Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    As Catman goes off the deep end, yet again, the Secret Six and their rival outfit get approached by the new Mockingbird for an odd conquest mission in the jungle. 

The Good   

The attitude and style of this book is endlessly entertaining. Every character's got a distinct voice and I just love seeing how they play off each other. Whether it's Bane's eloquent brutality, Dwarfstar's homicidal mischief, Catman's gonzo tribalism or even Deadshot's use of blunt overkill for even the most sensitive reasons... not one of these characters' personalities duplicates another. Cool lines, badass action and cliffhanger's that's both a razorsharp hook and knee-slapper of a punchline... what more could you ask for?

The Bad   

This could've benefited from having those "name/powers" informational captions that DC's been using a lot lately after Brightest Day. Especially since this is a start of a new arc, it seems like it'd be a great place for some quick recaps for new readers, as even I needed a little refresher for certain characters standing out of the 12-strong line-up.

The Verdict - 4.5/5  

The bad guys just have so much more fun! Seriously, this and Thunderbolts are two of the books I look forward to the most every month. There's a greater variety to the characters, their personalties are more colorful and things are just genuinely more unpredictable and surprising. Simone and Calafiore are two of the most consistently-good talents in DC's roster, and the start of this "Blood Calls to Blood" arc is a great place to start seeing them at work.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

It seems the book picked up again. Plus, the cover is histerical.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By A-Strondinaire

Love the fighter select cover may pick it up just for that

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Is it me or are there more than 6 people on this cover.
    Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Joey Ravn

I started picking Secret Six some months ago, with the Blackest Night crossover with Suicide Squad, and I don't regret it. This book is great, pure Simone stuff. And yes, that Street Fighter-ish cover is amazing :P The only thing I don't understand is last month's issue... Why were they all in the Wild Wild West again? Am I missing something?

junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By junkmasterzero
    @They Killed Cap!:  It's the two teams.
    wolfman54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By wolfman54

Been wanting to pick up this comic cuz Bane is one of favorites. U think this would be a good jump on. cuz idk that much bout the rest of the team
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

Loved the issue. Somehow it feels I've missed something along the way though. How and when did Bane hook up with these other guys. Really digging King Shark and Dwarfstar in the story.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Pizawle

Going to read it very soon. Love Secret Six and damn for the cover alone this deserves to be picked up.

Just Endless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Just Endless

attempted to start reading SS with this issue today... not so much. I am greatly confused. If I go back and buy 23 +24, which i'm pretty sure are one shots, will those be a better intro?

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondasch
    @longbowhunter said:
    " Loved the issue. Somehow it feels I've missed something along the way though. How and when did Bane hook up with these other guys. Really digging King Shark and Dwarfstar in the story. "
    If I understand it correctly, essentially Bane was tired of missions not being completed, etc

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.