Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Kill The Sentry

• 118 results
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#101  Edited By Korg
    @OhTru said:
    " @Korg said:
    " He's a terrible character. "
    continuity is terrible "
    Continuity in general, or the Sentry's continuity?
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By OhTru
    @Korg said:

" Continuity in general, or the Sentry's continuity? "

Everything Marvel continuity, the continuity of his powers, his personality, his abilities
    the continuity of the original Sentry origin storyline
    continuity of Sentry retconing 2000-3000 years of Religious Theology
    the continuity of the past 70 years of Marvel comicbook history

Everything is terrible

The guy is a walking plot device and it has become a total train wreck

If you look up fail in the dictionary you will see a pic of Bob slumped on the floor, with his cape covering his face because he's druged out on some serum - that in itself should describe the level of fail that is Bob
    SENTRY IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF FAIL
    Sentry has gotten lost in the past 8 years and shoved into  7 decades worth of events that squeeze all quality out of Marvel and squeeze the time out of telling a story that can help define Sentry. I still think the Sentry is basically a failure, and that does not work well in the mainstream super-hero genre. Many of us now see why Marvel readers wanted more Wolverine, or Daredevil or Ironman and didn't care for SilverAge Superman comics or ridiculous plot devices
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#103  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Dies from Crack Overdose

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By hdorman1

No Caption Provided
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @hdorman1 said:
    "

"

lol thats funny and sad at the same time
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#106  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @OhTru said:
    " @Korg said:

" Continuity in general, or the Sentry's continuity? "

Everything Marvel continuity, the continuity of his powers, his personality, his abilities the continuity of the original Sentry origin storylinecontinuity of Sentry retconing 2000-3000 years of Religious Theologythe continuity of the past 70 years of Marvel comicbook history  Everything is terrible  The guy is a walking plot device and it has become a total train wreck     If you look up fail in the dictionary you will see a pic of Bob slumped on the floor, with his cape covering his face because he's druged out on some serum - that in itself should describe the level of fail that is BobSENTRY IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF FAIL Sentry has gotten lost in the past 8 years and shoved into  7 decades worth of events that squeeze all quality out of Marvel and squeeze the time out of telling a story that can help define Sentry. I still think the Sentry is basically a failure, and that does not work well in the mainstream super-hero genre. Many of us now see why Marvel readers wanted more Wolverine, or Daredevil or Ironman and didn't care for SilverAge Superman comics or ridiculous plot devices "
    You're the very definition of fail...
    Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think they will make sentry turn into the void one last time before they kill him off but i agree he is to emo and gotten way boring this last year. 

if you ever sugest spidey being killed again i will hunt you down and destroy you myself!!! hahahahaha
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BatDance

F#ck the Sentry  
    Its an absolute mess

Worse than Tony getting his brain fried, worse than Gwen getting preggers

I hope Zeus gets into the game and f#cking stomps the Sentry for this, 
    kills him permanently 

don't pay 4 bucks
    pick up the comic, flick through it, fire it back on the shelf. If you need any references on the most important bits the reviews and scans will be all over the net soon

Sentry should have never come along
    it is the biggest f#cking trainwreck in Marvel right now 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Primmaster64

Maybe Marvelman will kill him.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By OhTru
    @TheDrifter said:

" LMAOIf there is anyway to support this, I'm supporting it. "

I've also been reading complaints on Marvel's official boards
     http://marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=176385&sid=9c712449cd7eeefd626cdd5c8fb24921
    Has Bendis forgotten his earlier writing, circa New Avengers, regarding the Sentry?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Theodore

PLEASE Marvel do us a favor and kill off the Sentry... I hate him!

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BIackFlash
    @SUNMAN said:
    " wow! Why is there so much hate for Sentry? "
    He could have been an ok character

but now he sucks more than Triumph
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Everyone take notice that OhTru,BatDance,and BlackFlash are the same person.

Norbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Norbit

Hi.

I think Sentry is ok. His character is interesting because he has flaws unlike most superheros whose focus is always about their power rather than their human side. I think he is a superman clone but so are many others like Gladiator (who I think is awsome) and Hyperion and others so thats not a big deal? Many characters are like superman.  
    In concluding there must be lamer characters than Sentry. He is perhaps a bit too strong though and exaggerated but his costume is pretty cool.

Norbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Norbit

One thing i wanted to add. Is it just me or are marvel characters becoming more and more exagerated. I mean "power of million exploding suns" its like rediculous. They could of made it a hundred or a thousand but no they had to make it a million. Why stop there and not make it 100 000 000 exploding suns (or galaxies *cough*)?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Norbit said:
    " One thing i wanted to add. Is it just me or are marvel characters becoming more and more exagerated. I mean "power of million exploding suns" its like rediculous. They could of made it a hundred or a thousand but no they had to make it a million. Why stop there and not make it 100 000 000 exploding suns (or galaxies *cough*)? "
    It's just a phrase. It's not like he actually has the power of a million exploding suns.
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By OhTru
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @Norbit said:
    " One thing i wanted to add. Is it just me or are marvel characters becoming more and more exagerated. I mean "power of million exploding suns" its like rediculous. They could of made it a hundred or a thousand but no they had to make it a million. Why stop there and not make it 100 000 000 exploding suns (or galaxies *cough*)? "
    It's just a phrase. It's not like he actually has the power of a million exploding suns. "

TWO QUESTIONS for you

Do you think any Marvel brick can actually stop Sentry
    Some claim its now Wanda's time to step in and do it, others claim Thor might have  a chance but I've also seen other argue Thor has been wussified
    Can any Marvel Brick take him out?

Do you think we will eevr get a proper explanation to the back story behind, Bob, his Wife, his powers, his origin etc
    I know there are some memebrs on the vine who say the best thing to do now is forget the Bendis Sentry ever existed and only remember the one Jenkins wrote
    Hopefully we might get some long dialogue and a satisfying explantion to his powers in Siege #4 or will it just be left murky and the only thing now is to forget the character!?
    Can they wrap up an explanation in Siege part four with one issue to go?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @OhTru said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @Norbit said:
    It's just a phrase. It's not like he actually has the power of a million exploding suns. "
    TWO QUESTIONS for you   1  Do you think any Marvel brick can actually stop Sentry Some claim its now Wanda's time to step in and do it, others claim Thor might have  a chance but I've also seen other argue Thor has been wussified Can any Marvel Brick take him out?  2  Do you think we will eevr get a proper explanation to the back story behind, Bob, his Wife, his powers, his origin etc I know there are some memebrs on the vine who say the best thing to do now is forget the Bendis Sentry ever existed and only remember the one Jenkins wrote Hopefully we might get some long dialogue and a satisfying explantion to his powers in Siege #4 or will it just be left murky and the only thing now is to forget the character!? Can they wrap up an explanation in Siege part four with one issue to go? "
    Sentry's origin and the nature of his powers has ALREADY been partially explained there are just a few minor details missing.Marvel bricks have stopped and beaten the Sentry.The real question is can any of them stop the Void.As far as we know the Sentry is the only one who has beaten it..and that's only because Sentry's powers are the Void's weakness.
    Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Casket
    @bioghost said:
    "That not a real shocker.But a real shocker is how in the hell can you kill him?!! "
    Paul Jenkins breaks the 4th wall, uses a magic eraser...kills him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.