#1 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry's Bio

List of powers:

• Super strength/thunderclapping
  • Super speed
  • Invulnerability
  • Super senses
  • Flight
  • Psionic powers (telepathy, holding his physical powers together with his mind)
  • Absorption of solar radiation and other energies
  • Energy projection
  • Constructs
  • Elemental manipulation
  • Invisibility via deflecting light and radiant emissions
  • Phasing
  • Transmutation
  • Healing others
  • Dimensional travel
  • Shapeshifting
  • Immortality/Resurrection
  • Localized reality warping(molecuar manipulation)
  • Splitting himself into two beings, the Sentry and the Void:

In 24 hours, I promise, Sentry fans, I will have tons of scans. And please, if you don't like Sentry, just don't view this thread. This thread's purpose is to show some respect for Sentry.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91365 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but there is already like 3 of these.

#3 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

Enzeru alone made two of these, and they were pretty comprehensive.

And he doesn't have soul devouring or reality warping.

Moderator Online
#4 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Enzeru alone made two of these, and they were pretty comprehensive.

And he doesn't have soul devouring or reality warping.

Yeah, but those threads got deleted because Enzeru was banned. I always get the two powers confused, he has the power of molecular manipulation, not reality warping:

Can "control the molecules of this world."

Makes his watchtower rematerialize atop the Avengers Tower after "hiding" it while he was away.

Here is the full fight between Sentry and Molecule Man:

All credit goes to KMC's "Robert Reynolds: The Sentry" Thread.

#5 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: A) You need to make those images thumbnails so that people with slower connections don't need forever to load the page, B) I know he has molecule manipulation, I've read everything he's ever appeared in and C) that fight with Molecule Man is generally (and rightly) regarded as ridiculous PIS, not really respect thread stuff. I doubt you'd find many Spider-Man respect threads where people try to pass off beating Firelord as a feat.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99: A) You need to make those images thumbnails so that people with slower connections don't need forever to load the page, B) I know he has molecule manipulation, I've read everything he's ever appeared in and C) that fight with Molecule Man is generally (and rightly) regarded as ridiculous PIS, not really respect thread stuff. I doubt you'd find many Spider-Man respect threads where people try to pass off beating Firelord as a feat.

B. I meant molecular manipulation, I get that and reality warping confused.

C. I was just posting the full fight, if you don't like it, that's your opinion.

#7 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: It's not a matter of my opinion. Respect threads are supposed to portray the character's normal capabilities. Even the highest-end feats are acceptable as long as they make sense given the character's powerset and history. A fight where someone overwhelmingly more powerful than Sentry jobbed to Reynolds doesn't portray Sentry's capabilities, it just tries to give him a level of ability that he doesn't actually have and has never displayed anywhere else. That's not respect, that's fraudulence. You can post it if you want and claim that Sentry really is that powerful, since if this is just meant to be your opinion you're entitled to it. But you should know that particular feat means nothing.

Moderator Online
#8 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

ORIGIN

Origin according to the Void:

Dark Avengers #13

Relevant long ago event:

Origin according to his wife:

The Void’s final talk with Bob:

#9 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Also, thumbnails.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I just posted the fight. I am aware of everything you said. Someone might want to know the fight between Sentry and Molecule Man, so I posted it. I didn't post it to show that Sentry is a unbeatable god.

#11 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Thumbnails, got it.

Speed/Senses and miscellaneous showings

The Sentry v2 #6

Catches a handgun bullet right after it’s been fired:

New Thunderbolts #13

Perceives energy particles around Red Ronin:

Are these sufficient?(I will have a ton of scans later).

#12 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane: I just posted the fight. I am aware of everything you said. Someone might want to know the fight between Sentry and Molecule Man, so I posted it. I didn't post it to show that Sentry is a unbeatable god.

Whatevs. Your thread, I suppose you can post anything you want. It's just that fights like that don't belong in respect threads. It's not a high showing for Sentry, it's a low showing for Molecule Man.

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Got it. Are my thumbnails the right size?

#14 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Yeah, that's much better. You should edit your previous posts and replace those images with thumbnails as well.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91365 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99: It's not a matter of my opinion. Respect threads are supposed to portray the character's normal capabilities. Even the highest-end feats are acceptable as long as they make sense given the character's powerset and history. A fight where someone overwhelmingly more powerful than Sentry jobbed to Reynolds doesn't portray Sentry's capabilities, it just tries to give him a level of ability that he doesn't actually have and has never displayed anywhere else. That's not respect, that's fraudulence. You can post it if you want and claim that Sentry really is that powerful, since if this is just meant to be your opinion you're entitled to it. But you should know that particular feat means nothing.

1.Most respect threads i've seen have scans of characters beating others we know they can't beat without a plot device or just poor writing.

2.It is a matter of opinion whether Molecule Man jobbed to Sentry or whether is power level was simply retconned by Bendis so Sentry could beat him.Or maybe Bendis simply doesn't have a clue how molecule manipulation works.

#16 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

This is a great thread - lots of information, bookmarked. :)

Thanks!

#17 Posted by baron2011 (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

great thread

#18 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Here are some scans:

Speed/Senses and miscellaneous showings

Hulk v2 #9

Props a collapsing tower at super speed:

The Sentry v2 #2

" A butterfly in Africa":

Agents of Atlas v2 #1

Hears Osborn calling him from the other side of the world and flies there in short notice:

Punisher v7 #1

Catches a Skrull high-powered sniper rifle bullet in mid-air(travels at around Mach 4):

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #2

Everyday speeding:

The Sentry/X-Men

Survives a nuclear explosion at point blank range:

Siege Epilogue: The Sentry Fallen Sun

Was immune to Rogue’s powers:

Sentry v1 #2

When starting to manifest again, the Void ravages a village:

Sentry v2 #1

Pushes an oil tanker ashore:

#19 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Silent War #2:

Cracks a mountain in half:

Mighty Avengers #2

Shrugs off Ultron’s lightning bolts which were torturing Ares:

Silent War #5

Resists a whisper from Black Bolt (Skrull imposter, though he could still make Hulk bleed):

Incredible Hercules# 128

Lifts a sinking ship and empties it of water:

Ms. Marvel #42

Lifts a plane:

Siege #1

Plows through the city of Asgard to destroy Heimdall’s Observatory:

Siege #1

When bodyguarding Norman Osborn, Sentry drags Thor away from him and Asgard, soaks a hammer for the cause:

#20 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: No problem, and here it comes again:

Telepathy

The Sentry v1 #5

A transmitter powered by the same serum that empowered Sentry emitted a telepathic signal powerful enough to make everybody on Earth and beyond forget about Sentry’s long career and ignore any physical evidence of his existence, for years, with no end to the serum in sight:

Upon deactivation of the device, everybody remembers him again:

Sentry v2 #7

But when Bob catches on and throws his own weight around, Strange’s magic can’t hold his mind:

#21 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@majestic99:

Oh wow - thanks again! :)

So you like my scans?Because here's some more(told I have tons):

Encounters: New Avengers period

New Avengers #2

Sentry Vs. Carnage:

New Avengers #9

The Void Vs. Superhero teams: Dr. Strange, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Black Bolt and the Inhumans, Namor, S.H.I.E.L.D. forces… and himself:

This is a long fight(this is part 1 of 2)

#22 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

You do know that Sentry was introduced as a prank for Marvel readers, a sad, and not so funny prank by Quesada and Wizard Magazine.

Personally I dislike him for several strong reasons which you probably know of, besides that I don't see him as a shameless rip-off of Superman, he strongly reminds me of Nuclear Man from Superman 4: Quest for peace. Maybe Bendis did bring out the best in him, but by theory, I think Sentry held the same fate like the Beyonder did when Marvel didn't want to deal with him.

#23 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

You do know that Sentry was introduced as a prank for Marvel readers, a sad, and not so funny prank by Quesada and Wizard Magazine.

Personally I dislike him for several strong reasons which you probably know of, besides that I don't see him as a shameless rip-off of Superman, he strongly reminds me of Nuclear Man from Superman 4: Quest for peace. Maybe Bendis did bring out the best in him, but by theory, I think Sentry held the same fate like the Beyonder did when Marvel didn't want to deal with him.

Sentry is a Superman Clone, but that doesn't mean he's a lame character. I like him, that's why I'm making this thread, if you don't like him, don't post, you should've read op.

#24 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@MTHarman said:

Sentry is a Superman Clone, but that doesn't mean he's a lame character. I like him, that's why I'm making this thread, if you don't like him, don't post, you should've read op.

Sentry isn't lame, but holds alot of potential that's been mishandled, which is why I strongly believe why he's hated. Even though I do dislike him, there were a few moments where I did see a potential character for the Marvel Universe.

#25 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

Sentry isn't lame, but holds alot of potential that's been mishandled, which is why I strongly believe why he's hated. Even though I do dislike him, there were a few moments where I did see a potential character for the Marvel Universe.

I didn't say he was a lame character.

#26 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@MTHarman said:

I didn't say he was a lame character.

Wasn't speaking for you

#27 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

Wasn't speaking for you

What are you talking about?

#28 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

When mentioning that Sentry wasn't lame, I was speaking for those who say that the Sentry was lame.

Basically I was respectfully sharing why I think the Sentry isn't lame.

#29 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

When mentioning that Sentry wasn't lame, I was speaking for those who say that the Sentry was lame.

Basically I was respectfully sharing why I think the Sentry isn't lame.

Got it.

#30 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

A prank? Or they simply mislead us? 2 different things

#31 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

A prank? Or they simply mislead us? 2 different things

Actually, it was more of a hoax, an inspiration of Orson Welles, War of the Worlds.

#32 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

That would mean Sentry never existed....o.O

#33 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Sentry is still a cool character.

#34 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

The Void explains their immortality to Sentry after his mental state dives to suicidal and he tries to kill himself inside the Sun (this became a key point during the final Siege #4 fight):

Immortality:

The Sentry v2 #8

The Void told Sentry they couldn’t die:

The Sentry v2 #1

Sentry Vs. Attuma and his army:

The Sentry v2 #1

Sentry Vs. Terrax the Tamer:

The Sentry v2 #2

Sentry Vs. Xeniac:

The Sentry v2 #8

Sentry Vs. The Void’s CLOC probes:

The Sentry v2 #8

Sentry Vs. The Void:

New Thunderbolts #14

Sentry Vs. Photon (Genis-Vell):

The Sentry v2 #3

The Void Vs. Hulk, the General and his Negative Zone army:

New Avengers #18

Sentry Vs. The Collective/Magneto/Xorn:

For context’s sake, the cosmic Binary Ms. Marvel couldn’t do half as good as Sentry against the Collective earlier in the comic:

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91365 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#36 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Thank you!

Invincible Iron Man v4 #10

Sentry Vs. Iron Man:

Invincible Iron Man v4 #11

Sentry vs. Iron Man (continued):

Wolverine v3 #47

Sentry Vs. Wolverine and Janus:

New Avengers #24

Sentry Vs. Gorgon, Karnak and other Inhumans:

Civil War: The Return

Sentry Vs. Absorbing Man:

Okay, I'll be back in 24 hours with a ton of more scans to come(I am nowhere close to done).

#37 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it. Thans for the uploads

#38 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see more

#39 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Love it. Thanks for the uploads

No problem!

Encounters: Mighty Avengers period

Avengers-Invaders #6

Sentry Vs. Human Torch:

Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #5

Sentry Vs. Blue Marvel:

Hulk v2 #8

Sentry Vs. Hulk (briefly):

Hulk v2 #9

Sentry and Brother Voodoo Vs. Wendihulk:

Mighty Avengers #8

Sentry Vs. Symbiote Wasp:

#40 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the void picks

#41 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I have a question about the biblical thing with the Sentry, When I first read that issue I understood it as that the Void is the Old Testament God but then I heard that it was supposed to convey that he was the Angel of Death. Which one is it?

#42 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you put up scan when he fought Morgan le fay

#43 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

Okay I have a question about the biblical thing with the Sentry, When I first read that issue I understood it as that the Void is the Old Testament God but then I heard that it was supposed to convey that he was the Angel of Death. Which one is it?

It was the Void, and back then people called the Void the "Angel of Death."

#44 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Can you put up scan when he fought Morgan le fay

@HolySerpent said:

Where's the void picks

Dark Avengers #13

The Void disintegrates a Kree gun (same thing he did to Molecule Man during Dark Avengers #12, and to Loki and the Norn Stones during Siege #4)

Dark Avengers #14

The Void creates and dispels clouds of disintegrating dark tendrils all over Manhattan, and warps the Watchtower, as a tantrum:

Dark Avengers #2

Sentry Vs. Morgana Le Fay:

Dark Avengers #4

Sentry Vs. Morgana Le Fay (aftermath):

Note:

I am nowhere near done with scans for the Encounters: Mighty Avengers Period.

I have some really long fights to post( Sentry vs Ultron and Sentry vs Hulk) so I'm going to put those in thumbnails in about 4-5 hours.

#45 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#46 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont tell me what to do.

#47 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Dont tell me what to do.

I never you told you anything to do, what are you talking about?

#48 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@Skunkstein said:

Dont tell me what to do.

I never you told you anything to do, what are you talking about?

Your title*

And it was ment as sarcasm.

#49 Posted by Skyfire (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Sentry. I hope he returns in the future.

#50 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Your title*

And it was ment as sarcasm.

Well, when you're typing you have to specify. But... I get it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.