Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Sentry power theory

evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evodmasters

I'm starting to think that the sentry himself is not the one you have to worry about. I think it is Bob. I think that Void and Sentry are just aspects of his mind, so there may be other forms in his head that we have not seen; kinda like the different types of hulks inside of Bruce Banner"s mind. We've seen the Sentry "Die" several times now but he comes back like nothing happened. This may imply that all that we have seen is just a figment of Bob's imagination materialized into reality; using this logic Bob might be more like a low level reality warper who can only change himself. I'm not saying he's not powerful, its just the opposite; Sentry and Void may only show a fraction of his true potential.

evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evodmasters

So do people agree with this or disagree with this? Feel free to comment.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Blackreverend
    @evodmasters said:
    I'm starting to think that the sentry himself is not the one you have to worry about. I think it is Bob. I think that Void and Sentry are just aspects of his mind, so there may be other forms in his head that we have not seen; kinda like the different types of hulks inside of Bruce Banner"s mind. We've seen the Sentry "Die" several times now but he comes back like nothing happened. This may imply that all that we have seen is just a figment of Bob's imagination materialized into reality; using this logic Bob might be more like a low level reality warper who can only change himself. I'm not saying he's not powerful, its just the opposite; Sentry and Void may only show a fraction of his true potential.
    So basically you're saying that the Sentry is Robert imagining himself as a superhero with god like powers?
    XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XDespairX

A theory like this was adressed in Dark Avengers when Sentry had beat Molecule Man and said: "I change things around me. That's how I do things."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.