Who wants to see a Secret Wars movie?

#1 Posted by SithLantern93 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

After the Avengers, do you think that there should be movie based upon the Secret Wars story arc? If so, who should play the Beyonder?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7863 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love a Secret Wars movie, but that would mean Marvel would have to regain the rights to many characters, or heavily edit the story.

Plus with the Avengers assembling for the first time in May, I think it's a little too early for Secret Wars.

#3 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a live action Secret Wars movie would be terrible, but an animated one would be fantastic. They'd have to update the style though. The Beyonder can't rock the Jheri Curl forever!!!

#4 Posted by Owie (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

I think a live action Secret Wars movie would be terrible, but an animated one would be fantastic. They'd have to update the style though. The Beyonder can't rock the Jheri Curl forever!!!

Oh, I think animation is the ONLY way they could go with the jheri curl! It's easy to be retro in cartoons.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@SithLantern93: Heck yes. HOWEVER, for many reasons I don't think it is something that could be done anytime in the near future. As already mentioned, re-acquiring the movie rights back to certain characters, not to mention the FX involved, the many characters. It might be too much for the non-comic book movie goer but I'd wet my pantalones if it ever got produced.

One can always dream...

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more than happy with an animated film.

Spider-Man, Captain America, the X-Men, and Dr. Doom all in one movie? Count me in.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Secret Wars could/would be an excellent animated movie.

#8 Posted by lesta90 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Secret Wars animated movie, I think it would be a great move for Marvel, with the rights to all their animated characters back and putting them on dvd, it would probably get more kids into watching their other shows. It was the first series I collected when I was a kid and I haven't looked back since!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.