New Member? Spoilers?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just read Secret Avengers #4 and Steve makes a mention about finding a new member for when Nova is busy. Not just a new member, but a new Cosmic-Level member. Any ideas on who this new member may be?

#2 Edited by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be the best new cosmic member:

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"So I just read Secret Avengers #4 and Steve makes a mention about finding a new member for when Nova is busy. Not just a new member, but a new Cosmic-Level member. Any ideas on who this new member may be? "

I know it will never happen but Gladiator joining would be epic.
#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Red Hulk.

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I'm pretty sure it's going to be Red Hulk. "
I thought Red Hulk was joining the Regular Avengers?
#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Well Cap went and visited him after his capture in Hulk #24, Hulk and Cap talking about how useful Ross could be. But I do remember hearing something about him being in the regular Avengers. We'll see. I'd really like to see Red Hulk on the Secret Avengers because I'm a fan of both. I'm loving how I get a new cosmic book every month anyway. I hope it stays that way.
#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:  I love both too. And Avengers have been a little...eh. Hopefully if Red Hulk joins it, the book will improve.
#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

it will probably be surfer or another herald but I hope it's beta ray bill
#9 Posted by Bossjugg (146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" it will probably be surfer or another herald but I hope it's beta ray bill "
Can't see Silver surfer doing black ops on earth. I would be glad too if beta ray bill joined but my guess is probably some one off of Guardians of the Galaxy 
#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooo, Beta Ray Bill would be pretty awesome, but I doubt it'll be him. I don't really know any cosmic level heroes outside Silver Surfer, but I'm pretty sure he's been pretty busy. And I thought Red Hulk was confirmed to join the regular Avengers?

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" So I just read Secret Avengers #4 and Steve makes a mention about finding a new member for when Nova is busy. Not just a new member, but a new Cosmic-Level member. Any ideas on who this new member may be? "
It's Sentry.
#12 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  Did he come back without me realizing it?
#13 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering who it could be...a cosmic-type that would join up with Steve. 

I was thinking Quasar.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro:  Did he come back without me realizing it? "
Yes...Steve is Sentry.
#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" So I just read Secret Avengers #4 and Steve makes a mention about finding a new member for when Nova is busy. Not just a new member, but a new Cosmic-Level member. Any ideas on who this new member may be? "
It's Sentry. "
You serious? Or are you just cruelly pulling my leg? If Sentry is coming back and joining SA, I take back every single bad thing I've ever said about Marvel.
#16 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve was hella wanked with the control of the Nova Force. I still love him though.

I really want Starlord or Rocket Raccoon to join but I doubt it.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro:  Did he come back without me realizing it? "
Yes...Steve is Sentry. "
Yehbuwha?
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

1.I'm joking about the Sentry thing. 
2.Most of the Avengers teams recycle themes.Each team has members that have been Avengers before.Noh-Varr is the only real new Avenger.So just think about who it could be in terms of who has already been an Avenger. 

Narrow it down to who has been an Avenger and is cosmic level.... 
You have Quasar,Pulsar (Monica),Crystal,Moondragon,Mantis,Aleta,Major Victory,Charlie-27,Darkhawk,Jack of Hearts,Martinex,Nikki,Starfox,Yondu.... 

My guess would be Darkhawk or Quasar.Quasar is most like Nova and Darkhawk best fits with the team.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: You were joking!? (Cries)

Ok, well at least I don't have to retract my statements. You're raping your Avengers, Marvel! Get a clue!
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: You were joking!? (Cries)  Ok, well at least I don't have to retract my statements. You're raping your Avengers, Marvel! Get a clue! "
After what they let Bendis due to Sentry I hope he stays dead.
#21 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: You were joking!? (Cries)  Ok, well at least I don't have to retract my statements. You're raping your Avengers, Marvel! Get a clue! "
After what they let Bendis due to Sentry I hope he stays dead. "
To be fair, Bendis came up with Sentry. So he was his to ruin...unlike Noh-Varr.
#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
To be fair, Bendis came up with Sentry. So he was his to ruin...unlike Noh-Varr. "
Paul Jenkins created the Sentry, Bendis destroyed him.
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Paul Jenkins created the Sentry, Bendis destroyed him. "
True.Read Marvel Knights Sentry..then Avengers Sentry...two different characters.
#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
True.Read Marvel Knights Sentry..then Avengers Sentry...two different characters. "
Exactly, one series is one of Marvel's finest achievements, imo, and the other.... (shudders).
#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
To be fair, Bendis came up with Sentry. So he was his to ruin...unlike Noh-Varr. "
Didn't he appear in New Avengers first? (I'm seriously asking, I don't know).
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
Didn't he appear in New Avengers first? (I'm seriously asking, I don't know). "
No..His first appearance was Sentry #1.
#27 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  Shows how much I know about the character.
#28 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Nobody said:

" @Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Didn't he appear in New Avengers first? (I'm seriously asking, I don't know). "
There was the original Marvel Knights Series which had 5 issues and 4 tie-ins "Sentry and Spider-Man, Sentry and X-Men, Sentry and the Hulk, and Sentry versus the Void". That was his first and in my opinion, best series. This was the Sentry's first appearance, and his character here is what I call "Marvel Knights Sentry."  Also, this Sentry is vastly more powerful than any other version. When the Void first appeared, the Marvel Universe literally gave up all hope. Simple as that, the Void shows up; you're done.

Then there was a second series titled the Sentry, only this one went for eight issues. This series wasn't quite as good, but it helped Robert fit into the 616 Universe a little better. This was the first appearance of what I call "Marvel Universe" Sentry. 

There was also a silver-age inspired mini-series called the Age of the Sentry, but no one really cares about that too much, it doesn't add much to the character.

After that, Bendis re-introduced Rob into the mainstream continuity with his New Avengers story, which wasn't too bad. After that, he made various appearances in New Avengers and Mighty Avengers, and in a Civil War one-shot called the Return, where he beat down the Absorbing Man with no effort. 

Then there was the Dark Avengers/Siege debacle, and finally we arrive at Fallen Sun, which, if you'd read the original series, was very good. However, if you hadn't, it was pretty bad, because you didn't know just how good a hero Bob was. 

When it comes to the Sentry though, you can basically look at him like this; 
Paul Jenkins' work = Brilliant
Brian Michael Bendis' work = Awful.
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
It's Shang Chi LOL.... 

#30 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it. I knew it was Shang Chi. 

Who's more cosmic than Shang Chi?

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" I knew it. I knew it was Shang Chi.  Who's more cosmic than Shang Chi? "
LMFAO...
#32 Edited by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, wow...DROP.

Just kidding, probably still pick it up.

#33 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.
@ReverseNegative said:

" This would be the best new cosmic member:
"
LOL.
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
It's Shang Chi LOL.... 

"
LOL. It will be funny if everyone has wild theories on who the new recruit could be, and it ends up being Shang Chi.
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Do you think it is necessary for the Secret Avengers to have a cosmic level character in their ranks? I had a conversation of the subject today, and I'd want to know what you think.
#37 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps they are going to have a character appropriate sub for each of the arcs before setteling one one.

#38 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  As much as I love Shang-Chi, that would pisses me off LOL
#39 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Century, Darkhawk or Gravity would be cool to see.  Beta Ray Bill would be better though.

#40 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" Century, Darkhawk or Gravity would be cool to see.  Beta Ray Bill would be better though. "
Yeah, that would be cool, but it's already confirmed to be Shang-Chi.
#41 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @Green Skin said:
" Century, Darkhawk or Gravity would be cool to see.  Beta Ray Bill would be better though. "
Yeah, that would be cool, but it's already confirmed to be Shang-Chi. "
It is?
#42 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell is shang-chi going to replace Nova?

#43 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  I don't think he is. I believe people are looking to much into a cover. How often do characters have guest appearances without joining the team?
#44 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: That's what I'm thinking too. I mean, replacing Nova with Shang would be like the X-Men replacing Wolverine with some angry badger they found on the side of the road. It's not adequate, and makes no sense.
#45 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: cant really be surfer either because he is also in the same fight along Nova.
#46 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  Agreed. Plus they have plenty of street level heroes already on the team.
#47 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

i am 99.8% that they wont use quasar,silver surver, beta ray bill, because they didnt use nova because he's busy helping the guardians in the fight with the "fault" so why would they pick any of the others because they are doing the same exact thing. i honestly think theyll either pick someone local(earth) or just pick no one at all

#48 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have put Noh-Varr on this team instead.

#49 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @Green Skin said:
Yeah, that would be cool, but it's already confirmed to be Shang-Chi. "
My money is still on Century. He makes the most sense in my mind.
#50 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" How the hell is shang-chi going to replace Nova? "
With his Shang-Chi Force. I thought everyone knew about the Shang-Chi force. It chooses a host once every 200 years and imbues said host with the ability to be a decent martial artist, provided the host undergoes years of training in martial arts. It also grants the host the strength of a man who engages in regular intensive exercise. And it can let the host fire beams from his hands that are powerful enough to push the core out of a star (but the last one isn't used very often).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.