Follow

Secret Avengers

Team » Secret Avengers appears in 341 issues.

The Secret Avengers are a black ops branch of the Avengers. Assembled by Steve Rogers in the Heroic Age. The team is now a highly secret branch of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Secret Avengers, and other Avenger books

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By avengpymhawk

I think that the Secret Avengers should have been giving a more appropriate name like Secret Agents of Shield or something of that nature. I think that it is just too many books with the name Avengers in them. Especially with the books having really nothing to do with what the Avengers stand or was created for.  

Then we have Avengers Academy, come-on people we had to make-up new characters for this? We have so many young heroes out there that should have been put into this new upcoming title.  

Now we have the New Avengers which was suppose to keep the team street level, but the only street level they ever fought was the Hood's Gang. There are so many more  candidates like Tombstone, Kingpin, or maybe even Maggia?  

Oh, well a little ramble in the morning time.....
    ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ofaaron

Well, to my knowledge the running Avengers series are going to be Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers, and Avengers Academy. Avengers is the main team, secret is the covert-ops team, I'm not sure what the New Avengers role will be, and Avengers Academy is the replacement for the Initiative. Seems to be about as many Avengers books as always. They make new ones, but the old ones drop out. 

Avengers Academy seems the most worthless to me, but I don't really like the teen hero junk. I certainly agree they shouldn't have made new heroes for it... but if they just used existing teen heroes it would be a lot like Young Allies, which is another good argument for why its a pointless book. They should have just taken the idea behind Avengers Academy and applied it with Young Allies. They are training the next Avengers, and what team already exists that is like the next Avengers. There you go.

As for the Secret Avengers... since they don't have a public face, it doesn't matter much what they call the team. One could imagine since Rogers is in it and created it, that he is just fond of the Avengers name. Its great so far, no matter what they are calling it, so I'm not complaining.

No idea why they still need New Avengers. That line was basically the "real" avengers after disassembled, and as counter to the Mighty Avengers after Civil War. With the main Avengers team back, and the registration act abolished... not sure where that team fits in.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The name "Avengers" sells books.Supply and demand.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.