Follow

Secret Wars

Story arc »

The Marvel Universe will change forever. When universes collide, they must fight each other to the death.

One More Day is Undone in This New SECRET WARS Book

• 169 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The 2007 Spider-Man story, One More Day, was quite the polarizing one, as it undid the marriage between Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson, through magic and Mephisto. Well, Marvel's upcoming event SECRET WARS, which has now pretty much become a new volume of WHAT IF? has a new book called THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert.

No Caption Provided

This June, not even the Amazing Spider-Man is safe from the Secret Wars – and neither are you True Believers! Prepare for a seismic Spidey story the likes of which has to be read to be believed in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1 – a new Secret Wars series! Blockbuster creators Dan Slott and Adam Kubert pull out all the stops on this next evolutionary step for Peter Parker.

“Father. Husband. Hero. In that order,” says Dan Slott, in an interview with Marvel.com. “With great power must also come great responsibility. That’s the horse before the cart. But what happens when you have the greatest responsibility of them all? Having a great power is something you have to share with the world. But what if two people become your whole world? What then? Renew Your Vows. You do NOT want to miss this one.”

Peter, Mary Jane and their daughter may not have much – but they have each other. But a new foe has taken their city by storm, its heroes falling by the dozens to this mysterious new adversary. Who is this “Regent,” who has claimed the lives of so many heroes? And what does this mean for the street-level Spider-Man?

Just how far will Peter Parker go to protect the family he’s finally gotten back? Find out when the story fans have been waiting for lands on Battleworld in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1!

For more information on Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1, visit Marvel.com and check back later today for the full interview with Dan Slott!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art & Cover by ADAM KUBERT

On Sale in June!

No Caption Provided

Slott went on to say that fans haven't seen classic Spider-Man villains the way fans know and love in quite some time. He went on to tease Eddie Brock as Venom and Sergei Kravinoff as Kraven the Hunter for this book. The Renew Your Vows world on the Battleworld map is actually called The Regency, named after The Regent, the mysterious villain of this story.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1 by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert hits stores on June 3, 2015.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MuyJingo

I wonder how?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story being a what if, is a huge disappointment. Having Dan Slott write it is even worst.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wmarshal

Any chance a married Spider Man becomes the current spider man?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Transformers1024

I was excited til I saw that Slott was writing. He really needs to just go away and let someone else take over.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I so happy for this! eivsnf you One More Day! Sorry... I really hate that story. Also- Slott's writing so everything's awesome.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was excited til I saw that Slott was writing. He really needs to just go away and let someone else take over.

This

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There´s something I don´t understand, is this just a What If, or is this actually going to be in Spidey´s main continuity, thus retconning what happened in One More Day ?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024 said:

This

Why do you two not like him writing? Not saying you're wrong to want him off, but I'm just curious.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

First people don't want them married, now they want them married again, when did super hero comics turn into "Will they, won't they?" sitcoms? just keep fighting radioactive lizards or whatever.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

she dies .

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There´s something I don´t understand, is this just a What If, or is this actually going to be in Spidey´s main continuity, thus retconning what happened in One More Day ?

Unless it does massive sells, its probably just another Secret Wars What If story.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tattacus said:

@thor_parker82 said:

@transformers1024 said:

This

Why do you two not like him writing? Not saying you're wrong to want him off, but I'm just curious.

Because his writing is mediocre.

@eivion said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Unless it does massive sells, its probably just another Secret Wars What If story.

Thanks

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will support married spiderman with my money

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@captainmarvel4ever: I keep hearing this type of argument all the time. I never get it. Not everyone want's the same thing so there is always going to be someone expressing what they prefer. Some people want them married others don't. There isn't anything wrong with it. You honestly expect or think there is going to be a time when everyone universally want the same thing?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I just don't get why people care so much.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is how it should've always been.Pete doesn't need to be running around with Felcia or Carol Danvers.Pet and MJ forever!Live your dream Spidey!!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something can't be "polarizing" if there no one on the other pole.

Has anyone not named Joe Queseda ever said anything positive about OMD?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

This whole Secret Wars thing is just getting more and more confusing...

First it seemed like all the Marvel universes would be doing battle. Then it seemed like a revisit to old stories.

Now it seems like one big What If event.

Not sure what to make of all of it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: That's comparing apples and oranges.

I'm asking why do people care so much about something that's very secondary and has little effect on the plot of Spider-Man comics? the relationship has little effect on whether or not Spider-man is fighting crime and what his criminals are doing. It has no major impact on the set plot of the comics, and only serves as a side story.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally a spiderman book i can read.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dernman
    @captainmarvel4ever said:

I'm asking why do people care so much about something that's very secondary and has little effect on the plot of Spider-Man comics? the relationship has little effect on whether or not Spider-man is fighting crime and what his criminals are doing. It has no major impact on the set plot of the comics, and only serves as a side story.

Not really.

That's the thing for them it's not secondary. It holds more value to them than it does to you. Like I'm sure the things you care about your character they don't. Spider-Man isn't just about fighting crime. It's the things outside of his crime fighting that make many care about him and care when he's doing his super heroing. You're also wrong the things that go on his personal life have had major impact on stories. The best things are stories where the villain is involved with his personal life. I certainly would care less if all SPider-Man was about was superheroing. Peter Parker is what makes the character and his life is what makes him Peter Parker.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Will Aunt May be dead or alive in this timeline?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: That's how they hook you. The confusing and the need to understand.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Loading Video...

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Not really.

That's the thing for them it's not secondary. It holds more value to them than it does to you. Like I'm sure the things you care about your character they don't. Spider-Man isn't just about fighting crime. It's the things outside of his crime fighting that make many care about him and care when he's doing his super heroing. You're also wrong the things that go on his personal life have had major impact on stories. The best things are stories where the villain is involved with his personal life.

It kind of is, I'm worried about the very fundamentals that define my favorite character. This is something completely secondary.

No, I'm saying that within the comics the main appeal of Spider-Man is not that it's a love drama, it's that it's a superhero story. The love and relationships are secondary, the main focus is always him fighting crime.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

Whilst I'm very glad that Spider-Man will be getting a chance to live a life with Mary Jane as his wife and a baby daughter to raise, I'm annoyed Slott's been given the keys to write this series. Many other writers could have done something really special and refreshing with this story but Slott is a one trick pony through and through now. I hope he can do something good with this but this is the guy who wrote one of my least favourite comics of all time, so my expectations are tempered.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ParaChomp

Dan Slott confirmed for best Spider-Man writer ever.

I'm really happy Peter's getting a kid, a living one at least (I hope she's not fridged). This is the direction he NEEDED to go in order to keep his tired and true motto relevant and let it evolve.

By the way, this page's URL is titled "http://www.comicvine.com/articles/one-more-day-is-undone-in-this-new-secret-wars-boo/1100-151689/". What's up with that?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Agreed, I don't get it at all. And I'm not sure I care enough to try and figure it out when the comics start coming out.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man I love a single Pete and I'm not huge MJ fan.I really hope this isn't the new status quo.

If pete's gonna be married to anyone it should be Gwen.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

This story being a what if, is a huge disappointment. Having Dan Slott write it is even worst.

^ ^

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Not really.

That's the thing for them it's not secondary. It holds more value to them than it does to you. Like I'm sure the things you care about your character they don't. Spider-Man isn't just about fighting crime. It's the things outside of his crime fighting that make many care about him and care when he's doing his super heroing. You're also wrong the things that go on his personal life have had major impact on stories. The best things are stories where the villain is involved with his personal life.

It kind of is, I'm worried about the very fundamentals that define my favorite character. This is something completely secondary.

No, I'm saying that within the comics the main appeal of Spider-Man is not that it's a love drama, it's that it's a superhero story. The love and relationships are secondary, the main focus is always him fighting crime.

It is secondary to you. It's not to others. It's a part of what makes him him. His relationships.

It's all part of his story. It's those things that you claim that are "secondary" that make many care about him and his superheroing. Why should I care about some one dimension character if i'm not invested in him as a character. Just superheroing is not enough. Take kamala khan. I have 0 interest in her as a superhero but I buy her comic each time because of her personal life interests me enough to invest in her as a character. I almost dropped the book when they focused too much on superheroing.

I think we've been over this before. Just because you're focused and care about one thing, just because it's enough to invest you in a character it doesn't mean it's enough for others.

Some people liked a younger seeming Spider-Man that wasn't tied down with marriage and how that effected the stories. Others loved how it evolved the character and how it shifted the balance of his priorities. Spider-Man is more than just a super-hero story. It's about Peter Parker who just happens to be a super hero. A good character and good story is more than just the "fundamentals".

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@captainmarvel4ever: I swear I was going to write the same thing. Gosh. Personally I think Spider-Man will go back to the teen status quo because of the MCU (and if someone OTHER than Slott is writting than maybe it will be for the better).

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Spider-Man is still a superhero comic, that is the main focus, the romance is a secondary feature of the story. It can be a person's favorite part, but within the equation it is still a secondary component.

Better yet, why should I care about his love life? Spider-Man is admittedly a fairly one dimensional story, very vanilla with out much else other then stand super heroics (which is why I'm not really a Spider-Man fan). To see something so secondary have so much pull and make people jump through so many hoops is one of the major problems with Spider-Man, heck because of that he had a deal with the devil, you cannot deny that was a bad story and that stories like that take away from the quality of his comics. Heck the romance was pert of why the Amazing Spider-Man 2 was such an awful film.

If you're not buying a super hero comic for the super heroics, then the comic is missing the point. If you're interested in stories about personal lives, there are much better and cheaper mediums that focus on drama. There are even non super hero comics that just focus on that alone.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigman1227 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: I swear I was going to write the same thing. Gosh. Personally I think Spider-Man will go back to the teen status quo because of the MCU (and if someone OTHER than Slott is writting than maybe it will be for the better).

That would make sense, Ultimate Spider-Man comics are considered some of the best Spider-Man stories and they were centered around him as a teen. Some people also believe that Miles may replace Peter for a while after Secret Wars.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@xwraith said:

@punyparker thoughts?

I'm more worried that it's called "The Last Spider-Man Story"

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butters911: Don't worry, it won't. 300% sure. They went through horrible trouble to undo the marriage, they won't snap it back in a single tie-in arc to an alternate realities-driven event.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@dernman: Yeah, I'll probably get the trade since the actual event has way too much going on for me to be able to buy all the single issues and know what the hell is going on.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a definite buy for me !!! i never read the whole story when he got married but i always thought pete and MJ were always the best together, yet he always was cool with Felica as well....

Either way this will be something interesting.

I also agree with others, all these mini series seem like What If titles basically... either way i like the ideas of alot of these.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@xwraith said:

@punyparker thoughts?

I'm more worried that it's called "The Last Spider-Man Story"

Maybe it means "last before the reboot" or "this is set in the future when Peter has hung up his costume". I can't see the new Marvel Universe not having Spider-Man.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zarius

I have to laugh at how Marvel have brainwashed fans into thinking the marriage ever went anywhere, look up the newspaper strip online, Peter and MJ have remained happily married there for the last eight years

Also, these are not supposed to be considered "What Ifs...", they're mean to count

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@dernman said:

Not really.

The "fighting crime" part of every superhero is the least interesting part of them.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Not always, for Batman I'd say it is (which is part of why I'm not as into Batman) and it's part of what makes the Flash interesting. You're right though for most characters it's something else, like Iron Man's life as an arms dealer and the consequences of that, or the space epic of Lantern books, or the under water political struggles in Aquaman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dernman

@captainmarvel4ever: Spider-Man is still a superhero comic, that is the main focus, the romance is a secondary feature of the story. It can be a person's favorite part, but within the equation it is still a secondary component.

So what? Who cares? Whether is is mainly or not it isn't just a super hero comic. It doesn't matter is the other things are secondary or not. If it's those things that make them care about him more then thats it.

Better yet, why should I care about his love life? Spider-Man is admittedly a fairly one dimensional story, very vanilla with out much else other then stand super heroics (which is why I'm not really a Spider-Man fan).

Nobody is asking you to care about his love life but why do you expect others NOT to care just because you don't? SPider-Man isn't one dimensional or vanilla to those who like him. THat's just your opinion. Like how many people find Captain Marvel very one dimensional. If you're not a fan of Spider-Man why even bother commenting on him or why people like him? Heck I'd put Spider-Man against Captain Marvel any day and I like Captain one dimensional oops Marvel.

To see something so secondary have so much pull and make people jump through so many hoops is one of the major problems with Spider-Man,

So you get to set what is valuable to someone else? gtfo

heck because of that he had a deal with the devil, you cannot deny that was a bad story and that stories like that take away from the quality of his comics.

right because one person made a bad story means someone else couldn't have done a better job. Oh and lets not forget that many thing they shouldn't have even tried in the first place. Even the ones who wanted them to end the marriage there many other ways they could have ended. You're logic is also faulty because their are many stories that focus just on his superheroing that are just plain terrible.

Heck the romance was pert of why the Amazing Spider-Man 2 was such an awful film.

Right because if that person failed to make a good story it couldn't possibly been done by someone else. Just for the record the romance in AMS was one of the only good things about the lackluster film. It was the hero side that was terrible. Heck the heroing didn't help any for Spider-Man 3 was such a terrible film and why the romance made Amazing 1 a good film. People generally loved Gwen Stacy. She got more positive press than that rendition of Peter did. All that heroing didn't help the GL film? It didn''t help SUperman returns or the Fantastic Four movies. SHould we give up on the superheroing aspect of those films because they failed to make a good story. faulty logic is faulty

If you're not buying a super hero comic for the super heroics, then the comic is missing the point.

So now you're telling me what the point is in buying something and why I should like something? Are you seriously saying comics only get to be one thing. Are you listening do yourself? I mean really are you listening to yourself? I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life. You need help bro talk to someone. I mean really.

If you're interested in stories about personal lives, there are much better and cheaper mediums that focus on drama. There are even non super hero comics that just focus on that alone.

If I wanted to read something just about a normal persons life then I would but it's the combination that is what I like? It doesn't have to be one or the other. How uncreative, stifling and one dimensional cardboard cut out that would be if things could only be one thing. Thank god you're not in charge of anything.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Not always, for Batman I'd say it is (which is part of why I'm not as into Batman) and it's part of what makes the Flash interesting. You're right though for most characters it's something else, like Iron Man's life as an arms dealer and the consequences of that, or the space epic of Lantern books, or the under water political struggles in Aquaman.

and with Peter it's the people in his life. You don't like or care about it. So what? Other do. Please tell me why only the things you value or like should matter?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: You seem to have misread what I typed (a trend that seems to persist with you, along with very rude responses), I'm not saying other people can't care about Spider-Man's love life, I'm saying they shouldn't let his current relationship status dominate their entire opinion of Spider-Man and his comics. The fact that he is shows that a lot of people seem to be missing the point about what they read. Again, if you're buying a super hero comic, then you should be buying it for a super hero story. Granted his love life is part of the story, but not the predominate focus. If that is all you really care about, then why even read a super hero story to begin with?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'm aware of that, that's the formula of Spider-Man's comics, super heroics with drama.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.