grim's Secret Six #17 - Danse Macabre Part 2 review

man! 17 and 1!

Secret Six has had a briliant run. They have been my number one comic for a while, and i love every character involved (even though i used to hate about half of them).
 but this.... this was bad.
 The story was jumbled. A majority of the story was riding rather heavily on two rather crappy Black Lanterns. And all of the bits that would have been pretty awesome for the fans of the teams and characters where just glazed over.
 the best part of this issue is easily the fight between Catman and Bronze Tiger, and even then its way too talky. Catman and BT have never been excessive talkers, but the whole thing was trash talk and narration.
the final problem is that it this whole match up seems pointless. The only person in this entire comic who can fight off a BN is Black Alice, and she only got a liitle bit off face time. Seriously, the BN stories are supposed to be about the emotions that surface when the living meet the dead, but the best BN relationship they could muster was a crappy chick who died last issue, and a d-list legacy hero meeting her C-list idol? lame.
 I knew this would happen eventually, that BN would ruin something good, but i didnt imagine it would be Secret Six. The Suicide Squad issue that this story is connected to was excelent, but that feeling did not carry over.
 oh well. 1 bad issue out of 17 isnt so bad.

Posted by Grim

lol. im retarded. the title should be 16 and one. but maybe im counting the GOOD Suicide Squad tie in as a Secret Six issue. It basically is. Idk...

Posted by couzinit99

Posted by Grim
@couzinit99 said:
" i totally disagree. i thought the issue was well-written and that Gail Simone gave D-List and C-List characters they shine they deserved. i loved this issue and cant wait to see the ending. and honelsty, excluding a few, the Blackest Night Tie-Ins werent that bad. The only thing i can agree upon is that Black Alice needs more face time.  Other than that i thought this was another stellar issue in a continuingly stellar seires. "
i didnt feel any shine.

im sorry. There where allot of good IDEAS in this issue.
 The defenses at the House of Secrets raised my eyebrows. But after revivals like of Dr. Light, Elongated Man, and even the Human Flame, i expect more than this from a C-list character appearance.