Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

In a sense, is the Void more powerful than the Sentry?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seekquaze

I know the original miniseries portrayed them as more or less equal, but under Bendis at least would you say the Void was the more powerful of the two thanks to a more stable mental state?

Assuming for a moment the two are in potential equally as powerful as the other in every way under Bendis Bob was highly unstable. Some days he could not get out of bed or leave his house. During battle a minor thing could set him off and send him running. Whenever Bob tapped into too much power he either started to lose control or started to become the Void.

By contrast, the Void was only in control of his powers. He never seemed to be out of control of them the same way Sentry often was when reaching the higher levels of power. When the Void wanted to stop he stopped. Everything he did was something he wanted to do. Granted, he was evil so he would appear to be out of control or did not care if his unleashed powers hurt anyone, but he still came across as being in control.

So...was the Void in a sense more powerful than the Sentry or at least more effective at using those powers than Bob thanks to his mental stability?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wouldnt say more powerful, i'd say he was just the more dominant personality, bob used everything he had to keep it at bay.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@dh69 said:

I wouldnt say more powerful, i'd say he was just the more dominant personality, bob used everything he had to keep it at bay.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it during the Jenkins era they were two separate entities and juding by all of their fist fights Sentry was the more powerful one. Later on during the Bendis era, where Void was constantly taking over and enslaved the Sentry he was wielding more power. So you could say that Sentry is the more powerful one, if he is not in the typical Bendis-retard-mode.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with above

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually....there is the notion that the Sentry is a hard light construct projected by Robert Reynolds subconscious. The Void is the true, real version of Robert Reynolds. The Sentry is just an ultra powered projection of Robert's conscience, a super powered Jiminy Cricket, if you will.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.