Long life!?

#1 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

What mutant ability has earned her this long life?  
is it her vamperic nature somehow?

#2 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

yes
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

Yuppers. If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others.

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "

That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth).
#5 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "
That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
and Madelyne Pryor too in the X-man comics :)
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
Wasn't it more like a curse? ;) 
#7 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
Wasn't it more like a curse? ;)  "
For Eli Bard it was she cursed him to live forever without her! but for  maddy it was more of gift :) and dani if was an offer :) i think she tried to get rachel to be her heir too but that never ended well! lol
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc.
#9 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot!
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.  

And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P
#11 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol!
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:
" @kiss_lamia said:

The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing. 
#13 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
" @kiss_lamia said:

i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing.  "
i know they rushed it to get second coming out! but i mean she was like a goddess for like what 5 seconds and then oops no your dead! when she comes back i hope she stomps there assess big time!! ROFL
#14 Posted by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

rogue should be able to live forever too she absorbs people life force too.

#15 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

@homosexuality: No Rogue doesn't do it the same way Selene does, Rogue absorbs there life force temporarily and gains there memory's and powers, selene litrally feeds on them and drains of the lifeforce like a vampire and retains there memories also but tottally different in style since selene remembers her victims forever!

#16 Posted by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiss_lamia:

rogue could take all life force forever too she just chooses not too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.