Follow

Second Coming

Story arc »

The third part of the Messiah Trilogy cross-over stories that started in Messiah CompleX & continued in Messiah War. Second Coming heralds the long-awaited return of Hope Summers & Cable to the present day.

Second Coming: I Hope (pardon the pun)

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By KumoriKunoichi

Okay so Hope's back, back again, Hope is back...tell a friend.. *coughs*

Basically, Bastion and his army of guess what....resurrected villains...is back and basically ready to go ninja on the rest of the mutant population...like Necrosha but with less bondage gear, no gathering of the mutants but instead slaughtering, a crazy guy with a mechanical arm (I mean bishop), lots of deaths, Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey somehow being part of the plot line, musical numbers, dance off's, crumpets and tea, and a hell of a lot more angst. This has been building up longer than the burritos I had for lunch (but let's not go there). The first new mutant since M-Day's saga ends here. She was born and instantly thrown into a world that hates her, loves her, wants to kill her, wants to eat her, and wants to give her cookies. Wanda Maximoff you cheeky vixen, what did you get us into?
    So Hope, as she was appropriately named, has been in the middle of a number of things and in Messiah Complex, it was just her beginning, the first breath that she took and of course, the hours that Cable had to run to get the hell away from the ones that wanted to use or kill her...namely everyone else that wasn't him. 
    Messiah War was sort of the soft interlude. It was really just a bunch of "We're in the future, let's check on Cable and then go home to go deal with a crazy Bondage vampire and her army. Oh and that Osborn guy. He needs therapy."
    But this is where the cookie crumbles. The grand finale. The piece de resistance. The...okok i'll get on with it.

Many will be injured. Several will Die. Marvel tends to re-use that tagline for most of its crossovers. It has kind of a nifty ring to it after a while. But this time, I think it holds weight. I mean we already have two injuries. Kitty's permaphased (although she's kind of behind the times on the whole mutant baby thing) and Magneto's K.O.'d after getting Kitty's bullet back down to Earth. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are definitely going to be more, and some will get the axe (but probably come back to life within a few years or so). 

Possible Casualties:

Cable: I'd be really upset if he died, because Cable is...well he's freakin awesome. He's like Ranbo but 100% cooler and more of a tactician. He's like the Chuck Norris of Marvel. But sadly, Cable's getting up there with his age. He's starting to weaken and it probably won't be long if he goes poof. Now if Cable died, Hope would probably go nuts. If Bishop had anything to do with it, Bishop wouldn't be walking for much longer. But I think this is like Cable's last stand, and although I'd be pretty pissed if he died, It seems really likely. 

Bishop: My gut keeps telling me that Bishop was right, no matter how much of a jerk Bishop is coming across as. He shot Professor X. He's been stalking Cable like crazy, and he pretty much betrayed the X-Men. But with everything that has happened put into perspective, I have a feeling that Bishop was doing the right thing, as ludicrous as it sounds. This is probably going to be his last stand as well, and although I don't really forgive him for poppin' a cap in Professor X's head, I really hope that he isn't as evil as everyone makes him out to be. I had respect for him when he was a true hero. 

Cyclops: Okay so this isn't really one of my possibles as it is a desire. I know he was the first member of the X-Men (official at least, Jean was the first student), but I really can't stand him anymore. The way he's been portrayed just BUGS THE HELL out of me. Sure, it's great to see Cyclops finally getting rid of his sissy side and taking charge for once, but now he's just overdoing it. I know a lot of possible responses: well hell, wouldn't you overdo it if every member of your species was looking up to you for guidance? Yeah but, he's extremely angsty. He is starting to remind me too much of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, minus the homicidal part. Honestly, his wife died, he's in bed with the woman he sort of cheated on her with. God, Summers, get therapy. Besides if he died, it would make it so interesting. Because if the "Who will lead" thing turns out to be...Cyclops again, It'll be such a buzzkill.

Hope: Hell, if she dies, that'd be such a buzzkill as well. Congrats, a perfectly drawn out plot line...only to have her killed. That would seriously make me pissed. Then again, the X-Comics will probably be pretty lame and boring for a while after the big bad Second Coming,

Kitty Pryde: She.Better.Not.Die. Third buzzkill of the list. "Oh we brought her back...PSYCHE...she's dead." At least let her do something for crying out loud! We missed her in Messiah Complex! Give Kitty some screen time!

One of the New Mutants: Illyana, Warlock and Cypher just returned. Give someone else a chance to bite the big one. These three need a break from deaths. 

Desires:

-Please mention the Scarlet Witch somehow. Even if it's only for one panel and it says "she smells nice." She's the one who started this whole mess anyway!
    -I don't care if they were disbanded, I really want the New X-Men to reunite. The "YOUNG X-MEN" team hurt my brain.
    -Elixir needs to get off of the crazy pills and tell us what he knows...but seriously, not the second before anything bad happens. 
    Elixir: Oh right about Hope, she's (blah blah blah)
    *Hope goes psycho and everyone dies immediately after Elixir finishes talking*
     -X-23, Hellion, Psylocke, Rogue and Pixie, please have big parts (I know X-23 already gave someone a head full of adamantium)
    -Wolverine needs to finally confront Cyclops about Scotty being a dunderhead.
    -I really wish Mystique had a part in this. :(

Overall, I'm eager! Come on Second Coming, show us your stuff!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.