Follow

Secret Warriors

Team » Secret Warriors appears in 174 issues.

A group of teenagers and young adults with the potential to become powerful weapons against evil (or for it). Nick Fury kept a private set of names and gathered them to combat such groups as the Skrull Empire, HYDRA, HAMMER, and America itself.

Secret Warriors-Worth Buying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'm somewhat interested in picking up this title. Does anyone have any input they can offer on it?  

Quality, style of writing? Best place to jump on?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Any SW fans on the vine today?
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By mavfan626
    @Jake Fury: I've recently pick up a few titles and so far so good but it's one of them comics that you like straight away or you don't.
    BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BKole

Hard to say, to be honest. 

One of the problems with it is that while it is a good series, it's predominantly surface. For Example, the majority of the characters don't really get developed beyond their purposes and their roles within the team. Someone has to be the arse, someone has to be the leader, someone has to betray etc etc. 

I like the series, it's fun, but it is mostly surface.

KingHellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KingHellion

Dont read if you havent read issue 24 and plan on doing so. 

@BKole:

With respect, I think your half right. I think the series started out well developing the characters and somehow turned into the Nick Fury show.
    Once the whole Hydra/Leviathon/Howling Commandos thing started, the team itself was pushed to the background. Then they added the other caterpillar teams and gave them codenames and powers and absolutely no backstory when I thought they could have simply said, "heres the next team" and kept them nameless while keeping the same effect. I also though issue 23 got back to character development by showcasing Druid's training. Then issue 24 came out and brought about a whole new team, complete with backstories, only to off them just along with Mikel. That just made the issue feel like all filler with the sole purpose of showcasing Mikel's death.  

I apologize for the mini-rant, Im a big Secret Warriors fan and feel that while the series is worthwhile to pick up, it could be so much better.    

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Radread

I've enjoyed the series by getting the hardcover trades on this series. I got the first 6 issues before I cut back because of budget reasons and later losing my job. However, they read better as a trade and with the back stories taking so long to get into, that hurt the series intiatial run. We had to know where these characters came from earlier on than waiting almost a year to get the back story on most of them. 24 finally answered so many question to lead into the conclusion of the series. It was a bit late.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.