Gail Simone's Bringing Somebody off the Bench - Possibly Catman

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

Alrighty, if you follow Gail Simone on tumblr, you'll know that she's pretty darn awesome and pretty darn awesome at answering questions - and teasing upcoming things.

In the case of some of her most recent teasers, we have the following. g

#2 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone's tumblr is awesome. I followed it before I even read comics. I find how coy she's been about this whole thing quite amusing. Shame about Cass & Steph, though. I hear great things about Catman (actually, about everything to do with Secret Six), so it'd be great for him to be inducted into nDCU via Simone.

#3 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13895 posts) - - Show Bio

YUSSS!!!

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: You've read X-Force and enjoyed it, right? If so, The Outsiders and Secret Six are must-reads for you. Catman is a BOSS, I love him lol

#5 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I believe it. I've got such an outrageous backlog of comics and trades I need to read. The list is lengthening far faster than I can keep up with it, haha.

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I've been reading for over three years and I know that feel well lol. There's always something more to read out there.

#7 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

My only hope is that enough people give The Movement a chance in May. DC Edge series don't stick around long enough.

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

cough cough

cass cain

cough cough

please

cough cough

#9 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: And this would be where I point you to the first screenshot ;p

I HIGHLY doubt that Gail would outright say it is NOT her only for it to be her. And I think there would be a lot more hints/foreshadowing if it were.

@jsphsmth: I agree :( It's really unfortunate.

#10 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_ said:

@Brazen_Intellect: And this would be where I point you to the first screenshot ;p

I HIGHLY doubt that Gail would outright say it is NOT her only for it to be her. And I think there would be a lot more hints/foreshadowing if it were.

@jsphsmth: I agree :( It's really unfortunate.

Just wishful thinking, not calling her a liar

#11 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: Oh, I know lol

I want Cass back, too :(

#12 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_ said:

I HIGHLY doubt that Gail would outright say it is NOT her only for it to be her.

Aye. Gail wouldn't do that. She's as much of a fan of those characters as any reader, and she would be angry at herself for lying about them.

#13 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Which is just reason 500432 why Gail is so awesome.

#14 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

WRONG!!!!

It is reason #500434... I have been keeping track

#15 Posted by Ironhawk22 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be....TOTALLY EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     PLEASE, LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

#16 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

still cant fill the whole that the Outsiders absence left in my soul.

#17 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_: @redhoodnet: I thought it sounded a bit low, but I didn't want to say anything :P

#18 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

If they bring back Catman, I would be an incredibly happy man, haha ;)

#19 Posted by Ironhawk22 (319 posts) - - Show Bio
Awesome picture of Catman! 

@DarkKnightDetective
said:

YUSSS!!!

#20 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT CASS!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by Joygirl (15348 posts) - - Show Bio

I would massively prefer Scandal or Ragdoll... but hey, can't win 'em all (or, in the case of my relationship with DC Comics, can't win any of them ever).

#22 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

I would massively prefer Scandal or Ragdoll... but hey, can't win 'em all (or, in the case of my relationship with DC Comics, can't win any of them ever).

Scandal of any of the old team IMO

#23 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

Her husband is currently live-tweeting from ECCC. It's been confirmed that it's a female. Still not sure if it's actually a S6 member.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.