Spider-Man a Skrull?

#1 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a Skrull Spider-Man was found in the Savage Lands, but what if that was just a diversion to make the Avengers' Spider-Man seem like the real deal. I mean, it would make sense as a way to bring BND Spidey back into normal continuity.
Also, Spidey hasn't mentioned MJ or May the entire time, even though the New Avengers know his identity and everything... So... I'm thinking Spider-Man is a Skrull, and the BND Spidey is the real deal and will return with the BND Secret Invasion crossover.
Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Leroy (128 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to tell with team comics sometimes. I don't know if Spider-Man hasn't been talking about Aunt May and stuff because they don't want to focus on just one character too much, or if they're trying to give us hints. But the Brand New Day/One More Day/Whatever stuff is kind of snowballing into a weird place.

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking that maybe BND Spidey is a Skrull. and New Avengers Spidey is the real deal!!! Why? Because Peter wouldn't choose May over MJ in One more Day!!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by The_Runaway (100 posts) - - Show Bio

this should probably be talked about in the Skrull Watch '08 thread

#5 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with you sora, his actions were totally... dumb. i think the only word is dumb. she was just going to die. i mean, when i had heard about One More Day, i thought peter had made the decision in order to save may's SOUL from mephisto... it's way to irrational for him to have done this to keep her alive.

#6 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
The_Runaway said:
"this should probably be talked about in the Skrull Watch '08 thread
"

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

HE'S NOT A SKRULL..CLOSE THIS DUMB ASS THREAD!

#8 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

well, thank you vance... that was a very thought provoking argument you gave. ::scratches head:: well, i think he's won me over... anyone else?

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
Scalez said:
"well, thank you vance... that was a very thought provoking argument you gave. ::scratches head:: well, i think he's won me over... anyone else?
"
There is no way he could possibly be a skrull...they already killed the Spidey skrull while he was their.Spider-man seen his skrulls carcass.He also was just retconned and has a new on going series Brand New Day..You honestly think they are going to do that for a skrull?
#10 Posted by G-Man (37656 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker actually just reveal himself to be a Skrull in Amazing Spider-Man #565

: P

Staff
#11 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Peter Parker actually just reveal himself to be a Skrull in Amazing Spider-Man #565

: P

"
LMFAO.
#12 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think BND spidey is a skrull, but considering how big spidey is marvel's going to want to bring him back into normal continuity somehow, and it's a possibility.

also, it was never said that there can only be one skrull replica of a person. two replicas of a person would be a great diversion, building up trust in the one that hasn't been conclusively shown to be a skrull.

#13 Edited by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
Scalez said:
"i don't think BND spidey is a skrull, but considering how big spidey is marvel's going to want to bring him back into normal continuity somehow, and it's a possibility.

also, it was never said that there can only be one skrull replica of a person. two replicas of a person would be a great diversion, building up trust in the one that hasn't been conclusively shown to be a skrull.
"
There can be many skrulls dressed up as Peter Parker but what would be the point of that? The New Avengers are worthless and he hasn't really done anything for them or with them since he was a member.If BND Spidey isn't a skrull then they are wasting their time.You have noticed that nobody who has been revealed as a skrull has their own individual comic right?
#14 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

...you're going back on yourself. you said in an earlier post today

Vance Astro
said:

He also was just retconned and has a new on going series Brand New Day..You honestly think they are going to do that for a skrull?"

so, in your highly esteemed opinion: are they doing this all for a skrull or are they wasting their time?

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
Scalez said:
"...you're going back on yourself. you said in an earlier post today

Vance Astro
said:
He also was just retconned and has a new on going series Brand New Day..You honestly think they are going to do that for a skrull?"

so, in your highly esteemed opinion: are they doing this all for a skrull or are they wasting their time?

"
What? They aren't doing anything for a skrull because Peter isn't a skrull.If there is even copies of him like the one they killed..I'm sure there wasn't one that was ever in a position to be seen as the real Spider-Man.
#16 Posted by Scalez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think you're making much sense. i'm out.

#17 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
Scalez said:
"i don't think you're making much sense. i'm out.
"
It makes perfect sense...There isn't one character in Marvel who has been revealed as a skrull yet who currently has an ongoing series.So Parker,Thor,Cap,Black Panther,and Ms.Marvel are out.Parker and Danvers skrulls were found early so as to assume the skrulls are done with him.There would really be no point of him being a skrull because he has no personal attachment to none of the New Avengers since Strange quit.Danny and Cage are best friends,Ronin and Echo are doin each other,Spider-woman is gone,and Rogers is dead.So beside Wolverine he doesn't have much of  history with anyone.And using Parker to try and get at Wolverine would be retarded.So there you go..Parker isn't a skrull.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"Scalez said:
"i don't think you're making much sense. i'm out.
"
It makes perfect sense...There isn't one character in Marvel who has been revealed as a skrull yet who currently has an ongoing series.So Parker,Thor,Cap,Black Panther,and Ms.Marvel are out.Parker and Danvers skrulls were found early so as to assume the skrulls are done with him.There would really be no point of him being a skrull because he has no personal attachment to none of the New Avengers since Strange quit.Danny and Cage are best friends,Ronin and Echo are doin each other,Spider-woman is gone,and Rogers is dead.So beside Wolverine he doesn't have much of  history with anyone.And using Parker to try and get at Wolverine would be retarded.So there you go..Parker isn't a skrull.
"
Exactly.
#19 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 99.9% sure Parker isn't a skrull.......but what's with SI #7 cover? I know covers aren't always acurate as to what will hapen in the issue but so far the S.I covers aren't to far off.  I just don't understand since both sides have joined in battle in some field somewhere, why the next cover wouldn't relate in some way?

caption

Guess we'll find out...............

#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIDER-MAN IS NOT A SKRULL.Nobody who was revealed as a skrull has an ongoing.The Invasion is almost over and DD,Black Panther,Deadpool,The Punisher,She-Hulk,Iron Man,Iron Fist,Ms.Marvel,nor Spider-Man have been revealed as skrulls and I'm positive they won't.Two skrulls in Spider-Man's image have been killed already.There may be a replacement but he is still active in the Marvel U somewhere...possibly not coming in contact with his skrulls except the one in the Savage Land.There is no way the cover of SI #7 has anything to do with what actually happens in SI #7 because Wolverine and Spider-Man are in the Savage Land ready to in-gage in a huge battle that won't actually really get underway until SI #7....

#21 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

They're back in the Savage Land? must have missed that.

#22 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man isn't a Skrull....

#23 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"They're back in the Savage Land? must have missed that."
If they aren't in the Savage Land..I know for a fact they aren't in NY or near their usual base of operations.
#24 Posted by Warman (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I hopp Iron man is a Skrull. That would explain why he has become such an ass-hole.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.