Sentry is one hell of a character (not sure

#1 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering does anyone have any ideas for a character they would like to post up, completeley original...(well not completeley). I have this idea for a character who is his own energy source, energy is continualy pumping through his body instead of blood. Thus with the energy he is able to acomplish various feats:

Flight..He prefers to do so with energy constructed wings.
Strength and speed..augmented through his energy in addition to stamina.
The costant flow of energy within his body allows him to replace or heal orangs and tissues.
Generation of a nanometre thick force feild which serves as invaunrability...(i have chosen this to be his most notable feat as well as strength)
Variable energy constructs...
he is able to redirect the flow of other forms of energy.

Through years of containment.....it becomes highly possible he may lose control...when this happens an exoskeleton of energy appears (about 10ft big) ...during this phase he has a clear conscience and can fully utilize the power of his internal energy. However this only lasts for a time period of 10 mins.

LIMITATION: In order to augment his strength speed etc.. vast amount of concentration is required in order to continualy increase this can take some time (in which time he can get his ass kicked). Through fear of destruction...this guy has not explored his own limits and has contemplated going into space and discovering his true nature.

#2 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The title was actualy meant to be any ideas??? sorry bout tht

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like a cool character...

Welcome to the site

M

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
Proof the the Sentry is more powerful than you think...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/proof-that-the-sentry-is-more-powerful-than-you-think/25126/?page=last#reply_form
#5 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks..

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
Sentry is indeed powerful... but I really dont like him that much
#7 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

alright vance i checked it out he is pretty cool i guess... so then have you guys got any ideas for heros....ill probably post up concept art for mine later on.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
WTF said:
"Thanks.."
No Prob

WTF said:
"alright vance i checked it out he is pretty cool i guess... so then have you guys got any ideas for heros....ill probably post up concept art for mine later on.
"
I'm not a big Sentry fan..in fact when he first appeared.I hated him.People seem to think now that he's my favorite superhero because I defend him,but I decided if wasn't going to like a character,I might as well read up on him and see if I really hate him or if i'm just passing judgement on a character I don't know anything about.I read all his comics and I mut say I have alot more respect for him.
#9 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHA lol i like this guys name...(always goes off topic)

especially when you quote him

welome yo

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i can draw one ishhh maybe...niiii -___-

#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is funny lol. Sentrys just overrated.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"His name is funny lol. Sentrys just overrated."
He's actually underrated thus..http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/proof-that-the-sentry-is-more-powerful-than-you-think/25126/?page=last#reply_form had to be made so people will stop acting like he's weak.

#12 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
He's actually underrated thus..http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/proof-that-the-sentry-is-more-powerful-than-you-think/25126/?page=last#reply_form had to be made so people will stop acting like he's weak.

"
He's far from underrated. Trust me. People like you actually say he can take on beings like Gladiator an Thor who has taken on much bigger threats the would revert Sentry to human.
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:

"
He's far from underrated. Trust me. People like you actually say he can take on beings like Gladiator an Thor who has taken on much bigger threats the would revert Sentry to human.
"
You just say anything that comes to your head.Who has Thor and Gladiator beaten that is so har beyond Sentry's level.I recall Gladiator losing to Gambit twice and losing to Cannonball.
#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:

"
"
You just say anything that comes to your head.Who has Thor and Gladiator beaten that is so har beyond Sentry's level.I recall Gladiator losing to Gambit twice and losing to Cannonball."
Lol I recall you  never picking up a true comic. Gambit knocked Gladiator back and he would have killed Gambit if Prof didn't do a mind attack stupid.

Gladiator has taken on threats like Tyrant.

Sentry lost to bruce banner by one little punch.

Thor has taken on Galactus and actually won, Taken hits from a 300,000 god and gotten up where as sentry was bleeding like a little kid who fell off a cliff, just from hulks punches.

Sentry is overratedd. You will never notice this because you like him to damn much that you think he is on a level of people ike Thor, Beta Ray bill, Gladiator, Silver Surfer,

When he's like Hulk, namor thing.
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:

"
"
You just say anything that comes to your head.Who has Thor and Gladiator beaten that is so har beyond Sentry's level.I recall Gladiator losing to Gambit twice and losing to Cannonball."
Lol I recall you  never picking up a true comic. Gambit knocked Gladiator back and he would have killed Gambit if Prof didn't do a mind attack stupid.

Gladiator has taken on threats like Tyrant.

Sentry lost to bruce banner by one little punch.

Thor has taken on Galactus and actually won, Taken hits from a 300,000 god and gotten up where as sentry was bleeding like a little kid who fell off a cliff, just from hulks punches.

Sentry is overratedd. You will never notice this because you like him to damn much that you think he is on a level of people ike Thor, Beta Ray bill, Gladiator, Silver Surfer,

When he's like Hulk, namor thing.
"
1.Gambit beat Gladiator.
2.Tyrant? The Sentry killed Terrax (a herald of Galactus) easily.
3.Have you seen anyone during World War Hulk beat the Hulk with power and physical strength?
4.The Sentry is not overrated..because he's only mentioned when your around.He is on the level of everyone you just named.
#16 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"1.Gambit beat Gladiator.
3.Have you seen anyone during World War Hulk beat the Hulk with power and physical strength?
4.The Sentry is not overrated..because he's only mentioned when your around.He is on the level of everyone you just named.
"
1.He didn't you even sound more ignorant and look so stupid to the site the fact you base that off of a cut pic and you didn't read the comic. So sad.
2. Tyrant is much stronger then terrax are you that desperate you'd name a guy like him?  Tyrant beat Terrax with ease to so why mention him??
3.I saw Dr.Strange kick WWH ass so badly that he had way more wounds then the Sentry had ever delivered to anybody in his whole career. Plus WWH had to try and turn his attention to a family to get Stranges mind off of him.
4.He is overrated. Look at the stuff you listed just to make him sound like he is not. Your a prime example of some one who overrates him.
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"1.Gambit beat Gladiator.
"
1.He didn't you even sound more ignorant and look so stupid to the site the fact you base that off of a cut pic and you didn't read the comic. So sad.
2. Tyrant is much stronger then terrax are you that desperate you'd name a guy like him?  Tyrant beat Terrax with ease to so why mention him??
3.I saw Dr.Strange kick WWH ass so badly that he had way more wounds then the Sentry had ever delivered to anybody in his whole career. Plus WWH had to try and turn his attention to a family to get Stranges mind off of him.
4.He is overrated. Look at the stuff you listed just to make him sound like he is not. Your a prime example of some one who overrates him.
"
1.Even if Gambit didn't be Gladiator...Canonbally clearly did.
2.Have you seen anyone except for Hulk have a chance against the Sentry?
3.Hulk broke Strange's hands and he still hasn't fixed them..And the Sentry beat Strange.
4.Even if I do overrated him..i'm one person.
#18 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

1.About time you admit it. So what. He lost his confidence.
2.Yeah Abosrbing man. Guess what people think he has the power of a million suns cause he gave absorbing man a small part of his energy and he couldn't handle it. Truth is Absorbing man can't even absorb and island with out falling apart. So thats another example of overration. He also fought wolverine. broke Dr.Doom shield at 7% which you lied to the vine and just put Dr.Dooms shield, he fought strange who obviously wasn't fast enough for him.
3.Sentry beat strange in which I can't really even call a fight. More of a grab and beat. He pretty much did the same to wolverine. Does it matter what hulk did? If he didn't do that Hulk woulnd't even have had a chance to get to Sentry and suffer a little beat down.
4.Your not the only person who overrates. Many others on myspace if not all the myspace rpers actually think Sentry is on the same level as superman in strength as well as Sentry being marvels strongest hero when he isn't even the strongest in this galaxy.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"1.About time you admit it. So what. He lost his confidence.
2.Yeah Abosrbing man. Guess what people think he has the power of a million suns cause he gave absorbing man a small part of his energy and he couldn't handle it. Truth is Absorbing man can't even absorb and island with out falling apart. So thats another example of overration. He also fought wolverine. broke Dr.Doom shield at 7% which you lied to the vine and just put Dr.Dooms shield, he fought strange who obviously wasn't fast enough for him.
3.Sentry beat strange in which I can't really even call a fight. More of a grab and beat. He pretty much did the same to wolverine. Does it matter what hulk did? If he didn't do that Hulk woulnd't even have had a chance to get to Sentry and suffer a little beat down.
4.Your not the only person who overrates. Many others on myspace if not all the myspace rpers actually think Sentry is on the same level as superman in strength as well as Sentry being marvels strongest hero when he isn't even the strongest in this galaxy."
1.He lost his confidence because he gave Canonball his best shot and nothing happened.
2.Sentry killed Absorbing Man..I asked you..Have you seen anyone besides Hulk beat the Sentry? He beat and captured Wolverine during Civil War with no problem.
3.I don't know what your talking about but bringing up Strange is worthless because both Sentry and Hulk beat him.
4.Myspace doesn't count on Comicvine.And I don't overrate him i'm just the only one who will bother to read up on him and apply the information.
#20 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Lol did you see the other fight with cannonball? He moved so fast cannon ball was tied up and he didn't even notice till he saw gladiator behind him saying something. You thinks its a bad loose to cannonball but sentry loose to bruce banner a puny scienctist with no powers.
2. Senrty didn't kill Absorbing man. What type of stupid thing is that? He's been throught that same move atleast three times but since sentry did it now he's dead really yet you say he isn't overrated. You ask me if I've seen any one else beat Sentry. NO because he's always fighting weak people. Take him on one of the avengers real threatst then sentry would lose. Besides bruce banner beat him. So yes I have.
3.I never said strange was worthless the fight was worthless betweeen strange and sentry. It wasn't even a fight. He jumped at strange and simple knock him out....  Let him try that when strange hits  him with a blast capable of destroying a planet. Hulk was suppose to beat strange obviously.
4.You overrate him. Myspace does count. When some one is overrated it isn't limited to one site it means any one that does it. You use to think that he would be a match for superman or gladiator. I'll stand up for Sentry when he is underrated in the wonder woman fight but he is usually overrated most of the time being by you over here.

#21 Edited by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"1.Lol did you see the other fight with cannonball? He moved so fast cannon ball was tied up and he didn't even notice till he saw gladiator behind him saying something. You thinks its a bad loose to cannonball but sentry loose to bruce banner a puny scienctist with no powers.
2. Senrty didn't kill Absorbing man. What type of stupid thing is that? He's been throught that same move atleast three times but since sentry did it now he's dead really yet you say he isn't overrated. You ask me if I've seen any one else beat Sentry. NO because he's always fighting weak people. Take him on one of the avengers real threatst then sentry would lose. Besides bruce banner beat him. So yes I have.
3.I never said strange was worthless the fight was worthless betweeen strange and sentry. It wasn't even a fight. He jumped at strange and simple knock him out....  Let him try that when strange hits  him with a blast capable of destroying a planet. Hulk was suppose to beat strange obviously.
4.You overrate him. Myspace does count. When some one is overrated it isn't limited to one site it means any one that does it. You use to think that he would be a match for superman or gladiator. I'll stand up for Sentry when he is underrated in the wonder woman fight but he is usually overrated most of the time being by you over here."
1.So..he lost to Canonball.The Sentry didn't loose to Banner,he actually didn't even lose to Hulk because if you recall he didn't actually fall until Tony dropped Banner with the satellite.
2.He killed Absorbing Man.Even if he comes back..The Sentry still beat him so what is the point of denying it? The Sentry isn't always fighting weak people...He fought World War Hulk,whom nobody else on earth even all together was able to beat.He killed a Herald,he fought Galactus,He fought Doom who has bested Silver Surfer,Adam Warlock and,Magus.
3.I SAID STRANGE WAS WORTHLESS.Hulk and Sentry both beat him..you have no point of mentioning him.
4.Wonder Woman beats the Sentry and that has been proven.Go to the thread and look.

Get over it.On the vine the Sentry is underrated.Not many people like him to bother defending him.I only do it because I know better.I read his comics and I know what he can do.
#22 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Sentry losto banner which is worse then gladiators loss because atleast the guy he lost to was a powerful mutant he could destroy entire citites with one leap.
2.He didn't kill absorbing man. I don't know whats wrong with you that you don't understand the same thing happen to him when he tried to absorb and island, the ocean, and the earth, He just got his moleculs spread out is all. He's gonna come back and beat the pathetic sentry. WWHulk never fought all of those people. Why do you constantly make up those stuff? Hulk lost to galactus like three damn times why bring it up? Silver Surfer has beaten hulk to many times with the hulk only beating him at least once or twice possibly. The other three why name them. You bring these others in as if its really gonna help your side. I was so surprised you put galactus.
3.Well obviously I do. You asked who did as much damage to hulk. Dr.Strange did more damage to hulk then 20 sentrys could have done. He cut him open and threw him around like a ragdoll. Unlike Sentry was smart enough to not let hulk hit him and keep throwing puches. Dr.Strange is at least 1,000 if not more times a better character then sentry ever was, is and could ever be. At least they showed his fight with galactus lets see sentrys own? At least Dr.Strange demonstraed he could destroy a planet with a single blast lets see the sentry who lost to banner do that??
4.I know shes wins. They just made it seem like sentry couldn't even lift 50 tons. Which is why I stood up for him.

You get over him you overrate as well as many others proven fact by the wasted thread you made on him as well as the fact you lied it in. Get over the superman wanna be.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"1.Sentry losto banner which is worse then gladiators loss because atleast the guy he lost to was a powerful mutant he could destroy entire citites with one leap.
2.He didn't kill absorbing man. I don't know whats wrong with you that you don't understand the same thing happen to him when he tried to absorb and island, the ocean, and the earth, He just got his moleculs spread out is all. He's gonna come back and beat the pathetic sentry. WWHulk never fought all of those people. Why do you constantly make up those stuff? Hulk lost to galactus like three damn times why bring it up? Silver Surfer has beaten hulk to many times with the hulk only beating him at least once or twice possibly. The other three why name them. You bring these others in as if its really gonna help your side. I was so surprised you put galactus.
3.Well obviously I do. You asked who did as much damage to hulk. Dr.Strange did more damage to hulk then 20 sentrys could have done. He cut him open and threw him around like a ragdoll. Unlike Sentry was smart enough to not let hulk hit him and keep throwing puches. Dr.Strange is at least 1,000 if not more times a better character then sentry ever was, is and could ever be. At least they showed his fight with galactus lets see sentrys own? At least Dr.Strange demonstraed he could destroy a planet with a single blast lets see the sentry who lost to banner do that??
4.I know shes wins. They just made it seem like sentry couldn't even lift 50 tons. Which is why I stood up for him.

You get over him you overrate as well as many others proven fact by the wasted thread you made on him as well as the fact you lied it in. Get over the superman wanna be."
1.Sentry didn't lose to Banner.And Canonball is only an Alpha level Mutant.Same as Cyclops.Sentry could beat him with his eyes closed.
2.WHO F#CKIN CARES.If Absorbing Man isn't dead he still f#ckin lost.Again,WTF is the point of mentioning him not being dead if he didn't win the fight.He got annihilated.
3.I didn't ask that.I asked who besides the Hulk has beaten the Sentry! You can't answer because the answer is nobody! Nobody except the Hulk stood as much of a chance of beating the Sentry.
4.OK.

I didn't lie in the thread.If I lied point out one thing I lied about because I had scans for everything.
#24 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a second, Absorbing Man is dead?

#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Wow you really wanna mention cyclops who took down and entire Xmen team and say cannonball is just on his level. Not to smart. Oh yeah Sentry lost to banner. Yet sentry could beat cyclops with his eyes closed but couldn't beat hulk and banner interesting.
2.I mentioned him because you said people he fought. Please don't make me have to think for you. Absorbing man will be back as always sentry did nothing amazing in the fight.
3.The Hulk beat sentry, bruce banner beat sentry there you go. People that beat sentry. Female Ultron was beating up sentry. So was Binary. Wow never noticed how weak he was.

Well you lied about people overrating sentry. You lied to every one on the vine with that thread on sentry saying he broke dooms shield. When you were obviously to scared to say it was at 7% when others tried to break it at 100%. You actually think Sentry has taken on bigger threats then Gladiator and Thor by naming WWH. Who nearly died to Dr.Strange.

#26 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"1.Sentry losto banner which is worse then gladiators loss because atleast the guy he lost to was a powerful mutant he could destroy entire citites with one leap.

You get over him you overrate as well as many others proven fact by the wasted thread you made on him as well as the fact you lied it in. Get over the superman wanna be."
1.Sentry didn't lose to Banner.And Canonball is only an Alpha level Mutant.Same as Cyclops.Sentry could beat him with his eyes closed.
2.WHO F#CKIN CARES.If Absorbing Man isn't dead he still f#ckin lost.Again,WTF is the point of mentioning him not being dead if he didn't win the fight.He got annihilated.
3.I didn't ask that.I asked who besides the Hulk has beaten the Sentry! You can't answer because the answer is nobody! Nobody except the Hulk stood as much of a chance of beating the Sentry.
4.OK.

I didn't lie in the thread.If I lied point out one thing I lied about because I had scans for everything.
"
Are your trying to say that Sentry is weak?
#27 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:

4.OK.

"
Are your trying to say that Sentry is weak?
"
The Exact opposite.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"1.Wow you really wanna mention cyclops who took down and entire Xmen team and say cannonball is just on his level. Not to smart. Oh yeah Sentry lost to banner. Yet sentry could beat cyclops with his eyes closed but couldn't beat hulk and banner interesting.
2.I mentioned him because you said people he fought. Please don't make me have to think for you. Absorbing man will be back as always sentry did nothing amazing in the fight.
3.The Hulk beat sentry, bruce banner beat sentry there you go. People that beat sentry. Female Ultron was beating up sentry. So was Binary. Wow never noticed how weak he was.

Well you lied about people overrating sentry. You lied to every one on the vine with that thread on sentry saying he broke dooms shield. When you were obviously to scared to say it was at 7% when others tried to break it at 100%. You actually think Sentry has taken on bigger threats then Gladiator and Thor by naming WWH. Who nearly died to Dr.Strange."
1.CYCLOPS AND CANNONBALL ARE BOTH ALPHA LEVEL MUTANTS.Just because they are both classified alpha doesn't mean they could beat the same people who that one isn't more powerful than the other.He and Banner were both reverted back to human form.What good does mentioning what he did without his powers? Gladiator didn't lose his powers when he got owned by Canonball.

2.I ASKED YOU WHO BEAT THE SENTY BESIDES HULK..ABSORBING MAN LOST SO WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING HIM.DO I HAVE TO WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPS SO THAT YOU ACTUALLY READ IT?????

3.THE SENTRY RIPPED FEMALE ULTRON'S HEAD OFF,HE AND BANNER WERE BOTH HUMAN,THE HULK AND BANNER ARE THE SAME PERSON THE HULK IS JUST ANOTHER FORM,THE SENTRY GOT KNOCKED OUT BY MS.MARVEL WHILE HE WAS RIPPED ULTRON'S HEAD OFF AND HE WASN'T IN HIS RIGHT MIND,HE NEVER FOUGHT BINARY....

I lied about overrating the Sentry? You don't even make sense.I never lied to anyone about Doom's Shield I posted the scans.I wasn't posting the scans to say that the Sentry was so strong he could break the bands of Cyttorak and Doom's shield with ease My point was he did it and ripped Doom's armor off before he could finish a spell.It was a speed feat rather than strength.Hulk and Sentry both beat Strange so stop bringing him up.
#29 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

The Power of a billion exploding stars.

#30 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

M

#32 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the thing about the sentry is that he is a mystery...i mean there are still powers of his yet to be seen...but the fact that he resurected his wife kinda ticks me of...

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
WTF said:
"I guess the thing about the sentry is that he is a mystery...i mean there are still powers of his yet to be seen...but the fact that he resurected his wife kinda ticks me of...
"
All his powers have been seen he just can't use some of them anymore.His true physical strength is all we have yet to see.
#34 Posted by WTF (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think that sentry will ever fight with a clear and stable mind...without the agrophobia. Coz if he does...OH S#*T!!!!!

#35 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:

First off, it's a million exploding suns, not a billion exploding stars. Second of all, he doesn't have anywhere near that power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.