Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Is anyone better than The Sentry?

• 73 results
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Plain and Simple...Marvel needs to stop making Superman clones.They don't know how to manage them and they just f#ck them up.Sentry had potential.Bendis thought it was ok to overwrite everything that Paul Jenkins had set up for him.If you want to know how to build a character up and then completely f-them over..Bendis is your guy.Anyone you want thrown into comic limbo...to just completely disappear, all you have to do is give him a hint.Sentry isn't the only one either.There are characters that are worse of because Bendis got his hands on them.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By HellionVulcan

Newsun gambit ,x-man ,Thor

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Vance Astro said:
    "Plain and Simple...Marvel needs to stop making Superman clones.They don't know how to manage them and they just f#ck them up.Sentry had potential.Bendis thought it was ok to overwrite everything that Paul Jenkins had set up for him.If you want to know how to build a character up and then completely f-them over..Bendis is your guy.Anyone you want thrown into comic limbo...to just completely disappear, all you have to do is give him a hint.Sentry isn't the only one either.There are characters that are worse of because Bendis got his hands on them. "

LOL.SOOO true
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By brc2000

I really wish Bucky would leave the Avengers. I can't stand Bendis's handling of the character.

emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By emptytomb

the Beyonder is

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

alot of characters are better. Still i am one of the few fans that like the sentry, but much like superboy prime he suffers from bad writing so many people feel he is forced upon them. I like the guy i wish they would either make him back a hero or let me be a villain instead of switching him so much.

Hell wouldn't mind him starting a relationship with a badass female character like ms marvel, rogue, psylocke or even back to rogue

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#57 vance_astro  Moderator

@primebonnick said:

bump

alot of characters are better. Still i am one of the few fans that like the sentry, but much like superboy prime he suffers from bad writing so many people feel he is forced upon them. I like the guy i wish they would either make him back a hero or let me be a villain instead of switching him so much.

Hell wouldn't mind him starting a relationship with a badass female character like ms marvel, rogue, psylocke or even back to rogue

People didn't feel he was "forced upon them" specifically because of bad writing because if he was writing poorly and he didn't have much of a role then nobody would care but because Sentry was such a huge character for several years on top of the fact he was written so bad, people felt that way. I don't see him ever being a hero again. I don't really know how he can be with the current Horsemen of Apocalypse situation and also with what happened in Dark Reign & Siege. They didn't really switch the character around that much. He technically wasn't a villain until Norman started making him do evil stuff in Dark Reign. The stuff that happened before that was the Void, which he had no control over.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The sentry had potential I wanted to see where they would go with him when I first read about him in New Avengers but sadly the chracthers really never lived up to his potential. Even sentries funeral wasnt written well I mean where did the whole him sleeping with rogue come from? When did he even meet rogue. This is why I hope Hyperion doesn't become the next sentry.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By New_World_Order

The god of thunder and the god of war.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoom: Very well put, saved me a lot of writing. He was a forced character that didn't add anything to the diverse marvel universe.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor for starters. Man I love the Sentry, but I hope Thor whoops his ass. Than Miracle Man whoops it even more. Than maybe Hyperion can get a chance to, lol.

DareHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In terms of power: Thor, Superman, Hulk & Silver Surfer > Sentry.

In terms of character: Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Blade, Daredevil, Wolverine, Beast, Professor X, Cyclops, Captain America, Punisher, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Phoenix, Magneto, Green Goblin, Joker, Bane, Two-Face, Venom, Carnage, Riddler, Catwoman, etc. etc. (names a few hundred more characters) > Sentry.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think wonder woman better

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every one is better than sentry

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

awesentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e88911c305b5
    deactivated-5e88911c305b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Sentry is the greatest (in my opinion. Now please don't kill me)

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is better 700+ ISSUE of comics more loved one of the trinity of the Avengers more marketable.. yeah Thor's better

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnerd: your opinion while I respect it .........it makes no sense

Avatar image for deactivated-5e88911c305b5
    deactivated-5e88911c305b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest nothing ever makes sense

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of now? Yeah, a tons of characters are better characters compared to him.

Marvel should really find a permanent writer and consistent storyline for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.