Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Brutally Honest: The One Where Sentry Gets Mad

• 63 results
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By sora_thekey

I think her death is justified because bendis showed Sentry's crazy ways before showing a reason to it... 

For example if we would've read DA #15 before Siege #2, the scene where Sentry goes crazy on _____ would've just made the readers go: "Ohhhh because of Lindy" 
    Here it's the other way around, we see DA #15 and say: "So that's why Sentry did that on Siege #2" but when we were reading Siege #2 tthe reaction was: "What the -- !" 

I guess it was justified and it done correctly since the it provoked emotion!
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Voidheart said:

" @Illuminarch: i loled   it's not like everyone can simply release oneself or even have the time too. Bullseye is no brat to be meddled with. If he chokes someone, he does it hard, and if her instinct was to try and release his grasp, than it was the wrong one. Yet, possible. Don't any room for argumentation here for any kind. "

Strong women fight anyway. You watch those crime scene shows, and see how many times they find flesh under the nails from when they fought back. Most of them, thats how many.
     it takes a while to be choked out, no matter how hard the grip. Your awake for at least 7 to 12 loooong seconds, and if their only cutting air and not blood flow, it takes even longer. Thats plenty of time to employ the basic "kick, punch, and claw" methods, especially when we know she was already on edge from the slap she gave him. Its not like he jumped her unaware. She knew this was coming, and marvel decided that she was just gonna be a good little victim and take it to death. its not like Bullseye was some "superhero" where any attempt would be futile. He was a guy, and she new it. And she knew he would kill her. And still she did nothing.  
     Marvel's view on women.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By warlock360

It hasnt always been like that, and c'mon, not even every dude would of done it. Maybe she even welcomed it after all Sentry has put her through.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

its realistic.  and its not like she was superpowered or anything/ 

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Voidheart: 
    I'm with you on this one. i just read back over the entire scene. first off, Bullseye has enhanced strength
    from cybernetic implants. Lindy does not actually know he's Bullseye. This is trusted Hawkeye. Why is he saying these things? Most untrained persons, being male or female, react in shock when in this situation, in their mind reeling in horror trying not to believe what is happening to be true. Lindy does start to fight back anyways, in fact its right in the scan that was put up. Bullseye puts pressure on her 
    arteries cutting off the blood flow to her brain. when this happens in real life, one goes numb almost immediatly and loses the strength they have (and again, against Bullseyes enhanced strenght no normal human would have a chance). this is the effect if a person has ever tried a trick with their friends called " wall sliding ", except in this case much faster. most normal victims in real life dont put up a struggle, and die before realizing its to late. in comics for that matter most civilians die the same way, usually the character utters a " What are you...? " before they go. If this we're Ms.Marvel, or even a character trained to immediatly asses a situation and know what to do, like Maria Hill this might be unusual, but not a normal weak firghtend and unaware human against an upgraded killer who spends his life practicing the kill shot over and over. in her final moment, Elektra herself went just as fast, and had no stenght nor leverage to come back with.

but i digress to the whole Sentry can bring her back to life query either way.
    in fact one wonders of Lindy is really even real at all?
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By warlock360

I'd "thumbs up" your post if i could LOL

with that being said

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Blindside002

Man, I don't know what it is, but I just always want a superhero to kill bullseye. I've never even wanted Joker dead, or any other villian dead as badly as him. I want Clint Barton or someother hero to just pop his head off like a cherry after he gets a taste of everything he has done to others. I've never had a problem with villians killing inocence because thats what they do, but he always strikes a cord with me.
    BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BIackFlash
    @rouju said:
    " That's how a badguy should do dude, being a jerk an and @$$hole "
    Bullseye that's really one DarkAvenger I don't want to see hanging around after the Siege
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NXH

I havent read this issue yet. But what you're saying about some sences cring worthy dosn't surprise me the slgihtly. Bendis' writing is a double edge sword.  
    Most of dark avengers has been stellar writting from the man, while as something like ultimate spider-man, i sometimes cannot read because of the cringing dialoge. *shudder*

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Postacrat

From what I've gathered, it seems to me the writers have to find a way to make Sentry work.  The reasoning behind everything he does is more confusing then wolverines past, so they need to push the envelope to help us make some kind of sense of it.  I want to like the Sentry, I just feel like they give him all of this power with no real purpose and then give us a lack-luster reason for it.  People say Superman is overpowered and pointless, I disagree because superman has a purpose.  He defends an entire planet nearly by himself.  People take the things he deals with for granted because I'll admit they can be pretty lame, but on the flip side he can stop or atleast slow down almost any natural disaster.  I bet there are a few people in Hade and New Orleans that wished he really existed. Doing things like stopping forces of nature is not a small thing, there is no "overpower" for that Superman has a purpose.  My point is the Sentry is a broken character and I can't understand a thing about him so I can't say the death of his wife touched me much, bullseye did it and that's kinda common.  I would care more if Loise Lane Died because she's an investment, I could see superman going into a rage because plot device or no you can still get his character.  Now perhaps they can salvage Sentry by either ascending him to a plane beyound mortal interests, or make him gain a mind of his own and seek retribution against those who would manipulate him if that doesn't sound too much like Logan in Origins.  Lastly...actually Sentry is really nothing like superman, he doesn't even protect in the same manner or have his kind of will confidence and sense of honor.  In my opinion he would have more of a purpose if he acted a little more like Supes.....There...I said it...
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By warlock360
    Here's something that might change your view
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By Caligula

i think it was a brilliant move, not that i agree with bullseye, but i think it establish's him as one of those truly dark villains, that you know will go the extra mile, to be just pure evil. it's good character development, no matter how tasteless it seems. it works in making the reader hate him. which is what you are supposed to feel.
    joshuacarpino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By joshuacarpino

i can't say i have any pity for the lindy reynolds character. as written in the jenkins/romita jr. sentry mini series she was a real bitch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.