Sentry As God A Good Thing Really I'm Not Crazy!!

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it if he is really God when he realizes it and accepts it he'll realize he can't stay on Earth and have to leave both Earth and maybe even the 616 reality in Marvel, which would result in no more Sentry, which can only be a good thing. Basically what I'm saying is this maybe a way to write him out of existence by making him God he won't be able to stay around and he'll have to leave both the Earth and the universe resulting in no more Sentry stories. Anyways that's just my thoughts, what are yours?

#2 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sentry is one of those characters that came in weird and has stayed weird. People like the way he looks but besides that no one really enjoys him. To me, he was Marvel's Superman and that just got really weird. I actually would like if he just got rebooted or someone else became Sentry. Would like to see the character be reworked into something people would really enjoy. Wonder if there is a character that could take his powers or something?

#3 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sentry is one of those characters that came in weird and has stayed weird. People like the way he looks but besides that no one really enjoys him. To me, he was Marvel's Superman and that just got really weird. I actually would like if he just got rebooted or someone else became Sentry. Would like to see the character be reworked into something people would really enjoy. Wonder if there is a character that could take his powers or something?

#4 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy the Sentry Character. 

If you look at the overall arc from the time Bendis takes over it seems to make sense. Not entirely sure what people have against it.
#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099:
i think its the walking plot device nature of the character, whenever theres a power he needs to win a fight it suddenly appears despite having never had any evidence of it itd be ok if it happened once or twice but with him its become common
#6 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Griffin_2099: i think its the walking plot device nature of the character, whenever theres a power he needs to win a fight it suddenly appears despite having never had any evidence of it itd be ok if it happened once or twice but with him its become common "

#7 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry/Void is not claiming to be God
But a power of God
In what ever entity form he is
The Bible ref with Moses is the Angel of Death
Of course it will turnout to be nothing to do with God

#8 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny but I just posted a reply to another post regarding the Sentry in the same light about a week ago.  My theory is that he could be a hand of One-above-all/God (not to be confused with the celestial leader).  If this is the case then the conversation that Robert was having with himself was his own psychi coming to terns with him being bigger than a hero.  He's a higher being, and higher beings think eons beyond mere mortals.  Things like heroism only amuse them unless they see an actual significance in it ultimatley.  The issues that hero's like say daredevil fight are constant and never stop possibly dooming him at some point, a higher being would see this as fruitless and seek out the endgame even if it takes years to occur.  Things that concern us are generally small to higher beings, and maybe Robert was realizing he needs to leave the small stuff to the heros.  That would be a great reason for him to leave I personally feel.
#9 Posted by Celunon (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry is possessed by the Angel of Death... the Watcher confirmed this, unless you want to argue that he was being using extreme hyperbole and/or metaphor in this...and that's kind of not a strong argument to make, as Osborn and Lindy also believe a connection; the Void himself has also mentioned "God."

#10 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be cool. Then him and Thor could probablybash it out every time they meet, just too see who the better god.

#11 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperbole and Sentry are one in the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.