-indestructible! God, I hate what Bendis has done to you, Robbie! (Cries in corner)

#13 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Casket:
@FadeToBlackBolt:
Agree with everyone of you. Sentry and void have so muh potential as characters thanks to what paul jenkins started. Hopefully one of them will come back with a new writer, would rather have the void stay as a major avengers villain though.
#14 Posted by sentrypower777 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope the Sentry comes back from the dead. This time, the Void would be gone, and Robert will be in full control of his powers. He's WAS my favorite character until Marvel killed him off!!
#15 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Void is limitless....omnipotent.  

Sentry...during the seige run wasn't really Sentry...it was the Void seeping through. 
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry hasn't been written right since his minseries.His power is unlimited with mental stability.Since he's been unstable since he first appeared in New Avengers he hasn't been nearly as strong as he once was. 

The Void in Siege..I don't know what to make of it but the actual Void in New Avengers took down the Avengers,X-men,and Fantastic Four at the same time.The only thing that kept him from killing them is the joint effort at making a forcefield by a Strange,Stark,and Sue Richards and Emma Frost getting in Sentry's mind.If she had not gotten through to Sentry..The Void would have proken the forcefield and killed them all.A good bit of them were unconscious already.I think in one panel he was even standing on Namor. 

The Void in Sentry's miniseries was as far as the dialogue said too powerful for the original Avengers to face That included Iron Man,Thor,Cap,Hulk etc. and Sentry was the only one who could stop him. Also the Void's weakness is light (Sentry direct energy source) and Sentry's weakness is anti-matter (The Void's direct energy source).The Void was used to balance the Sentry so he wouldn't be so powerful but how or why that balance was created was unknown.It just happened when he took the serum.Even if the Void didn't physically balance him..he would undo all the good deeds he did by killing massive amounts of people and committing crimes behind his back. 

@Casket said:

The Void Sentry has been taken out by Miss Marvel (after she had just absorbed the energy of a 10 megaton missile)  

According to Sentry's abilities.Mental Instability is his weakness.Clearly when he went off against Lady Ultron he was unstable..thus he was weak enough as to where Ms.Marvel could hurt him.The verdict is still out on if she KO'd him or not.She might have just calmed him down.
#17 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"@Omegaman10:   The Sentry/Void can take down Thor and Silver Surfer at the same time with minimal effort. His current portrayal has been really inconsistent because Bendis has no idea what he's doing with him.   If you want to know just how powerful he is, I'd advise you read all of Paul Jenkins work on him, especially the original series. It's phenomenal. His confrontation with the Absorbing Man (who has proven himself to be more than a match for Thor on multiple occasions) during a Civil War special is particularly memorable.   As for your other question, at the end of Siege #3, Sentry is completely voided out. I wrote a blog on the Sentry's current state, if you'd like to check it out. =]   I hope that helps. "

Thor has more power than him.
#18 Posted by tensor (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry/void worst comic character ever written in a while 

#19 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor:
I think Sentry has potential to be awesome... just needs different writers.
#20 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: nonsense...thor killed sentry with ease in siege...he is very powerful..sentry is one of the most powerful beings in the universe...but, thor..is a different level... he is physically one of the most powerful beings with infinite physical strength added with odin force...this are just his basic god powers...proven and its a fact...i love sentry by the way and Thor!!!

#21 Posted by Primebonnick (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

guy is hella powerful just written very inconsistently. I would think he can compete with zeus, odin and franklin richards in raw power, but as we all know writers will make him always inconsistent.

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13020 posts) - - Show Bio

@primebonnick: No he would get obliterated by Odin or Zeus. Tom Brevoort believes so too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.