Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Powers?

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By X

ok i dont know alot about Sentry and i just read his powers and im a little confused so in simple form what are his powers and abilities? P.S. pics with him using powers would be helpful 

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By karrob

I dont have any scans but in short he seems to have the same type of powers as molecule man...without the experience and skill to wield them to there utmost effectiveness.

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By X
    @karrob: so what all does that consist of?
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By karrob
    @ X: The Molecule Man can manipulate all forms of matter to the molecular level. He can create, destroy, change and manipulate inorganic and organic molecules. He can even control and manipulate energy and turn things into energy. In addition Sentry has physical powers on par with Gladiator (but i think this is a by product of his molecular arranging abilities) and high level telepathy.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ok; in his original appearances (written by Paul Jenkins), the Sentry has

• Incredible Superhuman strength, vastly more than Hulk and Thor
    • Superhuman Speed
    • Flight
    • High Level Energy Projection and Absorption
    • High Level Telepathy

After Bendis decided to ruin the character; he lost his telepathy and gained the ability to alter all molecules within his direct vicinity. However, he almost seems to forget how to use this power at times as well. 

In short, read Paul Jenkins' first Sentry series; because it is one of Marvel's finest works. After that, join me in cursing Dark Avengers and Siege forever.
    X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By X
    @karrob: so with that does he have the ability to move objects without touching them  like jean 
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
     thanks for the advise 
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karrob
    @ X: Nope!  
    @FadeToBlackBolt : Well said. I think that Bendis did too much with Sentry...Smh
    X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By X
    @karrob: o i c ok thanks 
    Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Susanoo
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "Ok; in his original appearances (written by Paul Jenkins), the Sentry has
    • Incredible Superhuman strength, vastly more than Hulk and Thor
    • Superhuman Speed
    • Flight
    • High Level Energy Projection and Absorption
    • High Level Telepathy
      After Bendis decided to ruin the character; he lost his telepathy and gained the ability to alter all molecules within his direct vicinity. However, he almost seems to forget how to use this power at times as well.   In short, read Paul Jenkins' first Sentry series; because it is one of Marvel's finest works. After that, join me in cursing Dark Avengers and Siege forever. "

When has Sentry shown the ability to carry over a billion tons? Hulk and Thor has carry much more.
    hussain323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hussain323

hey guys does the sentry need the serum to get super powers because i know in marvel knights he did but after that i didnt see him take the serum and in dark avengers norman osborn gives him a replica serum and the sentry accepts it quit happily so im a bit confused why would he need the replica serum if he had the serum like we see inmarvel knights and if he doesnt how does he still have his powers

protodolken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible all of his powers comes from his mind? I was wondering if he thinks he can do something, he can do it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.