Follow

Secret Warriors

Team » Secret Warriors appears in 174 issues.

A group of teenagers and young adults with the potential to become powerful weapons against evil (or for it). Nick Fury kept a private set of names and gathered them to combat such groups as the Skrull Empire, HYDRA, HAMMER, and America itself.

How will Secret Warriors end? (Spoilers Ahead: Ye Be Warned)

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MrUnknown

With only 2 issues left of Hickman's master script and the plot regarding Baron von Strucker having for the most part been settled or at least turned full circle from the beginning, what do you think will happen in the final pages of the title?

No Caption Provided

I think we will see Contessa again and she might die. Also, Phobos might come back.
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Is there really only 2 left? I could have sworn I heard somewhere that his plan was much longer. Around 60 or something. That's really disappointing to hear.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Mechanical_Ape
    About a month ago the series was supposed to end with issue 27 (the next issue) but Hickman wrote too big a script for the last issue so they spread it to two issues.
    I think about a year ago, it might have been like 60. Hickman has stated that his plans for Secret Warriors was much longer than the one for Fantastic Four. But, I think unfortunately Secret Warriors started falling apart in sales and you can really see that the art quality has been pretty mediocre for the last few arcs, that I think Hickman had to butcher his plans. However he stated his plans would be recycled in either his FF or SHIELD series. But I will definitely miss Fury.

Here is an interview where he states most of what I said in case you're a skeptic. =P
    What do you think will be the ending?
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

I'm just happy there will be some closure. I was always worried it would get canceled in the middle of everything and nothing would get resolved. I suppose I should be reading SHIELD or FF. I've been meaning to check them out since I do like Hickman's writing, but I keep forgetting. I definitely hope the original team gets some attention before it all ends. They haven't really been around for a few issues. I'd also love for him to address whether JT is really dead or not. Obviously it looks like he is, but I have my doubts.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Mechanical_Ape: I have been reading Fantastic Four from the Three storyline and it's been pretty good. I have been meaning to get the trade for Hickman's previous work on the title too. SHIELD, on the other hand, I have found is a bit too crazy for me. About the Secret Warriors team, yes I would like to see some get screen time elsewhere, maybe transition to Secret Avengers (hey, it's the same adjective!) Who's your favourite in the team? Mine's Phobos!
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @MrUnknown: SHIELD always seemed a bit weird to me. That's probably the biggest thing that's kept me from trying it.

My favorites, besides Fury of course, are probably Phobos and JT. Unfortunately, both of them are dead of course. I would love to see the rest show up somewhere else someday.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Mechanical_Ape:  You and me both. Haha! But I did try two issues of it!
    And yes after Fury of course! JT was a bit of a downer when he betrayed the team; I didn't really like that. I also want to see what happens with Contessa and Dum Dum. He's been locked up for like 7 issues now XD
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Iron_Lad

Hickman is one of my favorite writers. He's so way out there with his ideas. S.H.I.E.L.D. is amazing and Secret Warriors is too, I can't believe more people don't read Secret Warriors. I love how S.H.I.E.L.D. ties into Secret Warriors towards the end. I'm not sure if Nick Fury should get his own series or not. I like him being mysterious and behind the scenes, but at the same time he's so badass It definitely wouldn't hurt if he got his own series again.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Iron_Lad: Yes a Nick Fury series would be awesome I think depending on who gets to write it. Hickman said he is done with Fury after this. But in one of the interviews a writer said they would be interested in writing Fury back when Secret Warriors was starting out. I can't remember who it was but I think it was either Rick Remender or Jason Aaron. I don't know if they can pull it off; I definitely don't want Nick Fury to be indistinguishable from Wolverine or Punisher which is the route I feel they will take if they get the chance.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By JonesDeini
    @MrUnknown:  
    I can't wait to get my final issue this week. I copped 1-23 Sunday and started it at 24. Reading all those issues in one sitting was quite an experience. S.H.I.E.L.D. was my gateway drug into Hickman's other works. I love the way he ties all his books together the connections with S.H.I.E.L.D. in this story are absolutely insane. I also recommend his Fantastic Four/FF work, it's really amazing and based on what I've read from him I'd say it's his magnum opus and it just keeps getting better. I really have no idea how this story's gonna end Hickman always keeps a curve up his sleeve.  
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrUnknown
    @JonesDeini: I actually read the whole run together last month too. I was hoping Phobos would come back but it seems unlikely. I think Contessa might change sides again and I think Hickman said that one of the Secret Warriors might come in Avengers.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonesDeini
    @MrUnknown:  
    I think Alex will be brought back in another title by another writer or by Hickman before it's all said and done. I mean he did have to die to attain true Godhood. It'd be cool to see him involved in a cosmic event. Contessa's definitely an enigma. I don't see her getting out of this unscathed though. I know one thing, I really want to see how Leonardo plays into this all. This is his game after all. 
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JonesDeini

I think I know which Warrior will appear in Avengers. Sebastian, it makes perfect sense. He has the potential to be Sorcerer Supreme and Alexander saw him as one of the greatest heroes ever. Alex's vision have yet to be wrong... 

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Nighthunter
    @MrUnknown said:
    @Iron_Lad: Yes a Nick Fury series would be awesome I think depending on who gets to write it. Hickman said he is done with Fury after this. But in one of the interviews a writer said they would be interested in writing Fury back when Secret Warriors was starting out. I can't remember who it was but I think it was either Rick Remender or Jason Aaron. I don't know if they can pull it off; I definitely don't want Nick Fury to be indistinguishable from Wolverine or Punisher which is the route I feel they will take if they get the chance.
    According to Quezada every single new writer at Marvel always pitch either a Doctor Strange or Nick Fury comic. Its like an unwritten rule that every new guy wants to be the guy that brings them back. So I think many writers would love the chance to jump at the chance. Brubaker would be my top choice...or nick spencer.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Nighthunter: Not to pick on Brubaker, but now after SW everywhere else I read about Fury it just seems lackluster. Usually he's always walking around with a dark secret or doing some useless stuff in other books. Like in Captain America, I don't see why he would try to manipulate events in order to make Steve become Cap again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.