Follow

Selene

Character » Selene appears in 732 issues.

Selene is the oldest living mutant, born 17,000 years ago. She is a notable villain of the X-Men, often opposing them in her position as the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Her ultimate goal is to become a goddess through the life absorption of other mutants.

Long life!?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

#1  Edited By AssertingValor

What mutant ability has earned her this long life?  
    is it her vamperic nature somehow?

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

yes
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Yuppers. If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "

That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth).
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    "If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "
    That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
    and Madelyne Pryor too in the X-man comics :)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
    Wasn't it more like a curse? ;) 
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    Wasn't it more like a curse? ;)  "
    For Eli Bard it was she cursed him to live forever without her! but for  maddy it was more of gift :) and dani if was an offer :) i think she tried to get rachel to be her heir too but that never ended well! lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc.
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot!
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @kiss_lamia said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
    The later one is the one that I was referring to.  

And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @kiss_lamia said:

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
    The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
    i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol!
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_
    @kiss_lamia said:
    " @kiss_lamia said:

The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
    i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
    Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing. 
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @kiss_lamia said:
    " @kiss_lamia said:

i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
    Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing.  "
    i know they rushed it to get second coming out! but i mean she was like a goddess for like what 5 seconds and then oops no your dead! when she comes back i hope she stomps there assess big time!! ROFL
    homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By homosexuality

rogue should be able to live forever too she absorbs people life force too.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kiss_lamia

@homosexuality: No Rogue doesn't do it the same way Selene does, Rogue absorbs there life force temporarily and gains there memory's and powers, selene litrally feeds on them and drains of the lifeforce like a vampire and retains there memories also but tottally different in style since selene remembers her victims forever!

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiss_lamia:

rogue could take all life force forever too she just chooses not too.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What mutant ability has earned her this long life?

is it her vamperic nature somehow?

My question is: If she has to constantly absorb life-force to maintain her longevity, does that not put her in a different category than the rest of the Externals whose extended lifespans were not reliant on vampiric dependency? Selene herself called out Apocalypse for technically not being immortal because of his reliance on Celestial technology to rejuvenate his cells, but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black as her own immortality is null and void without draining the energy of others for sustenance?

rogue1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homosexuality: No Rogue doesn't do it the same way Selene does, Rogue absorbs there life force temporarily and gains there memory's and powers, selene litrally feeds on them and drains of the lifeforce like a vampire and retains there memories also but tottally different in style since selene remembers her victims forever!

Nothing is temporarily as it seems with the absorption of Rogue, she clones the dns and the power template of those she touches.

And it has been said in many subjects that she keeps that energy, only that she has not learned to take advantage of it.

Rogue absorbs the same as selene and much more, selene only vital force.

In addition there are several possible futures topics and in all Rogue still looks young.

On the other hand the eternal youth of selene is only illusory, if it does not consume vital force it is constantly vulve old almost like a mummy and could die.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.