Soooo....Is Selene dead?

#1 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she still alive, I really hope so b/c I thought they were going have her more into stories. Before Necrosha I heard the writer wanted to bring Selene out like they other writers did with Emma.

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Selene ain't no hero LOL and neither does she have any sort of noble cause.

#3 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

She is dead for now. They wanted to make a group like Emma had as the White Queen. Her Inner Circle group. 

#4 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89: OOOO, i get it, i thought they were gonna make her have more appearances after necrosha, i was very happy :-(
#5 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene is immortal, like Apocalypse. 

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" She is dead for now. They wanted to make a group like Emma had as the White Queen. Her Inner Circle group.  "
What? Selene was the Black Queen
#7 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll believe she is dead when I see it. Especially if they are re-making Hellfire Club. She definitely lost her god-hood. Maybe she is just a husk that needs to be fed energy?

#8 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:  I know that. Just informing the OP about it. But she is dead for all purposes at the current moment. Maybe she will come back to life but they would have to strip her of her god status she achieved. Or make her a bigger threat. Would love to see a showdown between her and Voodoo.
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Speedy92286 said:
" Eh, I'll believe she is dead when I see it. Especially if they are re-making Hellfire Club. She definitely lost her god-hood. Maybe she is just a husk that needs to be fed energy? "
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too.  It's doubtful that she's dead, but they stopped her from becoming a god. She'll be back with something just as evil... but thankfully without Wither or Eli Bard.
#10 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:

" @pixelized:  I know that. Just informing the OP about it. But she is dead for all purposes at the current moment. Maybe she will come back to life but they would have to strip her of her god status she achieved. Or make her a bigger threat. Would love to see a showdown between her and Voodoo. "

But Emma and Selene were each others inner circles. 

But all of that, along with Necrosha, is over anyway, so who knows.
#11 Posted by TheDarkHeart (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn’t Selene disincorporated once on a molecular level and she reformed herself? I’m not sure how a Native American Spirit Dance and a knife carved from human bone compare to that, but I wouldn’t count her out. I only hope she returns soon.  

#12 Posted by Matt1982 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping that she gained her god hood, but wasn't confident in it.  She may have "died", but in actuality she just couldn't control her persona in the universe.  I expect to see her back.  Hopefully sooner than later.

#13 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matt1982: Maybe in "Curse of the Mutants"?
#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody really dies in comics.

#15 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Carnage. LOL
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
He is dead for now. Who knows what might happen in the future?
#17 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene can't be dead! - she'll cme back, she always comes back.

#18 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" Selene can't be dead! - she'll cme back, she always comes back. "
With the New Mutants, I believe.
#19 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope not coz it was awesome when she goddess upped! lol and then so anticlimactic stabbed the end how disappointing! she needs to come back and kick there asses to the curb mmhmmmm lol

#20 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:
" i hope not coz it was awesome when she goddess upped! lol and then so anticlimactic stabbed the end how disappointing! she needs to come back and kick there asses to the curb mmhmmmm lol "
Yes. It was pathetic how X-Force managed to defeat her so quickly.  The comic book writers were simply trying to end the Necrosha storyline quickly. They were more concerned with the upcoming Second Coming story arc. LOL
#21 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

" @kiss_lamia said:

" i hope not coz it was awesome when she goddess upped! lol and then so anticlimactic stabbed the end how disappointing! she needs to come back and kick there asses to the curb mmhmmmm lol "
Yes. It was pathetic how X-Force managed to defeat her so quickly.  The comic book writers were simply trying to end the Necrosha storyline quickly. They were more concerned with the upcoming Second Coming story arc. LOL "
here's to her kicking there asses lol
#22 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
Yes. It was pathetic how X-Force managed to defeat her so quickly.  The comic book writers were simply trying to end the Necrosha storyline quickly. They were more concerned with the upcoming Second Coming story arc. LOL "
Well, they had the requisite Death of the Arc out of the way and enough material for the trade paperback, so who needs a decent resolution?
#23 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:
" @Edamame said:
here's to her kicking there asses lol "
Indubitably.

@ForbushBug said:
Well, they had the requisite Death of the Arc out of the way and enough material for the trade paperback, so who needs a decent resolution? "

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
#24 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

" @kiss_lamia said:

" @Edamame said:
here's to her kicking there asses lol "

Indubitably. 

mhhhmmmmmmm can't wait shes most likey in the shadow realm she uses when she teleports.

@ForbushBug

said:

Well, they had the requisite Death of the Arc out of the way and enough material for the trade paperback, so who needs a decent resolution? "

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. "
they are trying to say that there was enough material to make the paperback and hardback book there selling now of necrosha. but i still think it was way too rushed it was ended way to quicky and you can tell when you read it.
#25 Posted by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
Necrosha was definitely rushed.
#26 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"Selene is immortal, like Apocalypse.  "
#27 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
I agree. They just wanted to end it. I hope she'll return.
#28 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:

" @Edamame said:

"Selene is immortal, like Apocalypse.  "
"
Yes I think she is. But when will she return?
#29 Posted by jakeeboi (839 posts) - - Show Bio

I still dont support the decision to kill her off tbh.

#30 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

For the immediate future 

#31 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hope they dnt take their sweet time in bringing her back. I know she is a villain and just going to make appearances    but I will be much happier knowing she is alive and just out in the world

#32 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Necrosha was a little to like Blackest Night, dead characters coming back under the control of a dark force, the dead characters also regenerating when injured.

#33 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

i've recently started reading up on her character, and yes i totally agree, she'll be back. i keep remembering something Mr. M    said, "Some things do not die...THEY EVOLVE!"  .

maybe when she comes back she'll be something greater. got my fingers crossed, evil all the way <3.

#34 Posted by poisonfleur (3031 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene is the best X-villian (from the ladies) imo.

#35 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Yay about time you came into here lool :P yes and your right she is one the most awesome lady villains out there :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.