Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Give the Sentry a Chance!

• 77 results
    Peyote13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Peyote13

i like The Sentry

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By methias

I love the Sentry because he is a character that has problems of his own, and isn't perfect. Which would be the reasons I hate, absolutely hate Superman.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Calvin
    @dreamcaster:  Sure everybody complains as Superman is waaaay more powerful than any Super should - and with some reason - Then THEY create Sentry who basically does nothing, has questionable morals, is week! manipulated by everybody, and he's the greatest thing!  

"Yes when I grow up I wanna be just as mess-up as Sentry!" "Being successful like Superman is lame!"  

Don't get me wrong I gave the man a change, but all I see is that Marvel did almost every single mistake DC did with Superman, and add a few more mistakes on their own. - Superman is too powerful to be fighting street level, Superman is too whiny, Superman has a bad haircut.... dudes wake up! Sentry is all and worse. There's nothing I ever felt for him other than pity. - And people talk about Spiderman....
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Stormultt
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "Sentry is cool. Personally, I think he should appear in an animated movie, cartoon, or live-action movie soon. "
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Dark Cell

Sentry is much more interesting than Superman
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iLLituracy

You can't even consider the Sentry a Superman rip, anymore. Really, what do they have in common? Being the most powerful being on their earth? Wearing a cape? The letter S? That's pretty much it. Everything else is completely different.

I'm on the fence with Sentry at all times. I didn't like him to begin with when Jenkins created him in the original stories and with his backstory always changing and his powers always fluxing it's hard to like the guy when he has so many different showings. But I don't not like him because of that, but because that's part of his character.

I don't think it's so much Bendis's fault as it is just--that this could very well be the direction Bendis wanted to take the Sentry in. Sentry is cool at times [I mostly liked him that first arc of New Avengers].

Honestly, he doesn't even seem to have the power of a million exploding suns...more so he seems to warp reality, but that's just me. I see him going the way of Wanda and winding up being a gigantic threat to the Avengers.

maxcarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By maxcarnage
    @dreamcaster:
    Agreed, besides, unlike super-man, sentry's crazy!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    " You can't even consider the Sentry a Superman rip, anymore. Really, what do they have in common? Being the most powerful being on their earth? Wearing a cape? The letter S? That's pretty much it. Everything else is completely different.  I'm on the fence with Sentry at all times. I didn't like him to begin with when Jenkins created him in the original stories and with his backstory always changing and his powers always fluxing it's hard to like the guy when he has so many different showings. But I don't not like him because of that, but because that's part of his character.  I don't think it's so much Bendis's fault as it is just--that this could very well be the direction Bendis wanted to take the Sentry in. Sentry is cool at times [I mostly liked him that first arc of New Avengers].  Honestly, he doesn't even seem to have the power of a million exploding suns...more so he seems to warp reality, but that's just me. I see him going the way of Wanda and winding up being a gigantic threat to the Avengers. "
    You forgot the fact Sentry and Superman both get their powers from the sun. 

@Slinger said:
    " Sentry had his chance to be cool in World War Hulk, but he (technically the writer) blew it. I'm done giving him chances. "
    Everybody can't write for Sentry.Apparently Greg Pak and Bendis are those people.Jeff Parker and Paul Jenkins do him justice though.
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Sentry bored me.  

I don't really care about him. He's had done nothing interesting, except being shot at the face by his girlfriend. 

Maybe he could wipe himself out of the reality and memory people once more ? 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Devil Tiger said:
    " Sentry bored me.  I don't really care about him. He's had done nothing interesting, except being shot at the face by his girlfriend.  Maybe he could wipe himself out of the reality and memory people once more ?  "
    What counts as interesting to you?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AtPhantom

Sentry needs a writer who doesn't write him like a damn fruitcake.  I constantly talk about how I liked him for the few pages in blue marvel, and it's true. He looked like had drive in there, not like he was into superhero business because someone told him to.

The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @The Devil Tiger said:
    " Sentry bored me.  I don't really care about him. He's had done nothing interesting, except being shot at the face by his girlfriend.  Maybe he could wipe himself out of the reality and memory people once more ?  "
    What counts as interesting to you? "

@Vance Astro:

Priceless... and funny ! 

I know I will sound rude, but this is the only moment I was interested for what was happening to sentry...
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Archetype

I like the Sentry however it isn't because of what he has done or his present character, I like his potential.If the right writer was allowed to take him over and for instance after Dark Reign let The Avengers get back together and let Bob join them having gotten rid of the void completely some how or maybe manifesting the void into a completely alternate character.Then we get the story of a real hero that has great potential.Heck let The Sentry end the Reign after having had enough of being used by other people he decides to end it and proves his worth.I just wish he would have a chance to develop his character post void and insanity.Having said that I haven't really read much of him especially any of his early stuff, any recommendations?

basically IDK but I want to like him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Devil Tiger said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @The Devil Tiger said:
    Priceless... and funny !  I know I will sound rude, but this is the only moment I was interested for what was happening to sentry... "
    Excuse me if i'm not amused.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By G'bandit

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Archetype said:
    " I like the Sentry however it isn't because of what he has done or his present character, I like his potential.If the right writer was allowed to take him over and for instance after Dark Reign let The Avengers get back together and let Bob join them having gotten rid of the void completely some how or maybe manifesting the void into a completely alternate character.Then we get the story of a real hero that has great potential.Heck let The Sentry end the Reign after having had enough of being used by other people he decides to end it and proves his worth.I just wish he would have a chance to develop his character post void and insanity.Having said that I haven't really read much of him especially any of his early stuff, any recommendations?  basically IDK but I want to like him. "
    Sentry's mini and Agents of Atlas is the best Sentry has been depicted.If you've never read the mini-series he only appears in Agents of Atlas for short periods so you really don't know of any instances where he's been written well.
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Archetype
    @Vance Astro: Ok thanks.I am sure he has the potential to be a good character though,I guess we'll see eventually.
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @The Devil Tiger said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @The Devil Tiger said:
    Priceless... and funny !  I know I will sound rude, but this is the only moment I was interested for what was happening to sentry... "
    Excuse me if i'm not amused. "

@Vance Astro:  

You're excused.  ;-)

Not all people have the same sick and sadistic sense of irony than me.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Devil Tiger said:
    @Vance Astro:  You're excused.  ;-) Not all people have the same sick and sadistic sense of irony than me. "
    I thought it was funny in "The Punisher kills the Marvel Universe" when the Punisher shot Cyclops in the face.I don't find this funny because this is another Bendis cop out so Sentry cannot be present during the event.
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @Vance Astro:
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @The Devil Tiger said:
    @Vance Astro:  You're excused.  ;-) Not all people have the same sick and sadistic sense of irony than me. "
    I thought it was funny in "The Punisher kills the Marvel Universe" when the Punisher shot Cyclops in the face.I don't find this funny because this is another Bendis cop out so Sentry cannot be present during the event. "

You're probably right on Bendis, but it's about time we know he's kinda like overrated. ( To say the least ! )

But, this what you get when a poorly managed character meet an overrated writer !  :-/ 
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " You can't even consider the Sentry a Superman rip, anymore. Really, what do they have in common? Being the most powerful being on their earth? Wearing a cape? The letter S? That's pretty much it. Everything else is completely different.  I'm on the fence with Sentry at all times. I didn't like him to begin with when Jenkins created him in the original stories and with his backstory always changing and his powers always fluxing it's hard to like the guy when he has so many different showings. But I don't not like him because of that, but because that's part of his character.  I don't think it's so much Bendis's fault as it is just--that this could very well be the direction Bendis wanted to take the Sentry in. Sentry is cool at times [I mostly liked him that first arc of New Avengers].  Honestly, he doesn't even seem to have the power of a million exploding suns...more so he seems to warp reality, but that's just me. I see him going the way of Wanda and winding up being a gigantic threat to the Avengers. "
    You forgot the fact Sentry and Superman both get their powers from the sun. 

@Slinger said:
    " Sentry had his chance to be cool in World War Hulk, but he (technically the writer) blew it. I'm done giving him chances. "
    Everybody can't write for Sentry.Apparently Greg Pak and Bendis are those people.Jeff Parker and Paul Jenkins do him justice though. "
    I've always been iffy about Sentry's powers coming from the sun. Was there anywhere that this was said explicitly? I know that he has some level of energy manipulation and that he can feed off of solar energy, but I always thought his powers came from his molecules being shifted a second ahead of the timeline at all times from the serum he took.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    I've always been iffy about Sentry's powers coming from the sun. Was there anywhere that this was said explicitly? I know that he has some level of energy manipulation and that he can feed off of solar energy, but I always thought his powers came from his molecules being shifted a second ahead of the timeline at all times from the serum he took. "
    1.His molecules did shift a second ahead of the timeline which gave him (quote) "Photosynthetic properties".I believe it's issue #3 or #2 of his mini series where he actually talks to the creator of the serum about how his powers work.I believe it also says this in both in handbook entries and in Stark's Civil War notes. 

2.His energy manipulation is voluntary.Absorbing sunlight on a daily basis is not.He can choose to absorb more if he wants but he has a daily intake level based on his mental stability. 

3.He can absorb pretty much any form of every accept anti-matter.Not just sunlight.
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By glforthewin

he needs to die. unless he didn't come back in dark avengers 10 in which case hooray!!!

negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By negamegas
    @The Devil Tiger:
    So..... is Sentry dead now?  lol. 

I myself like Sentry, at first it was because I was in sort of a Supermen of comics stage(which at times I'm sort am) and I started checking out his books and I really liked him. The only thing that makes him similar to Superman(My Favorite Comic Book Character out there) is some of his powers and kind of his appearance. Now Why kind? Well.... Besides having a Cape and a S..... and I guess the underwear and the boots. XD 

I don't really think he's all that weak strength wise because it's sort of  depends of the writers really, just like Superman. And Remember..... Zombie Sentry(with some help I guess) took down a Galactus..... yeah.

What I would like to see with him is more people work with him and write him properly, I haven't really read Dark Avengers and I don't like it how he's working for osborn but when that changes I hope they make it better. Because stories such as the second sentry limited series(need to read the first), World War Hulk, and Age of the Sentry were EXCELLENT stories involving the character and were written properly. F**K Wolverine, Give Sentry some love. :( 

Oh and a better Marvel Legends figure because that first one SUCKS.... because it just doesn't seem like him, I mean sure the beard varient does but the problem is he has gold hair not down and.... he doesn't have a beard for too long. HASBRO, PLEASE MAKE A MORE PROPER SENTRY!!! D:
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @negamegas said:
    " @The Devil Tiger: So..... is Sentry dead now?  lol.  I myself like Sentry, at first it was because I was in sort of a Supermen of comics stage(which at times I'm sort am) and I started checking out his books and I really liked him. The only thing that makes him similar to Superman(My Favorite Comic Book Character out there) is some of his powers and kind of his appearance. Now Why kind? Well.... Besides having a Cape and a S..... and I guess the underwear and the boots. XD   I don't really think he's all that weak strength wise because it's sort of  depends of the writers really, just like Superman. And Remember..... Zombie Sentry(with some help I guess) took down a Galactus..... yeah. What I would like to see with him is more people work with him and write him properly, I haven't really read Dark Avengers and I don't like it how he's working for osborn but when that changes I hope they make it better. Because stories such as the second sentry limited series(need to read the first), World War Hulk, and Age of the Sentry were EXCELLENT stories involving the character and were written properly. F**K Wolverine, Give Sentry some love. :(  Oh and a better Marvel Legends figure because that first one SUCKS.... because it just doesn't seem like him, I mean sure the beard varient does but the problem is he has gold hair not down and.... he doesn't have a beard for too long. HASBRO, PLEASE MAKE A MORE PROPER SENTRY!!! D: "
    Sentry isn't dead....
    negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By negamegas
    @Vance Astro:
    Lol really? 
    Wow.... Surviving his face being blown off. XD
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By OhTru
    @Korg said:
    " It's been 9 years. I've given him plenty of chances. He's still a terrible character. "
    Sentry is the God of Tentacle PornGore

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.