@SandMan_: guy this is marvel only person stays dead in uncle ben

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite feat was when Thor kicked his butt. That was the coolest

#8 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

Well, maybe 2 will stay dead now.

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how he wore pajamas and a wrestling belt.

#10 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how he had the power of a million exploding suns.

#11 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

They killed him because nobody would miss him that much.

#12 Posted by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed watching him fight the Hulk, and that time when he fought Molecule Man during Dark Reign.

Besides that I believe he should probably stay dead. He's a character that writers have no clue what to do with, and therefore can't make an interesting story for.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so much Sentry disrespect.

No, there is no word on his return, but maybe it's for the best. The character was butchered the minute he was brought into New Avengers. Such a waste of potential. Great character, though.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: he was ok till Bendis got him

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: That's what I meant... So many characters suffered that same fate... Poor Ares.

#17 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@uck Sentry.

#18 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: That's inaccurate. Pretty much anyone killed in Peter Parker's vicinity who ISN'T a supervillain stays dead. Gwen Stacy, Captain Stacy, Ben Reilly, Uncle Ben, etc. Only exception is Aunt May. Unlike everyone else in the DC and Marvel universes, when Spider-Man gets someone killed, HE DOES IT RIGHT.

On topic of Sentry in the Marvel Now shenannigans:

#19 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm, not to sound like the odd one out, but I've been reading into this character and I am kinda intrigued. I mean - get rid of that awful reference to the HUG Rogue and him shared during his funeral and I would be more than happy to see him return to the Marvel Universe. Just keep the character sensibly powerful with more than just the VOID as the tempering factor. Lots of potential I think.

But as for the OPs question, I haven't heard a peep. It would be a great way to reintroduce him via Cyclops' unaddressed VOID fragment still left inside him.

#21 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

Gwen Stacy has stayed dead as well

Plus it's only been a couple of years I hate when they kill someone of to just bring them back (even if I like the character)

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

He is going to stay dead and with what Bendis did to him,he better stays dead because I can't stand him.If somebody else succeeds to make him a good character again,I would love to see him but till then,stay dead.

#23 Posted by Bernicky (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I liked him, but I'm indifferent. If he comes back; cool. If not; that's fine too.

#24 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5679 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind bringing Back both Ares and Sentry. They could bring Ares back far stronger then he'd been before death who returns when Sentry does...and they have the most bad-ass rematch of all!

#25 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

VS WWH thats the best fight

#26 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider myself a Sentry fan but the only way he belongs in core continuity is as a villain. And even then, it would have to be precisely contained story.

#27 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring him back, he was a great character.

#28 Posted by RedHood1110 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Sentry, and believe that he could and should come back. His powers and his personality give him more than just the depth of the Superman-knockoff he was initially meant to be. He's a lunatic powerhouse who's meant to do good but is tempted by an inner evil. It's like a cosmic Green Arrow, always wanting to be the hero, but always internally driven to kill.

#29 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

The sentry is one of the top worst characters of marvel. He deserved to die.

#30 Posted by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

The sentry is one of the top worst characters of marvel. He deserved to die.

This. If he comes back... I don't know what I am going to do...

#31 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

#32 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just use Marvel Man?

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33629 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Sentry, they could at least bring back Scout

#34 Posted by Malonius (887 posts) - - Show Bio

They should bring Sentry back as a space based character. Have him join the Annihilators where people around him could balance him a bit.

#35 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

But as for the OPs question, I haven't heard a peep. It would be a great way to reintroduce him via Cyclops' unaddressed VOID fragment still left inside him.

well... that EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!! Cyclops is acting like he is because of that, and when everyone finds that out, it will come out and bam! Sentry is here again. Screw this....

#36 Posted by SoA (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: i liked sentry up until marvel :

1. made him a complete schizophrenic . if he was tricked into thinking the void was his imagination other than a a whole other personality it would of been fine , but having him hide and cower over what he might do . BS

2. making him a junkie : they really wanted no one to like him , after this reveal i was left scratching me head

3. having Thor of all people defeat him . Thor got his butt handed to him a few issues before by a bunch of b-list villains , and even though Thor fans love this feat , the only Thor could win was having Sentry allowing him to kill him and not defend himself at all

i would love for sentry to come back and written well , if he is too powerful do what they did to surfer , beta ray bill, quasar , and every other powerhouse , send his butt to space ! have him take on cosmic beings . The Sentry could have so much more than some crazy super-powered junkie . if he was to return they could have him awaken from the sun , say he was recuperating the whole time . the Sentry needs a proper comeback and place in the Marvel U. Hopefully he gets it

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

I think he's gonna stay dead.

I hope he's going to stay dead.

#38 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry was a decent concept that was simply written into the ground, at this point unless someone comes up with the mother of all retcons, leave him dead.

#39 Posted by dellamorte (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Uhm, not to sound like the odd one out, but I've been reading into this character and I am kinda intrigued. I mean - get rid of that awful reference to the HUG Rogue and him shared during his funeral and I would be more than happy to see him return to the Marvel Universe. Just keep the character sensibly powerful with more than just the VOID as the tempering factor. Lots of potential I think.

amen to that...I jept thinking cyclops was going to go phoenix void on the world and sentry would return to stop him...Thor didn't kick his ass he let Thor kill him...after...Ironman dropped the hellicarrier on him...Which was stupid. Considering Sentry brought asgard to earth on his own...but sure the insignificant weight (to him) of the hellicarrier knocked him one. He is a great character with lots of potential in the right hands.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaioTrubat said: 

This. If he comes back... I don't know what I am going to do...

Unless all you read is Avengers books you could simply not read the books he's in. I learned this during Dark Reign..it's not that hard to avoid his appearances.
#41 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, like a bad poo, should be flushed away and forgotten about.

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@SoA said:

@The_Soverighn: i liked sentry up until marvel :

1. made him a complete schizophrenic . if he was tricked into thinking the void was his imagination other than a a whole other personality it would of been fine , but having him hide and cower over what he might do . BS

His schizophrenia was actually a much needed plot device if you consider that he's stated to have unlimited power with mental stability. It's the same thing for most characters. Most of them have some limitation that makes them slightly less awesome because otherwise they would be flawless and impossible to write for. 

@SoA said:

3. having Thor of all people defeat him . Thor got his butt handed to him a few issues before by a bunch of b-list villains , and even though Thor fans love this feat , the only Thor could win was having Sentry allowing him to kill him and not defend himself at all

The way I see it Thor killed Robert Reynolds but has NEVER defeated the Sentry or the Void.  
#43 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro can you recommend a sentry story were he's not a whiny lap dog ? Or a brainless brute ? I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm really courius and want to read up on the character

#44 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him during the Dark Avengers storyline, when he was basically just a powerful tool of Norman Osborn's. I hated him in pretty much every other story I read with him in it. If they do bring him back, it should be as a villain. Hell, I think he'd make a great Thor villain.

#45 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

No. When he finally died, it was amazing. I want him gone from comics for a LONG time.... unless Greg Rucka, Jason Aaron, or Matt Fraction want to use him.

#46 Posted by SoA (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

The way I see it Thor killed Robert Reynolds but has NEVER defeated the Sentry or the Void.

i can agree with this

#47 Posted by Senturion (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought maybe he could come back in a one shot, maybe stopping a galactus-level threat then either returning to his grave in the sun or zooming off in space where he could have cosmic stories or he could just find a place to hide away.

@Vance Astro: his mental problems made the character for me, as has been said, having him 'perfect' would just be boring, and in dark reign he and norman osborn had a connection on a dark level in which explored a new way of 'Mind Controlling' a hero, and the Thor Vs Sentry/Void fight was awesome, thor giving everything, and the sentry almost shrugging it off, then a moment of clarity, heroism(almost) and selfishness actually, he allowed himself to be killed. I loved the sentry, from His mini series, through new avengers and all the way to his death, i just really liked the character.

I cant be the only one..right?

#48 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Senturion:

Nah --- not the only one. I like the character too.

@John Valentine said:

As opposed to good one which should be...? (sorry, couldn't help it)

#49 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@John Valentine said:

As opposed to good one which should be...? (sorry, couldn't help it)

Which should have a photo taken and framed on one's wall to show guests when they come around to visit.

#50 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine:

So obvious! Thanks!

;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.