inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Dum Dum is being forced to answer questions by the United Nations Security Council and Nick and Cap share some fun war stories.

The Good

It's a solid story with some great artwork. Even though there was a decent amount of action, and a good story behind it all, the best part of the book for me was the guys sitting around the table drinking, telling Captain America stories. It's a lot of fun to see these war-torn characters sit back and try and make the most out of a bad situation. I loved the dull coloring used within these scenes as well. It adds a bit to the story, letting the reader know that although everyone seems to be having a good time, everything is still a little bleak for the group. The action in the book is great. There's a lot of great detail in the artwork during these scenes (as well as every other panel) and there's so much to keep your eye on as you move across the page.

The Bad

The book jumps around a lot through time in this issue, and it can get a bit confusing to figure out. It wouldn't be a problem if everything was told in chronological order, but that's not the case here. It starts off at the "now" but then goes to a week and a half ago, then to two weeks ago, then back to a week and a half ago. I found myself rechecking the panels just to see where this scene took place in the time line of this comic.

The Verdict 4/5 

An extremely well done comic, one I've never read until today. This issue, and I'm going to assume the rest of the series just from what I've heard from many other readers, is incredibly intriguing and flat-out a lot of fun. There's a lot of classic characters in here that will make any fan of the silver age of Marvel very happy. I'd recommend this book to almost anyone.
    Dropout2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dropout2010

This comic was scrumdiliumpshish

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

*like*

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Wow what was Dugan doing answering questions to the Security Council? I am guessing for the HCSC and not SHIELD since SHIELD has been a US run organization since well before Civil War. I am gonna have to start picking up Secret Warriors again as well.

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ForbushBug
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Wow what was Dugan doing answering questions to the Security Council? I am guessing for the HCSC and not SHIELD since SHIELD has been a US run organization since well before Civil War. I am gonna have to start picking up Secret Warriors again as well. "
    Well, Marvel has a wee bit of a consistency problem when it comes to who runs SHIELD.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Which book is better? This title or Hawkeye/Mockingbird?
    Percy Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Percy Jackson

It´s a good comic ^^

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By doordoor123

I read every issue until this issue. It was a great comic but i dropped it. I feel bad now. I should go pick it up.

jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jamdown

I should breakthrough the barrier that seperates me from captain america comics
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone

This series sucked glad to see it gone.

Avatar image for bastard_samurai
    Bastard samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bastard samurai
    @turoksonofstone:
    This title is being cancelled?  i know the this run is called last ride of the howling cammondoes but i dont think its being cancelled unless you know something i dont.
    Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Elixir95

When I get money again, I need to finish this series!

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By jefprice

Since when is this title getting canned? It's in the top 10 top selling book from Marvel almost every month. Hickman said it was a 40 issue run I believe. This is with ease one of the best reads from ANY publisher out there right now. In fact it's been my favorite book for the last 17 months, and after just reading this last issue, it's again amazing in it's 18th month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.