whoah I knew slene was powerful but damn.

#1 Posted by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

In dr doom and the masters of evil she fought dr doom and magneto by herself and won.  Which makes sense because they are human while she is an ancient.  She is such a great character.

#2 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her Look, and that's about where it ends.

#3 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i love selene and i knew she was that powerful, able to take down rachel summers with the phoenix and take out the new mutants and x-force with one blast

#4 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
grkpektis said:
"In dr doom and the masters of evil she fought dr doom and magneto by herself and won.  Which makes sense because they are human while she is an ancient.  She is such a great character."

wow,when she did that?
#5 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
Matezoide said:
"grkpektis said:
"In dr doom and the masters of evil she fought dr doom and magneto by herself and won.  Which makes sense because they are human while she is an ancient.  She is such a great character."
wow,when she did that?"
She took out Rachel when her [Rachel] and Emma were doing something in the HFC. She took out the New Mutants [Just Magma and Moonstar] back in like issue 6 or so, before Magma officially joined the ream.
#6 Posted by Dark Abyss (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene is so underrated. She could possibly be the most powerful character in Marvel Universe IMO. 

#7 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark Abyss said:
"Selene is so underrated. She could possibly be the most powerful character in Marvel Universe IMO. "

That's a bold statement.
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Pulsar said:
"Dark Abyss said:
"Selene is so underrated. She could possibly be the most powerful character in Marvel Universe IMO. "
That's a bold statement. "
It's a ridiculous statement.
#9 Edited by Dark Abyss (50 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Pulsar said:
"Dark Abyss said:
It's a ridiculous statement."

Key Word: "Could be"

Maybe I should've elaborated on it more. Selene no doubt has lot of potential to be a threat but somehow the writers always manage to make her look weak.  And also, maybe she probably might not fair well against guys like Galactus or other cosmic (forces), but she CAN possibly hold her own against mutants and other marvel super heroes. I bet she can single handedly take out the X-men with the powers that she has, but again she'll be nothing more than just a doormat.     
#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark Abyss said:
"John Valentine said:
"Pulsar said:
"Dark Abyss said:
Key Word: "Could be"Maybe I should've elaborated on it more. Selene no doubt has lot of potential to be a threat but somehow the writers always manage to make her look weak.  And also, maybe she probably might not fair well against guys like Galactus or other cosmic (forces), but she CAN possibly hold her own against mutants and other marvel super heroes. I bet she can single handedly take out the X-men with the powers that she has, but again she'll be nothing more than just a doormat.     "
Elixir.
Iceman.
Cannonball.
Psylocke.
Emma Frost.
Jean Grey.
Rachel Grey.
Havok.
Vulcan.
Polaris.
Storm.
Chamber.

Could defeat her.
#11 Edited by Dark Abyss (50 posts) - - Show Bio

and...

seriously, you can type out an entire list on "who can defeat Selene" because She's can be defeated by just about any shmuk the writers see fit to degrade her in any way possible. I just want to know is why on earth is Selene with her god like powers made to look like a weakling? I mean she has telepathy, she has telekenisis, she can control fire and animate/reanimate objects, and she possibly has vast knowledge in magic and the dark arts and yet she's seen as a joke..and not to mention the fact that she's IMMORTAL. 

So Therefore I have come to a SIMPLE conclusion that it's just that writers don't exactly know what to do with her...or even have the slightest idea on how to use her, which is a shame really. All they are doing is just demeaning her powers when she can  possibly enslave the entire human race.

#12 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio

fanboy harder.

#13 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that Selene is a powerful character and far more superior than her counterpart in the Inner Circle. She can wipe out a lot of X-Men team if she wanted too but of course I do not believe that she can defeat them without hurting herself.

Elixir.
Iceman.
Cannonball.
Psylocke.
Emma Frost.
Jean Grey.
Rachel Grey.
Havok.
Vulcan.
Polaris.
Storm.
Chamber.

Could defeat her.

as for this list... I do not believe the following mutants can defeat her single handedly

EMMA FROST... I see her the first one to go in this list if it will be one on one even with her diamond form, Selene can manipulate her environment plus magic to destroy her.

Psylocke...As much I love Psylocke, I do not see her winning over the Black Queen Selene. Selene's power is not limited to psychic attacks. But knowing Psylocke, she wouldn't mind giving Selene a run for her life.

#14 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

elixir couldn't

#15 Posted by G-w-D (543 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"elixir couldn't"

He could but he like Selene suffers from bad writing
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"Elixir.Iceman.Cannonball.Psylocke.Emma Frost.Jean Grey.Rachel Grey.Havok.Vulcan.Polaris.Storm.Chamber.Could defeat her. "
Selene can drain you of your life force last time I checked, so how is it that she couldn't defeat these individuals?

I'm not saying they couldn't defeat her, but she could defeat them too...it works both ways
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The vampiric thing is just to keep her looking pretty through the centuries.  Every time she uses her mutant power (to bring inanimate objects to life) it drains her, leaving her looking like an old woman.  When she was first introduced she was promising to teach the same life-force draining technique to Dani Moonstar (although it was never really explained why Selene took such a special interest in Dani). 

But even so, when she thought she had killed Magma by draining her life-force... she hadn't.  Both Selene & Dani thought that Magma was dead, but she sprung up the next issue still covered in lava.  On top of that, the New Mutants were still very inexperienced when they faced Selene... if a bunch of kids could take her down, then most of the Marvel U can. 

But yeah, she has 'potential'.  You might even see it in the current X-Force story like that Kyle & Yost are building up to.

#18 Edited by artemis (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but Selene would wipe the floor with cannonball and probably Havok too..

#19 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio
Elixir- how can he defeat her if he cant touch her, she has tk and can move the ground and fly and magic, dnt think she would let him get close to her.
Iceman- maybe it depends on the magic she knows which is a great deal
Cannonball- no she can easily deflect him with tk
Psylocke- maybe
Emma Frost- ummmm, yea selene beat her before
Jean Grey- she can beat selene een though its hard for me to say
Rachel Grey- same as emma selene HAS beat her before, people read comcis BEFORE u post things about comics
Havok- no 
Vulcan.- yes maybe but she is very powerful in magic so it depends but im sue the writers wil have her defeated
Polaris- no
Storm- depends on selene powers
Chamber- no

and she did defeat the whole X-Force not just two people she blasted them when they were coming for her knocking them all out

#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox_kitty said:
The vampiric thing is just to keep her looking pretty through the centuries.  Every time she uses her mutant power ... [more]
if it doesn't actually steal your life force how did she kill all the Externals?
#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The same way she killed people in Nova Roma.  It was never really clear what it was, but it appeared to be some sort of black magic.  She steals the life force of others, and uses it to keep her eternal youth.

Saying that, she thought she'd killed Magma doing just that, but Magma survived.  She'd only just developed her mutant powers, and managed to survive... so how on Earth Selene managed to kill other stronger & more experienced Externals... I dunno... bad writing?  Lack of research?  Or she actually became more powerful over the years?

#22 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she grew more powerful over the years.... If i am right it just she and Apocalypse who remain as the Externals. Canonball is still questionable.

#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Selene who cast doubt over whether Cannonball was an External or not.  When X-Force appeared during her External cull in Time  Square, Meltdown shouted something about how she'd be going after Cannonball too, but Selene denied that he was ever an External.

However, Saul, Solomon & the others accepted him.  Selene's hardly a reliable source of information.  Although the way that issue of X-Force was handled, it did feel like an editorial/writing decision had been made to try and retcon the existence of the Externals.

#24 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"It was Selene who cast doubt over whether Cannonball was an External or not.  When X-Force appeared during her External cull in Time  Square, Meltdown shouted something about how she'd be going after Cannonball too, but Selene denied that he was ever an External.However, Saul, Solomon & the others accepted him.  Selene's hardly a reliable source of information.  Although the way that issue of X-Force was handled, it did feel like an editorial/writing decision had been made to try and retcon the existence of the Externals. "
They just decided to nix the "immortal hylander like mutants" concept so bad writing and some imagination is the reason for all that....
#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught: They haven't gone all out to retcon it, but they did kill off a lot of the Externals.  For a breed of rare immortal mutants, they were a bit too common.  Zeb Wells has said he wont be addressing Cannonball's immortality.
#26 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record Rachel was beaten by Selene but Rachel also defeated and nearly killed Selene if not Wolverine's claw puncturing's Rachel's chest to stop her for being a killer that is why Rachel vanished from comics for awhile and came back in the first issue of Excalibur.

In short the two  are of the same calibre, it is just a matter who goes first and have the advantage.

#27 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her powers but I don`t really like the character itself .

#28 Posted by HellionVulcan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" Dark Abyss said:
"John Valentine said:
"Pulsar said:
"Dark Abyss said:
Key Word: "Could be"Maybe I should've elaborated on it more. Selene no doubt has lot of potential to be a threat but somehow the writers always manage to make her look weak.  And also, maybe she probably might not fair well against guys like Galactus or other cosmic (forces), but she CAN possibly hold her own against mutants and other marvel super heroes. I bet she can single handedly take out the X-men with the powers that she has, but again she'll be nothing more than just a doormat.     "
Elixir.Iceman.Cannonball.Psylocke.Emma Frost.Jean Grey.Rachel Grey.Havok.Vulcan.Polaris.Storm.Chamber.Could defeat her. "
Most u listed would/should be defeated by her as she has magic which is above most u listed besides Vulcan who can manipulate it & iceman who can turn into mist & own her internally .
#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: You can report that in Table format.  By posting dozens & dozens of LARGE-sized panels under each other, you've created a massive pic-spam post.  It was ridiculously large that I've had to delete the post.
#30 Edited by Edamame (28378 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @Edamame: You can report that in Table format.  By posting dozens & dozens of LARGE-sized panels under each other, you've created a massive pic-spam post.  It was ridiculously large that I've had to delete the post. "

Is this stated under the Comicvine rules? If so, then I will be more cautious next time. My mistake.
#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @xerox-kitty said:

" @Edamame: You can report that in Table format.  By posting dozens & dozens of LARGE-sized panels under each other, you've created a massive pic-spam post.  It was ridiculously large that I've had to delete the post. "

Is this stated under the Comicvine rules? If so, then I will be more cautious next time. My mistake. "
It's called "common sense".  Be considerate to other users.
#32 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

she's more  powerful than a regular mutant though 
she godly
#33 Edited by Edamame (28378 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @Edamame said:

" @xerox-kitty said:

Is this stated under the Comicvine rules? If so, then I will be more cautious next time. My mistake. "
It's called "common sense".  Be considerate to other users. "
As you wish.  ; D
#34 Posted by kiss_lamia (1231 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" The same way she killed people in Nova Roma.  It was never really clear what it was, but it appeared to be some sort of black magic.  She steals the life force of others, and uses it to keep her eternal youth.Saying that, she thought she'd killed Magma doing just that, but Magma survived.  She'd only just developed her mutant powers, and managed to survive... so how on Earth Selene managed to kill other stronger & more experienced Externals... I dunno... bad writing?  Lack of research?  Or she actually became more powerful over the years? "
The only reason Magma survived is when she fell into the volcano its revitalised her life energy because when in magma she is stronger she basically fed on the volcano to survive otherwise she would have been dead. Plus selene never fed on magma she fed on the girl before her. Oh and as for her interest in Moonstar its basically the same reason Hela was intrested in her to gather the souls of the dead but instead of being for Hela they would have been for Selene so that way the goddess transformation would have started earlier instead of necrosha.
#35 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@grkpektis said:

In dr doom and the masters of evil she fought dr doom and magneto by herself and won. Which makes sense because they are human while she is an ancient. She is such a great character.

Selene is Such a Boss!

Totally underrated!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.