Follow

Second Coming

Story arc »

The third part of the Messiah Trilogy cross-over stories that started in Messiah CompleX & continued in Messiah War. Second Coming heralds the long-awaited return of Hope Summers & Cable to the present day.

Second Coming Discussion Thread

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By sora_thekey
    @kerukun878 said:
    " @sora_thekey: Mhm. And Kitty won't be around for obvious reasons. :D She isn't able to become tangible or speak.. So.... It's also probably Karma under the sheet. "

Why Karma?
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @sora_thekey:  Due to an interview at CBR had teaser images and had Karma bleeding in the Blackbird.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By sora_thekey
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " @sora_thekey:  Due to an interview at CBR had teaser images and had Karma bleeding in the Blackbird. "

What I mean is what so special about Karma?
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @sora_thekey:  Well, the leadership position of New Mutants have been between three people according to Emma and Cyke's conversation. Karma, Dani, Canonball and this is presenting the end of Cyke's reign as leader of the X-Men plus whoever died out of Dani/Karma will secure the leadership spot for the other.
    treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By treysome

Not sure if Karma is going to die but she might lose a leg or something.  In the solicits it did say a New Mutant won't walk away from this.  That might be a direction they will take Karma.  Dealing with that afterwards and be a psychical reminder of SC.    

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By sora_thekey
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " @sora_thekey:  Well, the leadership position of New Mutants have been between three people according to Emma and Cyke's conversation. Karma, Dani, Canonball and this is presenting the end of Cyke's reign as leader of the X-Men plus whoever died out of Dani/Karma will secure the leadership spot for the other. "
    But I would assume that would only affect the New Mutants rather then the whole event....
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @sora_thekey:  But it will be a failure on Cyke's part. Has to do with the overall look upon Cyclops. Two deaths within a weeks time does not look good on the leadership of Cyclops. Has to do with the X-Men as a whole start doubting Cyke's leadership.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By danhimself

Second Coming is shaping up to be a pretty good arc

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By sora_thekey
    @crimsonspider89: That is true... One dead mutant might mean 1% of the population... 
    I still think though that the death should be a bit more relevant to everybody... not just the New Mutants
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NM #12 was to my liking.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By danhimself
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " NM #12 was to my liking. "
    same here
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By kerukun878

I really do think it ended up being Karma to die, I have not yet been able to read NM 12, but hopefully I will tomorrow!

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By devilmanex
    @danhimself said:
    " Second Coming is shaping up to be a pretty good arc "
    @CATMANEXE said:
    double ditto

Just finished reading NM#12 and I absolutely love the pacing of this arc........It seems really well thought out and consistent........Blackest Night was consistent in the time that passed between each book but I think it overall went too slow.  It was a forever battle for like 5 books........In contrast this is moving along at a steady pace where action, story, motives, and reveals all come together perfectly.... I know we're only 3 books in but I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far....can't wait til next week!  

P.S.  After seeing Nightcrawlers reactions to all this mayhem I def think he's biting the big one....He's going to shock everyone and either sacrifice himself to save Hope or maybe save a villain just because he doesn't believe in murder.  Don't be surprised if he teleports in front of a bullet or claw thats directed at a villain just to prove a point.

My updated guesses for the death list is

Cable
    new wild card - Cannonball
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#164  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @kerukun878 said:

"I really do think it ended up being Karma to die, I have not yet been able to read NM 12, but hopefully I will tomorrow! "

I think that's tactical writing... they want you to think it'll be Karma, and then pull the rug out from under you when it's someone else.  After all, Karma wasn't in the promo poster for the X-Force #26. 

During X-Tinction Agenda, Cameron Hodge impaled Jubilee & a bunch of New Mutants.  He shot spikes through their shoulders pinning them to the wall.  So while seeing Karma's leg impaled is pretty bad, I know (in coming book terms) that she can survive without a limp. 

I loved seeing Hodge back as the immortal monster robot.  I always wondered how he had been resurrected with a new body... now I know he wasn't ;)
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:

"  I loved seeing Hodge back as the immortal monster robot.  I always wondered how he had been resurrected with a new body... now I know he wasn't ;) "

haha. me too. that was so creepy and weird, and the way it just jumps out there and he's all casual about it. 
    made me think of either the Spider-Smith from Lost In Space for someone reason (equally as creepy).
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By kerukun878
    @xerox-kitty: But in the previews for X-men Legacy 235 it shows a dead Karma being held by Robo-Hodge.
    Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Pulsar
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " Second Coming is shaping up to be a pretty good arc "
    @CATMANEXE said:
    double ditto  Just finished reading NM#12 and I absolutely love the pacing of this arc........It seems really well thought out and consistent........Blackest Night was consistent in the time that passed between each book but I think it overall went too slow.  It was a forever battle for like 5 books........In contrast this is moving along at a steady pace where action, story, motives, and reveals all come together perfectly.... I know we're only 3 books in but I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far....can't wait til next week!    P.S.  After seeing Nightcrawlers reactions to all this mayhem I def think he's biting the big one....He's going to shock everyone and either sacrifice himself to save Hope or maybe save a villain just because he doesn't believe in murder.  Don't be surprised if he teleports in front of a bullet or claw thats directed at a villain just to prove a point.  My updated guesses for the death list is  Karma Nightcrawler Cable new wild card - Cannonball "

Sorry, No dead Cannonball for you. lol
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#169  Edited By papad1992

For me, I think "Second Coming" means the second coming of the mutant race.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By kerukun878
    @CATMANEXE: To each his own. But in the one photo where her leg is off it looks as if she's limp and lifeless.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerukun878: why would he still be trying to kill her, much less would Cannonball still be trying to save her if she was dead though?
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Grendel

Mike Carey's words + Cameron Hodge's mouth= Can't wait.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Cobalt

I'm already looking past this event. I'm more interested in this New X-Force thing. Maybe we'll get some answers as to where Chamber has been.
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By kerukun878
    @CATMANEXE: You can always save a corpse, somehow. Plus it's a comic! She'll probably die from blood loss.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerukun878:  
    she just got stabbed in the leg! do you know how low your chances of dying from that would be?
    stop trying to kill Karma already. lol.
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By kerukun878
    @CATMANEXE: Her leg was OFF when was being held by Robo-Hodge.
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#179  Edited By Nefilim927
    @Cobalt:
    I'm really looking forward to the New X-Force given the description I read @ Comicbook Resource.  Expect another shadow reveal as well.

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Pulsar
    @Nefilim927: They said the New X-Force team was made up of A-Listers of the X-Universe. So if the flying dude is Archangel, who are the others? I know Psylocke is in it, but the dude with the sword on his back better not be Deadpool. He's not what I call an A-Lister at all.
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#181  Edited By Nefilim927
    @Pulsar:
    Could the guy on the right be Gambit? If you read the description of the first arc it sounds like it would work and that would be sick.  Sword guy on the left has a tail or somethin?
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Grendel
    @Pulsar:  I don't think the guy flying is Archangel since Remeder said only one other memeber has some "ties" to the old X-Force. It's fake-out and is probably a cape.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By papad1992

The guy with the sword looks like he has a tail. Maybe it's Nightcrawler...Remember his mad skills with swords in Excalibur. Plus remember how surprised he was when he learned of an X-Force existing.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerukun878: she'll get a robo-leg. stop wishing for her death. shes been through enough already.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Watch Dog
    @papad1992: I like your idea.  If it's Nightcrawler that would e fantastic
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By papad1992

I know right. I just think Nightcrawler needs to get in touch with his demonic appearance.

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Grendel
    @papad1992 said:
    " I know right. I just think Nightcrawler needs to get in touch with his demonic appearance. "
    Depending upon what afterlife he's stuck in, you might get your wish :(
    ADayWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By ADayWalker

I think a majority of us thought this was going to be the second coming of MUTANTS...I sure did! 

But it'll prob be a good read...I haven't been that excited about an X title since AoA...
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#190  Edited By InnerVenom123

Could someone quickly summarize the X-men's current situation to me? I never read X-men (Because its WAY too convoluted for me), but I do know stuff up to where the mutant race was decimated.... if I'm asking too much, just tell me. >_> I'd just prefer to not read the wiki.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Edamame: Hm... what's the story with Hope? And why is she looking like a new Phoenix?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Edamame: Gotcha, thanks! ^^
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Edamame said:
    " @InnerVenom123: No problem. Let me know if you have other questions. "
    Where do babies come from?
    LOL jk I just felt like saying that :P
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By devilmanex
    @InnerVenom123:  I know it seems lik a lot but you should def pick up the major stories since Mday.  There aren't that many main arcs that will get you caught up to speed.  After Mday read Deadly genesis, Endangered Species (optional), Messiah complex, Manifest destiny, Messiah war, Utopia, Nation x (optional), and the last 4 issues of Cable.  Then you'll be right up to speed.  

I wouldn't touch Necrosha with a ten foot pole...I'm still upset I read it....so you don't have to lol
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " @InnerVenom123:  I know it seems lik a lot but you should def pick up the major stories since Mday.  There aren't that many main arcs that will get you caught up to speed.  After Mday read Deadly genesis, Endangered Species (optional), Messiah complex, Manifest destiny, Messiah war, Utopia, Nation x (optional), and the last 4 issues of Cable.  Then you'll be right up to speed.    I wouldn't touch Necrosha with a ten foot pole...I'm still upset I read it....so you don't have to lol "
    What's Necrosha about? I heard it's a Blackest Night ripoff. (Keep in mind I don't know crap about Blackest Night either. xD)
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By devilmanex
    @InnerVenom123: They came out at the same time so they were prob writing the stories at the same time and by coincidence they happened to be similar but you're basically right.  The premise was a little different, the Black Queen Selene gets the technarch transmode virus and starts resurrecting dead muties.  Her plan was to become a goddess...don't really get how that was supposed to come to fruition by her resurrecting people and that's where the story gets silly.  Everyone fights the undead muties but how it differs from Blackest Night is that these undead retained their personalities and they weren't as zombie crazy.  Skip some issues and Selene eventually grows super sized in the last X Force issue and X Force dons this Native American war paint because it helps them fight the undead.  Warpath stabs her with a special dagger the end......the art in the X Force books, which was the main title for Necrosha, was too painty artsy and I had no idea what the f*** was going on half the time lol and she died too easy at the end.  The arc starts off with promise then goes down the path of generic early 90's horror movie and gets bland REAL quick....aside from the fact in the X Force books you really can't see wtf is going on lol  SKIP IT!........ the main Blackest Night run was much better but even taht got a little old at the end

P.s. Proteus' part in Legacy was the only real entertaining bit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.