Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Questions about Sentry's powers.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

I have some qestions about Sentry.

1: How strong is Sentry? I know he can lift a 100 tons but how strong is he realy?
    2: Can Sentry fly in space?
    3: I herd that Sentry can manipulate energy like Vulcan is that true?
    4: I know he has telepathic powers but dose he also have telekinises?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

Yes he can fly in space.

Other than that, idk, idk, idk.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mimic12

Well thats one qustion down now what about the rest.

1: How strong is Sentry? I know he can lift a 100 tons but how strong is he realy?
    2: I herd that Sentry can manipulate energy like Vulcan is that true?
    3: I know he has telepathic powers but dose he also have telekinises?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

1.Sentry's strength is incalculable...

2.He can create light constructs and manipulate light in different ways...that's about it.
    3.No...he doesn't have TK
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimic12
    Vance Astro said:
    "1.Sentry's strength is incalculable...
    2.He can create light constructs and manipulate light in different ways...that's about it.
    3.No...he doesn't have TK
    "
    So dose that mean sentry might have the same strength as Superman. Because that would be very cool.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Probably not since the DC and Marvel power scales are very different.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius

Sentry strength has the potential to be unlimited
    He can fly in space
    No energy manipulation
    I think he has potential for telepathy
    No TK

Sentry powers are limited compared to the Void.
    The Void has the light construct powers.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Alpha said:
    "Sentry strength has the potential to be unlimited
    He can fly in space
    No energy manipulation
    I think he has potential for telepathy
    No TK

Sentry powers are limited compared to the Void.
    The Void has the light construct powers."
    Where do you get this stuff?
    Sentry manipulates light..which is energy.
    The potential for telepathy? He used telepathy several times since New\Mighty Avengers.He even made an opponent see the Void in their mind scaring them into submission.
    Sentry and the Void have the same amount of powers.....
    The Void doesn't have light construct powers Sentry does.Light is Void's weakness.He feeds off of negative energy,evil thoughts,and darkness.
    Sentry's powers are telepathic...the more stable he is mentally..the more powerful he is.
    He also has photokenesis where he involuntarily absorbs light making him stronger as well.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mimic12

Ok acording to Marvel.com the Sentry gets his powers from a experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line and I was wondering what dose that mean? Plus what dose it mean by the power of one million exploding suns. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "Ok acording to Marvel.com the Sentry gets his powers from a experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line and I was wondering what dose that mean? Plus what dose it mean by the power of one million exploding suns. "
    1.Sentry actually too an accelerted version of the Super Soldier serum...Anyone who has taken an accelerated dose ha gained psychic abilities.
    2.I don't know what that description means about his molecules....
    3.He doesn't have the power of a million exploding suns...he doesn't know how powerful he is...he only started saying that after he read a comic book about him.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mimic12
    Vance Astro said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "Ok acording to Marvel.com the Sentry gets his powers from a experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line and I was wondering what dose that mean? Plus what dose it mean by the power of one million exploding suns. "
    1.Sentry actually too an accelerted version of the Super Soldier serum...Anyone who has taken an accelerated dose ha gained psychic abilities.
    3.He doesn't have the power of a million exploding suns...he doesn't know how powerful he is...he only started saying that after he read a comic book about him.
    "

OK dosent hert to ask thanks eneyway.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

OK dosent hert to ask thanks eneyway."
    =]
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mike28
    Vance Astro said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

All right heres the deal about the moecules. If you ever saw the movie Back to the Future. Well theres a part in the movie were Doc Brown sends is dog 1 min in the future with his time machine. Eneyway when the dog catches up his watch is 1 min behind Doc Browns because the dog skiped that min. The same rule goes for the Sentry his molecules jump ahead in the future and when he catches up they jump again and because of the constent jumping that is were he gets his powers. At least that my theory.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    Mike28 said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

All right heres the deal about the moecules. If you ever saw the movie Back to the Future. Well theres a part in the movie were Doc Brown sends is dog 1 min in the future with his time machine. Eneyway when the dog catches up his watch is 1 min behind Doc Browns because the dog skiped that min. The same rule goes for the Sentry his molecules jump ahead in the future and when he catches up they jump again and because of the constent jumping that is were he gets his powers. At least that my theory."

How does that give him powers?
    Did the dog in BTTF have super powers? I don't remember.
    Virtuoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Virtuoso
    fesak said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "All right heres the deal about the moecules. If you ever saw the movie Back to the Future. Well theres a part in the movie were Doc Brown sends is dog 1 min in the future with his time machine. Eneyway when the dog catches up his watch is 1 min behind Doc Browns because the dog skiped that min. The same rule goes for the Sentry his molecules jump ahead in the future and when he catches up they jump again and because of the constent jumping that is were he gets his powers. At least that my theory."

Did the dog in BTTF have super powers? I don't remember."
    I'm pretty sure Einstein had the power of a million exploding suns after that. You just don't remember because he messed with your head with his vast psychic powers.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mike28
    fesak said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

All right heres the deal about the moecules. If you ever saw the movie Back to the Future. Well theres a part in the movie were Doc Brown sends is dog 1 min in the future with his time machine. Eneyway when the dog catches up his watch is 1 min behind Doc Browns because the dog skiped that min. The same rule goes for the Sentry his molecules jump ahead in the future and when he catches up they jump again and because of the constent jumping that is were he gets his powers. At least that my theory."

Well thats the info on Marvel.com and thats what the serum dose. I dont know how it gives the sentry his powers I was trying to help answer the question. It is a comic book its not supposed to make sence its like people keep asking why dose the hulks pants stay on? Because they had to Marvel couldent draw him with his hulk dork hanging out. well thats all for now.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mike28
    Virtuoso said:
    "fesak said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "All right heres the deal about the moecules. If you ever saw the movie Back to the Future. Well theres a part in the movie were Doc Brown sends is dog 1 min in the future with his time machine. Eneyway when the dog catches up his watch is 1 min behind Doc Browns because the dog skiped that min. The same rule goes for the Sentry his molecules jump ahead in the future and when he catches up they jump again and because of the constent jumping that is were he gets his powers. At least that my theory."

I'm pretty sure Einstein had the power of a million exploding suns after that. You just don't remember because he messed with your head with his vast psychic powers."
    Well thats the info on Marvel.com and thats what the serum dose. I dont know how it gives the sentry his powers I was trying to help answer the question. It is a comic book its not supposed to make sence its like people keep asking why dose the hulks pants stay on? Because they had to Marvel couldent draw him with his hulk dork hanging out. well thats all for now.
    mitsios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mitsios

it says that his powers are limitless.think about it he has the power of a million exploding sunswhich means think our sun exploding and the energy it unleashes then multiply by 1million and you get...well a powerfull guy with no balls:P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mitsios said:
    "it says that his powers are limitless.think about it he has the power of a million exploding sunswhich means think our sun exploding and the energy it unleashes then multiply by 1million and you get...well a powerfull guy with no balls:P"

Wrong..get out.Don't bump threads to make up stuff.
    mitsios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mitsios

hehe my bad

capsvibranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By capsvibranium

I think the moral of the Sentry story is that even the most limitless power can be made limited by the mind.  So if you're looking for an answer on his powers, remember this:  if you don't think the Sentry can do it, you're 99.9% wrong.  However, it's a moot point because that's not the crux of his character.  We all know he's ridiculous and the extent of his powers kind of make you laugh, but it's the Void and the schizophrenia that keeps people interested.  That's about the best I can answer your inqueries. 

Sirnoobsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sirnoobsalot

I've got a better question:

HOW THE HELL do you get ANY OF THAT from his powers origin?

Chrome Zillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chrome Zillion
    @Sirnoobsalot said:
    " I've got a better question:HOW THE HELL do you get ANY OF THAT from his powers origin? "
    Just think of it this way.Sentry is alot more powerful than he's shown to be and even without being able to utilize all his power he's still one of if not the strongest being on the planet.
    Sirnoobsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sirnoobsalot
    @Chrome Zillion said:
    " @Sirnoobsalot said:
    " I've got a better question:HOW THE HELL do you get ANY OF THAT from his powers origin? "
    Just think of it this way.Sentry is alot more powerful than he's shown to be and even without being able to utilize all his power he's still one of if not the strongest being on the planet.
    "

Um... do you even know where he got his powers...?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Sirnoobsalot said:
    " @Chrome Zillion said:
    " @Sirnoobsalot said:
    "
    Um... do you even know where he got his powers...? "
    From an accelerated version of the super-soldier serum.Yes,i'm Chrome Zillion..before you ask.I don't see what that question has to do with what I said in the first place.
    SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SwaggaB0y

in the Utopia comic they had sentry labeled as near Omnipotent and God like 

can anyone shed light this for ya pal Swagga Boy

@Vance Astro

I quoted you Vance because I really want your input on this.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OhTru
    so long Sentry

@fesak said:
    "" How does that give him powers? Did the dog in BTTF have super powers? I don't remember. "
    No Caption Provided
    RichardLaidlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RichardLaidlaw

no but he does hve the power of 600 suns and hes also the void he made everyone forget who he was and he even can create large creatures hes so dangerous they had to lock him away if it wasnt for his drug problem and him being crazy i wouldnt like him lol
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By D3athstroke

Bump

LeSuperheros4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns. The phase-shift in his molecules means that the Sentry partially exists in a different dimension at all times. In science fiction, this is often a defensive technique, making a person or object more durable since some of it can't be hurt. He possesses powers of molecular manipulation, which he has gained control over since losing his agoraphobia. His physical strength is incalculable, though he and X-Man have stalemated Galactus together. He can think, move, and react at superhuman speeds, including catching a bullet from an advanced Skrull sniper rifle and can travel from the planet's surface to the sun in a few seconds. Light takes 8 minutes. He also has superhuman senses on the same level as Superman. Aside from mental instability and the desire to die, the Sentry is apparently impervious, to the point where S.H.I.E.L.D. has no idea how to take him down. He has photokinesis and has been shown to project thermal and concussive energy with the power to burn the Hulk's skin and level city blocks, respectively. The Sentry does have telepathic abilities with amazing potential. He was able to erase himself from the memories of every living being on Earth, including people like Professor X and Doctor Strange. He has also shown psionic resistance, when Professor X and Emma Frost were unable to enter his mind without his permission, even after Emma built a back door into his mind. He can heal from virtually anything including being molecularly (don't think that is a word) displaced, and he can bring the dead back to life, although this was done completely by accident in a time of great stress. He is basically Superman with molecular manipulation, energy projection, telepathy, schizophrenia, and a very messed up alternate personality.

Komics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait a sec didnt hulk rememeber him. also would he be stronger than WWhulk and would sentry all out rage mode no holding back or black bolt yelling as loud as possible be more destroctive. wait could he beat deadpool using his telepathy because even charles couldnt and would silver surfer be able to beat him

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is a little more powerful than god in real life. Someone once even told me sentry has TP'd the writers irl to forget him

Avatar image for rotaryscorpion9
    RotaryScorpion9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, i was wondering.. Robert Reynolds, does he have to keep drinking the serum to gain his Sentry powers, or is i permanent after the first time he drank it?

hussain323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

actually RotaryScorpion9 he doesn't i asked the guy who created sentry and he said that he doesn't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.