Follow

Secret Avengers

Team » Secret Avengers appears in 341 issues.

The Secret Avengers are a black ops branch of the Avengers. Assembled by Steve Rogers in the Heroic Age. The team is now a highly secret branch of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Secret Avengers roster question

pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pepperr

Now I've never read anything about Rider before Annihilation, but isn't he a tad strong to be a constant member? I'm under the impression that he rivals SS. He was pretty destructive in Annihilation and I loved it. I know Thor was also incredibly strong in the original avengers but he didn't have the Odin Force. Thanks

Avatar image for inspiringmuffin
    InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By InspiringMuffin

It's true that he's a pretty powerful character, but when you consider that a previous avengers team had Sentry, and the original teams had Hulk, he doesn't seem TOO overpowered. Of course, you have a point if we think about how the Secret avengers are supposed to be... well, secret. His powers aren't the most subtle.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RavenDark

He cannot be a constant member IMO...only a temp. He  guards the whole galaxy as a space cop not just the Earth sector. He has his own book etc....

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LT1085
    @RavenDark said:
    " He cannot be a constant member IMO...only a temp. He  guards the whole galaxy as a space cop not just the Earth sector. He has his own book etc.... "
    see: Wolverine
    RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RavenDark
    @LT1085:
    Marvel team up v3
    Marvel team up v3
    I really hope that that was more of an Exception that confirms the Rule! I REALLY HOPE! But darn...I know I'm wrong because of late many characters appear in multiple issues at the same time.....
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By karrob
    @InspiringMuffin said:
    " It's true that he's a pretty powerful character, but when you consider that a previous avengers team had Sentry, and the original teams had Hulk, he doesn't seem TOO overpowered. Of course, you have a point if we think about how the Secret avengers are supposed to be... well, secret. His powers aren't the most subtle. "
    Yeah but maybe they need the firepower
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bingbangboom

Yeah but if you see what they are doing is involving him in space, aka Mars, but we will see. I mean I don't think you can be too powerful because they will just up the villains they throw at them. Wasn't he in the New Warriors? 

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RavenDark
    @bingbangboom: 
    Yes..and he dated Namorita...
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bingbangboom
    @RavenDark said:
    " @bingbangboom:  Yes..and he dated Namorita... "
    Namor must be pissed then, taking his woman. Maybe possible story of who wins her heart? Namor or Nova?
    RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RavenDark
    @bingbangboom: 
    Namorita is acctually a clone of Namora...Namora is a cousin to Namor....So Namorita is his clone-cousin...I do not know how atleantians define incest.....
    But Namor always treated her like a sister or a child (in terms of guidance)
    If you want a love triangle... Namorita dated The Human Torch a.k.a. Johny Storm (Which is IMO the stupidest idea a writer had because heat dehydrates and weakens her...endangering her life) 
                                               The Human Torch-Namorita- Nova
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Namorita was actually brought to the 616 universe by Rider in recent issues of Nova, she is from an alternate timeline.  

I don't really get where these events take place, considering Rider is kind of busy right now with the whole 'universe is about to end, who cares about a serpent crown' situation going on in the cosmic books. 

Also, Nova is no where near the Silver Surfer in power, as shown in his own book. He's pretty powerful though, I would say the most powerful on the team for sure. 

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bingbangboom
    @RavenDark: Ewww... Namor and Namorita did it?
    RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RavenDark
    @bingbangboom said:
    " @RavenDark: Ewww... Namor and Namorita did it? " 

No they did not! At least not to my knowledge......
    RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RavenDark
    @jloneblackheart: 
    Normally I would agree with you that Nova could never reach SS levels...but after the events of Annihilation...Nova absorbed the World Mind and become the sole user of the Nova Force increasing his power literary a 1000 fold....Of course the World Mind keeps his power set extremely limited as result...but it still leaves him access to that considerable boost, and to new powers not seen used by a regular Nova Corpsman....
    But I confess I did not read his new itineraries in his book......
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @RavenDark said:
    " @bingbangboom said:
    " @RavenDark: Ewww... Namor and Namorita did it? " 

No they did not! At least not to my knowledge...... "
    Though Namor and his cousin Namora were meant to mate together and were attracted to each other but nothing ever really happened between them.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

I kind of agree but I kind of feel like the only characters that work for the theme of Secret Avengers are Captain America, Antman, and Black Widow....the rest of the team feels out of place to me

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @RavenDark: Yes and after Annihilation Nova faced Galactus and the Surfer showed that he was far beyond Nova's capabilities, before Nova even knew what was happening. Worldmind even said so. The Surfer got himself quite a power up in Annihilation as well. Nova #13 - #15. 
    pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pepperr
    @jloneblackheart: It wasn't a power up,right? I recall that he was given resolve and therefore was able to focus his mental energies on the present and became "stronger" but not increasing his power level. Just tapping into what he had already.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @pepperr: It was that and restoring his old power levels that Galactus had decreased when the Surfer betrayed him.  The Surfer didn't want him to remove his remorse.  

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.