Follow

Selene

Character » Selene appears in 8 issues.

Turned into a vampire by the elder known as Viktor, Selene took on the role of a Death Dealer. However, things would change once she met a human known as Michael Corvin.

Are You Ready For Underworld 4 In 3-D?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    It looks like we're getting more Underworld action (possibly) on January 21, 2011.  Shock Till You Drop reported that the next sequel will be shot in 3-D.

There are a few a couple questions that now result from this announcement.  First of all, do you want to see another Underworld movie?  I'm so far behind, I still haven't seen the second one.

Second, do you think this movie would be good in 3-D?  It seems people either like the 3-D technology or they say it gives them a headache.

The third question is which set of cast will it include?  Will we see Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman from the current time or will the movie focus more on Michael Sheen, Rhona Mitra and Bill Nighy?  Which set would you rather see?  Both?

What are your thoughts on this?
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1  Edited By Dreadmaster

SWEET!!!!! I personally loved Martin Sheen in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and i would like to see what happened in that war in which everybody thought Lucian was killed by Kraven, i would like to see a story like that. And then we can move with some other story's. I also wouldn't mind it being in 3-D.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nahero

technically the movie would be called underworld 3 cuz the last movie was a prequil

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

as long as it has beckinale and speedman in it iam in since the modern timeline i prefer lycan was ok but the weakest of the 3 so far by some margain

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Finally, I can see the mediocrity in all three dimensions!

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By The Hunter

Honestly, I'd like to see something that would bridge Underworld and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.  It would be interesting to see what exactly transpired from the time when Lucian rose to power and the current times.  So far some significant events take place during the medieval era, World War I and some other times.  I'm not even going to deny it - I'm a huge fan of Lucian, so personally I'd like to see a movie with him in it.

Basically, he has been involved in:

• The liberation / civilization / rise of the lycans (duh).
    • Conspiring with Tanos.
    • Conspiring with Kraven.
    • Being in league with Alexander Corvinus.
    • And many more things....
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MrCipher

I loved the 1st 2 movies. They were well written and developed their own mythology. I have played Vampire The Maquerade so I saw a lot of inspiration come from that game in the movies. I do think that Viktor was portrayed more realistically and with a more balanced hand in the first movie. By the 2nd he had fallen into pure despotism and by number 3 he was just a jerk. There was depth in his character in the first movie that was lost by number 3 and he became 2 dimensional. The same could be said of Marcus but in an even smaller span (from the beginning of the film as a man (vampire) concerned for his brother to becoming a rapacious monster throughout the rest of the movie) 
    I think the 3rd movie never needed to be made. It did nothing to further any of the storyline. We saw all we needed to see about Lycan/Vampire love in the first movie. The 3rd was about eye candy and selling out on a franchise that has become popular - nothing more. 

If they make a 4th installment, it should focus on what becomes of Scott Speedman's and Kate Beckinsale's characters. How has their world changed? What are they now? Are they going to take on both the Vampires and Lycans alone? 

If it surrounds Lucian and what happens to him, I will not watch it. and hour and a half of guerrilla raids on Vampie strongholds doesn't sound appealing. 

Also, the 1st movie basically described the battle that supposedly killed Lucian, and Kraven's betrayal, theres no need to get the minutiae of the encounter.
    DarkCanuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkCanuck
    @Alexander Anderson said:
    " Finally, I can see the mediocrity in all three dimensions! "
    HA! I really enjoyed the first 2 movies (have yet to see Rise of the Lycans) but this was really funny. Kudos AA.
    WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WonderBoy1132

SWEEET! CANNOT WAIT!

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Hottness

NO MORE 3-D! really like only 4 things in the whole movie actually are 3D, the rest just looks likes a bit like HD. But have to wear those stupid cardboard glassed gets annoying after an hour and a half. and bothers my ears
    Peterobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Peterobe

First two were very cool. still haven't seen ROTL. as for 3D - i'm not convinced, although as always I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt until viewing.
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vicsrealms

Hopefully, they will have a non-3D version for those of us who don't want to spend the extra $2.95 for a headache.

I agree, there are a lot of holes in between RotL and the first movie that I would love to see filled.  They would answer a lot of questions as well.  Of course, they could also easily fill those with good novels as well.  Still, anything that leads up to the first one and anything that continues this particular story has my complete attention.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

yes make another one 

no not in 3-d (leave 3d to the cartoons for now) 

both casts as long as kate beckinsale is the main character
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jefprice

Kate just said she would like to do another one, so I bet we'll see her here. 

I love these movies, and I hate vamp films. But these aare great

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondasch

I'm not keen on 3 D for Underworld.  I enjoyed the first two films very much but felt let down with the 3rd movie.  What will define it for me is if Beckinsale is back in it and/or if the movie focuses on her character and Speedman's if not Speedman's.  Will we see a child come out of the union of Beckinsale and Speedman's character?  Now that would be cool

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joe Venom

I've seen "UP" in 3-D and I was not impressed, the trailers had more 3-D events then the actual movie I felt robbed if it wasn't for movie itself being awesome I would have demand to have my money back. Halfway through the movie I decide to try to enjoy the movie without the glasses and that did not work out too well, not to mention that I wear glasses so I have to put the 3-D pair on over my glass and it is not very comfortable. I took my 3-D glasses home with me and developed a clip on version of them in case a 3-D movie does come out that is worth seeing. 

As for "Underworld 4" I hope it is not in 3-D, It's the 4th movie so it most likely  won't be that great a movie, so I do not look forward to paying extra bucks for a "polished turd".

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightFang3

SWEET!!!!!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ARMIV

...In 3-D?
    ...Well,it is Underworld,so I'd still see it.

Blushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blushadow

i hope they have some theaters that don't have the 3-d ones because i can't see the 3-d movies because of my eyes :(
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Vindellavon

I'd like Kate back.
    csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By csimon

i like them all 1st one amazing in my book but this one needs to have   Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman in it most of all Kate she is what makes the movie  so bad @$$ but the 3-D thing idk so What no big deal if you ask me but kate needs to be in it

Stryke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stryke

I would like another Underworld...but I wouldn't want it in 3-D

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Korg

I'd watch Underworld 4. 3-D would be a bit much though, and I don't think the pallet of the movies is suited to the technology at all.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By FoxxFireArt

3D is kind of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I think when they make these kinds of movies. They spend so much time on effects and less on the story.
    I do want to see Kate Beckinsale back again. It didn't make sense to have her in the previous movie. That was the prequel, and it was nice to see how the war started.

Twiglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Twiglight

3d....Oh dear
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DH69

i'd much rather see more of the prequal stuff than the current time line, they still have some room to fill in with kraven and lucien making their deal
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gerald2

I for one am a little tired of the Underworld franchise. I stopped after 2, I should have stopped after 1..

The Were-vamp scenes leave something to be desired. All that screaming and bone crunching just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the transitions they make from human to werewolf, it just looks like an awkward video game.

But that's just me..

vitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vitto

I'd like to see the next adventure of kate and scott. How far Half Lycan Vampire can grow stronger? Vamp-Lycan world should be wide and complex. Everything can be happen like maybe there are a Lycan that can turn bigger & stronger cause of the DNA mutation or there are the eldest vamp that coming from 5000 years ago or whatever. Since this is just a movie, you can make everything that you want.
    YONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By YONY

lame, i think im the only one that didnt like the underworld movies

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Luthorcrow

The first was a surprise, fun and worth seeing.  Two made me glade I was watching it via a Netflicks DVD and not actually paying for it.  Aside from the Highlander sequels I don't think I have seen a series take such an immediate plunge down.  It's down for the count please don't give it CPR.

As for 3-D, leave it in the 50s.  Until they have a realistic hologram I am just not interested.

But please don't bring Kate back.  As an actress she really needs to not have her career wrecked.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Media_Master

Haven't seen any of the films, I'll take a guess and say the first was good and it went down hill from there.Pr

X711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By X711

I would love to see an Underworld 4 movie Period... If I had to say anything about a 4th, is that Id like to see Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman and see what happens after the new beginnings in the end of the 2nd movie... That be Awesome to see what happens after... :)
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I'd love to see another one.
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phorqe

Pros of a new Underworld movie: Kate Beckinsale in skin tight leather.
    Cons: a new underworld movie.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By grimreaper1980

sure

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 614azrael

3d can pass on but U4 :D im totaly in

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.