Two More 'Secret Avengers' Revealed!

• 127 results
Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has certainly been really good about getting fans excited and talking about the new team members on their upcoming Secret Avengers series, haven't they? Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but what I have really liked about these announcements is that the team they seem to have put together is so eclectic-- and I really didn't see it coming. We announced that Beast would be joining War Machine on the new team, and now we have two more Secret Avengers to add to the list: Valkyrie and Moon Knight. Seriously, who would put Valkyrie with Moon Knight? It feels like they are pulling characters from all the different corners of the Marvel Universe and getting them onto the same team-- I kind of love it. Are you excited about the upcoming book? 
Check the solicit below.

== TEASER == 

SECRET AVENGERS #1
COVER BY: Marko Djurdjevic
WRITER: Ed Brubaker
PENCILS: Mike Deodato

THE STORY:
THE HEROIC AGE IS HERE! Who are the Secret Avengers? Are they a covert team of heroes working the darkest corners of the globe to stop disaster? Are they part-spy, part-superhero? Are they XXXXXXX's newest idea to save the world...or all they all of the above? A new era begins as Marvel's hottest team takes a 21st century twist! Rated T ...$3.99
IN STORES: May 26, 2010

Update:

Looks like more might have been accidentally leaked:

Looks like we have Nova and Steve Rogers in a really bad looking costume. This doesn't appear to be the entire roster though. According to writer Ed Brubaker:

#1 Posted by Shanana (53466 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkrie!? Sweet!

#2 Posted by G-Man (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Moon Knight. He's all kinds of crazy!

Staff
#3 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha my friend pointed this out to me earlier today. :) I was dead set on the female being Scarlet Witch, though. :(

#4 Posted by BaronVonDredd (244 posts) - - Show Bio

It is just the comic art or is Valkyrie really hot??

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

neither of them were a suprise to me but i do like the fact they are on the team
#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd: Both
@kerukun878 said:
"I was dead set on the female being Scarlet Witch, though. :( "
Yeah same here... 

I know nothing of Valkrie... but Moon Knight! 
That is an intresting turn of events! 

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd said:
"It is just the comic art or is Valkyrie really hot?? "

she looks like shes got more junk in the trunk
#8 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Valkyrie is just as good, I suppose. They must be pulling the every team needs an Asgardian thing. >_>
#9 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also excited about all this, Babs, and having Moon Knight added WILL get me to buy the series!!  Valkyrie is also a nice addition, having a powerhouse like her is a good idea.  
O.K., I need to step back...Moon Knight!!   
Wonder who else may be added?
#10 Edited by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I'm starting to like Secret Avengers.

#11 Posted by Timm (227 posts) - - Show Bio

these two pics are great! 
I always liked Valkyrie and Moon Knight was one of the first books i ever read.

@G-Man said:

" I love Moon Knight. He's all kinds of crazy! "

true that!
#12 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: Beast, War Machine, Valkyrie, Moon Knight... Wasn't there also another guy that looked like he was in a Iron Man like suit?
#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878 said:
" @sora_thekey: Valkyrie is just as good, I suppose. They must be pulling the every team needs an Asgardian thing. >_> "
Meh! 
I know nothing about her... so no opinion...

When her page was revealed, did she have a spear? (Y'know when she was blackened out..)
#14 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:  No, she did not. They have been removing key objects, details to keep us from guessing as well. 

Beast: Fur and claws 
War Machine: Missile launcher and minigun 
Valkyrie: Sword and Spear 
Moon Knight: Details of his boots.
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture of Moon Knight is awesome. Valkrie is a cool and unexpected addition too.

#16 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight : check  ^_^
Valkyrie : unexpected but awesome. Though it appears she'll be the only female in the group which is unfortunate.

I like the roster so far.......just gimme Steve Rogers and I'm in!!!

#17 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89: Details of his boots...? That makes no sense..
#18 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC: Maybe, maybe not. There were also different members of the Avengers and New Avengers revealed in preview art for an X-factor issue, so maybe it's the same for this?
#19 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would put the Valkyrie with the Moon Knight? How about David Anthony Kraft, during his 1977-1979 stint as writer of The Defenders. Moon Knight didn't actually join the team... but really, who did... but he hung around for one multi-part story.

In fact, at one point, The Beast was a Defender, too. Curious as to whether this team will be a new version of the Defenders.
#20 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878:  We know Steve isn't on the other Avengers teams. Captain Bucky will join Iron Man and Thor on the 'Avengers'. 

But who else but Steve fits this quote? He's the only one I can think of.
#21 Edited by IronSpidy-Rooney (332 posts) - - Show Bio

This team is looking awesome. This might be more like Warren ellis thunderbolts than some of us thought Dark Avengers could have been. i'm really looking forward to this can't wait to find out the whole team   
So much for Valkyrie's picture being the Scarlet Witch

#22 Posted by UltimateHero (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkyries hot...but the spear is too thin and the sword isn't functional as the cross-guard would hinder wielding..but...VALKYRIE IS HOT!!

#23 Posted by kerukun878 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC: Well, point taken. But I think Steve may just end up being Steve Rogers and the leader of SHIELD.
#24 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio
@chalkshark:  Sorry, I was born in '85! ;)
#25 Posted by TazTheStampede (43 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC:
if the rumor is true that Cap is becoming the new leader of SHIELD or whatever they're gonna call it, it might be USAgent
#26 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. How many are left remained a secret now?

#27 Posted by SirSparkington (336 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this doesn't mean they're canning Moon Knights solo series. Still, Secret Avengers looks to be good.

#28 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC:  Steve is on the team. He was shown on the Avengers #2 cover along with them but just dressed in black like he is in Avengers Prime.  

Thinking that could be several people. Way too vague.
#29 Posted by ferrettim (8 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm super excited for this title especially now that moon knight's on there...and i completely agree with @DMC that's definitely Steve. Question who is...who is the last secret avenger? I'm going with either Nova, Johnny Storm, or the Sentry, and leaving more towards the final two.

#30 Posted by Queen's Halo (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Yey for Valkyrie!

#31 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, very interesting tho I'm not much of a fan of any of these heroes with all these different personalities the writer can (and hopefully will) be really creative with this teams development

#32 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone must have called this. I'm so glad that these are real interesting characters being added to the team not just random guys. Though I don't really care about Moon Knight I'm excited for Valkyrie, War Machine and Beast.

#33 Posted by SlightConfuse (102 posts) - - Show Bio

IN hulk 608 banner called this team war machine avengers  

take it as you will

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878:
I don't recall seeing such a character but then again my memory isn't the best.  Sorry, wish I could be more helpful, maybe someone else knows?
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Called it.... 

@Vance Astro said:

Secret Avengers? Everyone keeps saying the female figure is Scarlet Witch but after that whole Loki thing I don't see anyway it's her.After someone said Valkyrie I'm holding on to it.Look at how her hair is shaped in the silhouette,the cape,it's gotta be her.

@Vance Astor
 said:
I think the guy in the cape is definitely Sleepwalker but since they appear to all be characters who have been Avengers before.One appearing to be Beast,One appearing to possibly War Machine.One my be U.S Agent or some Cp related character.I think that it could be Moon Knight.
#36 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" I love Moon Knight. He's all kinds of crazy! "
and a personality for every ocassion
#37 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Called it.... 

@Vance Astro said:
Secret Avengers? Everyone keeps saying the female figure is Scarlet Witch but after that whole Loki thing I don't see anyway it's her.After someone said Valkyrie I'm holding on to it.Look at how her hair is shaped in the silhouette,the cape,it's gotta be her.

@Vance Astor
 said:
I think the guy in the cape is definitely Sleepwalker but since they appear to all be characters who have been Avengers before.One appearing to be Beast,One appearing to possibly War Machine.One my be U.S Agent or some Cp related character.I think that it could be Moon Knight.
"
I knew someone had called it. Who's your pick for the last silhouette?
#38 Posted by simsey (82 posts) - - Show Bio

im liking this just really random people see how well they work now
#39 Posted by amc26 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I called Moon knight! Valkyrie is a big surprise!

#40 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#41 Posted by LB70145 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to know Moon Knight is on the team. Valkyrie was definitely unexpected. I am only 3 for 4 thus far.

#42 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
" @kerukun878:  We know Steve isn't on the other Avengers teams. Captain Bucky will join Iron Man and Thor on the 'Avengers'. 

But who else but Steve fits this quote? He's the only one I can think of.
"
yeah but where is the shiel  (though im pretty sure you are right and it is cap).  

anyway, im pretty mad once this stuff was revealed.  i mean, i think marvel unpurposely made it seem like Scarlet Witch and Taskmaster, what with their quotes and poses and stuff.   this is pretty annoying.   

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Called it.... 

@Vance Astro said:

@Vance Astor
 said:
"
I knew someone had called it. Who's your pick for the last silhouette? "
I think it might be Patriot from the Young Avengers.There are very few Avengers left that have been leaders.
#44 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878 said:
" @DMC: Well, point taken. But I think Steve may just end up being Steve Rogers and the leader of SHIELD. "
maybe he could do both. Stark was Director of Shield and a Mighty Avenger
#45 Posted by brewski420 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait for this series to come out. even though i know very little about any of these characters. but i love Deodato's art.
#46 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know much about Valkyrie, but Beast, War Machine, and Moon Knight all on one team is more than enough to make me want to buy this series.

#47 Edited by darkrider (463 posts) - - Show Bio

moon knight is on of my  Favorite   characters   
#48 Posted by lostlantern13 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Avengers is definitely the best Avengers book...or at least shaping up to be. Love the team, love the creative team....now gimme a leader!
#49 Posted by G-Man (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Update:

Looks like more might have been accidentally leaked:

Looks like we have Nova and Steve Rogers in a really bad looking costume. This doesn't appear to be the entire roster though. According to writer Ed Brubaker:

Staff
#50 Posted by hero vs. villian (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about 98% right on the team! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.