Ant-man in Secret avengers #23 (big big spoilers)

#1 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

if you haven't read it, turn away now... this is major spoiler: 

#2 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a bit sad, but I think it was appropriate so he could have some redemption for all of his mistakes.

#3 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

So did the O'Grady Ant-Man die? I haven't been keeping up with this series...

#5 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. I've hated him since The Initiative....he SHOULD NOT have said that stuff about Lang...

....so yeah....I've held a grudge against him....

#7 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks. I liked having a slightly bad Ant-Man.

#8 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious: it defo looks that way. he was trying to save a child from some robots and was like beaten already but still tried to fight them so the kid could get away and then he got beat up really badly by them as his inner-monologue said his father would be proud of him dying a hero. then the issue ended as the robot stamped on his head. 

@primepower53: but that was his gimmick... he was meant to be the IRREDEEMABLE ant-man. personally i think that it set him miles apart from the other heroes, and considering we just lost stature, it seems they're killing off all the size-changing heroes just so they can bring back scott lang. who's nowhere near as fun as eric o grady.
#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

: )

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

: )

So I'm guessing your glad that he's dead? lol

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Ant Man is appearing in future Defenders issues 

#12 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: i think that one is scott lang... who they brought back in Young Avengers... explaining why they thought they had to off Eric o Grady and Cassie lang... god forbid there should ever be two characters with the same name in the Marvel universe ¬_¬
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

A solicit for a future issue says a team member will return.

=P

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@mr.obvious: it defo looks that way. he was trying to save a child from some robots and was like beaten already but still tried to fight them so the kid could get away and then he got beat up really badly by them as his inner-monologue said his father would be proud of him dying a hero. then the issue ended as the robot stamped on his head.

@primepower53: but that was his gimmick... he was meant to be the IRREDEEMABLE ant-man. personally i think that it set him miles apart from the other heroes, and considering we just lost stature, it seems they're killing off all the size-changing heroes just so they can bring back scott lang. who's nowhere near as fun as eric o grady.

=P

#15 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good, as a character who basically lets his friend die and did his girlfriend on his GRAVE......it is major character development.

remender does this....what he does with a character doesnt really hit until you fully comprehend what happens

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

After a false reprieve last issue.............damn you Marvel >:(

#17 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- I was never a huge fan of the character, but he seemed popular, if he is in fact dead I would find the decision puzzling to say the least.

- In comics though, even this is by no means assured death

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.