Is anyone better than The Sentry?

• 64 results
#51 Posted by Vance Astro (91548 posts) - - Show Bio

Plain and Simple...Marvel needs to stop making Superman clones.They don't know how to manage them and they just f#ck them up.Sentry had potential.Bendis thought it was ok to overwrite everything that Paul Jenkins had set up for him.If you want to know how to build a character up and then completely f-them over..Bendis is your guy.Anyone you want thrown into comic limbo...to just completely disappear, all you have to do is give him a hint.Sentry isn't the only one either.There are characters that are worse of because Bendis got his hands on them.

#52 Posted by HellionVulcan (4014 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsun gambit ,x-man ,Thor

#53 Posted by daredevil21134 (12948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Plain and Simple...Marvel needs to stop making Superman clones.They don't know how to manage them and they just f#ck them up.Sentry had potential.Bendis thought it was ok to overwrite everything that Paul Jenkins had set up for him.If you want to know how to build a character up and then completely f-them over..Bendis is your guy.Anyone you want thrown into comic limbo...to just completely disappear, all you have to do is give him a hint.Sentry isn't the only one either.There are characters that are worse of because Bendis got his hands on them. "

LOL.SOOO true
#54 Posted by brc2000 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish Bucky would leave the Avengers. I can't stand Bendis's handling of the character.

#55 Posted by emptytomb (398 posts) - - Show Bio

the Beyonder is

#56 Posted by Primebonnick (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

alot of characters are better. Still i am one of the few fans that like the sentry, but much like superboy prime he suffers from bad writing so many people feel he is forced upon them. I like the guy i wish they would either make him back a hero or let me be a villain instead of switching him so much.

Hell wouldn't mind him starting a relationship with a badass female character like ms marvel, rogue, psylocke or even back to rogue

#57 Posted by Vance Astro (91548 posts) - - Show Bio

@primebonnick said:

bump

alot of characters are better. Still i am one of the few fans that like the sentry, but much like superboy prime he suffers from bad writing so many people feel he is forced upon them. I like the guy i wish they would either make him back a hero or let me be a villain instead of switching him so much.

Hell wouldn't mind him starting a relationship with a badass female character like ms marvel, rogue, psylocke or even back to rogue

People didn't feel he was "forced upon them" specifically because of bad writing because if he was writing poorly and he didn't have much of a role then nobody would care but because Sentry was such a huge character for several years on top of the fact he was written so bad, people felt that way. I don't see him ever being a hero again. I don't really know how he can be with the current Horsemen of Apocalypse situation and also with what happened in Dark Reign & Siege. They didn't really switch the character around that much. He technically wasn't a villain until Norman started making him do evil stuff in Dark Reign. The stuff that happened before that was the Void, which he had no control over.

#58 Posted by HumanRocket (9901 posts) - - Show Bio

The sentry had potential I wanted to see where they would go with him when I first read about him in New Avengers but sadly the chracthers really never lived up to his potential. Even sentries funeral wasnt written well I mean where did the whole him sleeping with rogue come from? When did he even meet rogue. This is why I hope Hyperion doesn't become the next sentry.

#59 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

The god of thunder and the god of war.

#61 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@zoom: Very well put, saved me a lot of writing. He was a forced character that didn't add anything to the diverse marvel universe.

#62 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for starters. Man I love the Sentry, but I hope Thor whoops his ass. Than Miracle Man whoops it even more. Than maybe Hyperion can get a chance to, lol.

#63 Posted by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of power: Thor, Superman, Hulk & Silver Surfer > Sentry.

In terms of character: Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Blade, Daredevil, Wolverine, Beast, Professor X, Cyclops, Captain America, Punisher, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Phoenix, Magneto, Green Goblin, Joker, Bane, Two-Face, Venom, Carnage, Riddler, Catwoman, etc. etc. (names a few hundred more characters) > Sentry.

#64 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8925 posts) - - Show Bio

I think wonder woman better

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.