Keep him dead

• 63 results
#51 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know they actually did away with him...it's about time. I kept hearing he was a Superman on the H-train and from the character's actions I've read in several panels, yeah, he was a tad off his rocker. But if they're going to bring him back pleasure let it be worth it. We don't need ripping people and going all benihanna, again... >.>

#52 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid said:
" easily the worst comic character in the past 10 years "
THANK YOU!
#53 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
  Bendis ****ed it up.
#54 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

That would suck, but the problem is EVERY MARVEL CHARACTER HAS DIED(sarcasm).

#55 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @spiderbat87: Yeah, I want to read it. Who wrote that Supreme Power book you're so fond of? "
Like Jake said Straczynski wrote
Bring JMS back to Thor don't have him waste time on Sentry 

anyway I hear JoeQ and JMS fell out so the chances of both of them being at Marvel at the same time are somewhere between slim and none 

and I agree 'keep Sentry dead', it was interesting for a while but now the story's done, don't waste any more time on the Sentry
#56 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

if they can get rid of the void thing and keep sentry ,(one personality dying while the other lives is not unheard of) i'd like to see him again 
if one feels he is way too powerful , have him fight cosmic threats , have him replace gladiator or ronan on the annihilators (they are both royalty and both empires need their leaders since both have had their butts handed to them recently) thats how i view most of thor's exploits. they saw him too powerful and had him have adventures  in space ., and space / cosmic adventures just seem right . plus i'd like to see him fight  galactus or thanos , or anything else like that . you get a smart writer and you have sentry see the universe , maybe team up with any other cosmic hero for a arc or somthing . i personally don't like overly powerful chracters : thor ,hulk, surfer, nova ,etc. but  i know that as a last ditch effort they are needed (plus i know how to bring him back lol ) sentry+ space = done deal

#57 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@SoA said:
sentry+ space = done deal
The good thing about Sentry was that he was on the earth helping people. Flying from one point on the earth to a second one and simply saving them and preventing catastrophes.
It would be much harder for some people (for me atleast) to relate to him, because I don't see the meaning of a superhero with godlike powers who is doing good in the space and saving green martians.
I need such a hero on the earth and I'm probably not the only one.
While there are enough heroes on the earth, who are doing good and saving people, they're still not Sentry. They're not on his scale. Spider-Man can save people in New York, but when he wants to go to the cinema, Sentry is still hearing the death-screams of people all around the globe, and that's something really special.
#58 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru: valid argument , i personally do not like characters with that kinda power , but seeing him as a " god" for the people is not bad a concept (though i still like to see him in more of a cosmic limelight lol )
#59 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him to stay dead but if they don't do that he should be a villain.

#60 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
@SoA said:
sentry+ space = done deal
The good thing about Sentry was that he was on the earth helping people. Flying from one point on the earth to a second one and simply saving them and preventing catastrophes. It would be much harder for some people (for me atleast) to relate to him, because I don't see the meaning of a superhero with godlike powers who is doing good in the space and saving green martians. I need such a hero on the earth and I'm probably not the only one. While there are enough heroes on the earth, who are doing good and saving people, they're still not Sentry. They're not on his scale. Spider-Man can save people in New York, but when he wants to go to the cinema, Sentry is still hearing the death-screams of people all around the globe, and that's something really special.
I see characters in DC say that about Superman all the time.
#61 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

You know there was someone was really overpowered-Silver Age Superman.

So what did they do? They did kill Superman(with Doomsday) but he came back.

And now, Superman's strength,speed, and invulnerability(solar based powers) are so high that without kryptonite, magic, or any other high tier cosmic being around, Superman is pretty much unbeatable. Just because a character seems unbeatable doesn't make them lame. If that's so then the "Society of Supermen" which includes Wonder woman and Martian Manhunter should be killed.

#62 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Sentry back!!!!!!!!

#63 Posted by termiteone4ever (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Sentry . The powerful one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.