gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

This series has always danced around with bits of humor while delivering a healthy dose of espionage mixed with a small group of Avengers. With the arrival of Deadpool, and the fact that he kidnapped Hawkeye, things go to a slightly different level.

Ales Kot does a great job in bringing in the wackiness that Deadpool is known for. There's jokes, there's breaking of the Fourth Wall, there's even Hawkeye getting "booped" on the nose. What more could you ask for?

The issue isn't just about Deadpool, Hawkeye, and a bunch of AIM soldiers. There is some follow up on the disappearance of Black Widow, Vladimir the sentient bomb, Nick Fury Jr's fate, and Agent Coulson doing some weird things.

You can tell Michael Walsh is having fun drawing this series. As things get crazier, he keeps pace with Kot's story. You'll marvel at the tiny details such as what the AIM soldiers were doing as the bag over Hawkeye's head was removed, or how well Deadpool can balance an egg on his head, or even the emotion Spider-Woman goes through over dealing with the possible death of a teammate. If that wasn't enough, Matthew Wilson's colors make it all even better.

The Bad

I liked this issue. I liked it a lot. While the humor is welcomed, it did get to be a little too much. Should we blame Kot or should we blame Deadpool? I do love the fact that this comic exists because it stands out and apart from the other Avengers titles. Having Deadpool in the issue is a risky choice because while many do enjoy him, there are also those that are getting a little tired of the vast number of appearances he's racking up these days.

The Verdict

Deadpool invades this title and it goes exactly like you might expect. There is a Deadpool and Hawkeye series coming up and this almost feels like an appetizer for it but more so. Ales Kot takes the opportunity to use Deadpool's wackiness and runs with it. It might be a little too much humor for some but you should be able to appreciate the change of pace compared to some comics. The focus isn't just on Deadpool and Hawkeye as we see the other members and continuations on their plots. Michael Walsh's art is always great to see and Matthew Wilson's colors spice it up nicely. If you're looking for a comic that will bring a smile to your face, this is the one for you. I look forward to this series every month.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not a fan of this issue. I don't like the humor that Kot has put in the series since taking over. It just isn't my brand. I hope that he writes the Winter Soldier series with the tone that he writes Zero because Buck is my favorite character and I don't want to read another book like Secret Avengers.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After Superior Foes, we only have this series left to keep the FUN (in comics) alive.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zbvmx said:

After Superior Foes, we only have this series left to keep the FUN (in comics) alive.

We still have IDW (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Regular Show)

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not a fan of this issue. I don't like the humor that Kot has put in the series since taking over. It just isn't my brand. I hope that he writes the Winter Soldier series with the tone that he writes Zero because Buck is my favorite character and I don't want to read another book like Secret Avengers.

Agree w/everything you said. I'm hoping for the best on Bucky's new ongoing...

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@zbvmx said:

and Harley Quinn

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

@micah said:

@zbvmx said:

and Harley Quinn

And Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's Deadpool series.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind said:

@micah said:

@zbvmx said:

and Harley Quinn

I feel like people are being a bit dramatic when they say there are so few "fun comics".

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@the_lobster_ said:

@hushofthewind said:

@micah said:

@zbvmx said:

and Harley Quinn

I feel like people are being a bit dramatic when they say there are so few "fun comics".

There's also stuff at Valiant with Quantum & Woody and Archer & Armstrong.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I really love this book. The art and the writer, and especially the kind of humor. It's just a perfect fit for me, and I hope to see more titles like this.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the main heroes are taken more seriously but there's still plenty of fun books being written. Hawkeye, Ms marvel, deadpool, superior foes. Besides Harley Quinn I honestly don't know dcs fun books but I'm not currently reading any dc books so can't speak for or against them.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bladewolf

@wardishy said:

@maddpanda531 said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@hushofthewind said:

@micah said:

@zbvmx said:

and Harley Quinn

There's also stuff at Valiant with Quantum & Woody and Archer & Armstrong.

And following that, Valiant's new series The Delinquents which combines Quantum & Woody and Archer & Armstrong :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.