Mutants I'd Like To See In Battle Before The End Of 2nd Coming

  • 117 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

 
So, everyone's getting all excited about X-Men's new storyline, Second Coming. But one of the things I'd really hope to see in action are the rest of the mutants in sanctuary or stationed in Utopia. Have any of the 2nd or 3rd string of support mutant characters appeared since the beginning of Second Coming? I'm talking about a big portion of the 198 or so mutants currently residing in Utopia right now. Since the Nimrods have attacked, and Cyclops giving out the order, 'anyone who can fight, fights!', I haven't seen any of these characters joining the rest of the X-team in battle. Think EVANGELINE WHEDON, gigantic fire-breathing dragon with a bad attitude, INDRA, purple armored harbinger of war, OUTLAW, blonde sniper, X-TREME, troubled alien invader (?), FANTOMEX, AVANLANCHE, TOAD, DRAGONESS, PERSUASION, LORELEI, etcetera, etcetera. Wouldn't it be just more inclusive for the whole mutants if we get to see everyone take part in the action? Really, now. Just a thought. 

 me big bad red ugly dragon kill robot nimrod. rawr!
#2 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

and did i forget to mention the rest of the MARAUDERS....EXODUS, RANDOM, FRENZY, UNUSCIONE, et al. that would be so cool to have all the mutants round up their numbers against all odds with those NIMRODS.

 this cape made me one of the most underrated character...
#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be pleased to see Emma Frost destroy at least one Nimrod :]

#4 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I GOTTA. SEE BOOM BOOM. BLOW UP A M-EFFING NIMROD!! I mean, sorry, inner fanboy. XD
 

Now who wouldn't want to see THIS happen to a Nimrod?
#5 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I would be pleased to see Emma Frost destroy at least one Nimrod :] "
she would if it would please her inner beyotch-ness. lol! but i think she'd rather bully others into doing it for her. like cyclops! hmmm. but seeing her accomplish this one feat would probably do wonders for her prowess. yeah, they should at least have her tackle and destroy one nimrod!
#6 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878: I agree i wanna see Boom Boom used a lot more. 
 
@bacchus: Lmao.
#7 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878 said:
" I GOTTA. SEE BOOM BOOM. BLOW UP A M-EFFING NIMROD!! I mean, sorry, inner fanboy. XD
 
Now who wouldn't want to see THIS happen to a Nimrod?
"
lol! but that would be a cool demonstration of how her powers have evolved. totally agree. boom boom should be out there in the fray. i mean. who do they have among the front lines- hellion (lost his hands!), armor (poor kid!), iceman (really, how's ice going to stop those freakin' robots?!). scott needs to get his orders in order- let out those who can really cause major damage to the nimrods! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
#8 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: She's so underrated. D: She needs to blow stuff up, Nimrods preferably.  
 
@bacchus said:
" @kerukun878 said:
" I GOTTA. SEE BOOM BOOM. BLOW UP A M-EFFING NIMROD!! I mean, sorry, inner fanboy. XD
 
Now who wouldn't want to see THIS happen to a Nimrod?
"
lol! but that would be a cool demonstration of how her powers have evolved. totally agree. boom boom should be out there in the fray. i mean. who do they have among the front lines- hellion (lost his hands!), armor (poor kid!), iceman (really, how's ice going to stop those freakin' robots?!). scott needs to get his orders in order- let out those who can really cause major damage to the nimrods! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! "
Exactly! Just give her fifteen seconds and she can take the five at a time out.
#9 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus: Fantomex made an appearance.
Moderator
#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kinda shocked to see that Armor made an appearance, but i was happy to see her though.

#12 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark:  whatever happened to Mountjoy? Last time i checked he possessed the mutant Scribe ages ago....  i don't think Fever Pitch is making any come back after being killed off with that mutated strain of the legacy virus in the pages of x-force. 
 
 just bad to the bone.
#13 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" @bacchus: Fantomex made an appearance. "
i think i missed that one. i haven't gone through all the issues of second coming (patiently waiting for the tpb to come out).
#14 Edited by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus: 
I guess I missed that issue....  The writers stopped using him  since Scribe "joy-riding",,,,
Anyway, I have the dark reign files which prove that Mountjoy is loose and PARTYiNG,and having a regular diet with human supplement....

I guess he was last seen in Excalibur....
I think I'll start to call him MJ for short.....
#15 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" @bacchus: 
I guess I missed that issue....  The writers stopped using him  since Scribe "joy-riding",,,,
Anyway, I have the dark reign files which prove that Mountjoy is loose PARTYiNG,and having a regular diet with human supplement....

I think I'll start to call him MJ for short..... "
most likely he's nowhere near utopia when the dome hit. so if he's out there partying, it'll prolly back in merry old englad's underground club scene. heheh. and besides, i don't think his powers are anywhere near useful even for arms support against the threat the x-men are facing. and i forgot to mention mammox  also got killed off by a bunch of predator x's.
#16 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be nice to finally get havok and polaris back but likelyhood of that happening is slim to none

#17 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I was kinda shocked to see that Armor made an appearance, but i was happy to see her though. "
armor's one of the better achieved characters among the younger mutants in utopia. and seeing her in battle alongside iceman, psylocke, and the rest of the team just speak volumes.
#18 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus: 
Darn....all the funny C-listers are dead! Where did all the comedy element went in comics? To deadpool?
Anyway, Perhaps I appreaciate MJ too much...both with his supreme agility and his BASILISK FIELD he is virtually untouchable even without a host....
Just imagine if Emma would pyschically boost his basilisk field to encompass utopia, they'd start shooting Nimrods like clay pigeon....
Speaking of temporal fields, whatever happened to the former member of MLF Tempo? Her mutant ability to stop time was an overkill in my book.....
#19 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" @bacchus: 
Darn....all the funny C-listers are dead! Where did all the comedy element went in comics? To deadpool?
Anyway, Perhaps I appreaciate MJ too much...both with his supreme agility and his BASILISK FIELD he is virtually untouchable even without a host....
Just imagine if Emma would pyschically boost his basilisk field to encompass utopia, they'd start shooting Nimrods like clay pigeon....
Speaking of temporal fields, whatever happened to the former member of MLF Tempo? Her mutant ability to stop time was an overkill in my book..... "
i think she is IN utopia! see what i mean? they've got all these great mix of mutants with well advantaged powers in the island and none of them is really trying to make an effort to maximize their fire power. darn you, cyclops! i mean, let's say even if they don't have a chance- it makes you think with all the mutant powers in utopia, by now someone has cleverly planned out a more effective strategy than just having everyone running around blasting things and losing their limbs. yeesh! now this is upsetting. lol!
#20 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" it would be nice to finally get havok and polaris back but likelyhood of that happening is slim to none "
....and marvel girl. that should really give them more fire power in the battles ahead. though magneto hasn't really come into the front lines yet, it would be good to see how he manages to add up to the battle. neal shaara, aka thunderbird, has similar powers as havok. but that dude is nowhere to be found--- 

 solar charged?
#21 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus: 
Darn....your absolutely right! There are allot of mutants that have abilites to put most of X-men to shame, but it seems like Cyclops will not use them so that they do not outshine his elite, whereas he is responsible for using other mutants, the wrong ones, as cannon fodder.....
Well at least he said "LET LOOSE THE LEGION!"....although Xavier was not to happy....
#22 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" @bacchus:  Darn....your absolutely right! There are allot of mutants that have abilites to put most of X-men to shame, but it seems like Cyclops will not use them so that they do not outshine his elite, whereas he is responsible for using other mutants, the wrong ones, as cannon fodder..... Well at least he said "LET LOOSE THE LEGION!"....although Xavier was not to happy.... "
i can't wait to see that part of the action! legion finally being put to good use. 
 
hmm. cyclops has become hasty and unorganized in my opinion. lol! you're right. he's probably grown as stubborn and proud as the white queen. i hope that HOPE gets to finally kick his butt! someone needs to put that guy back in track. he might think it's the end of the world for mutants but it's certainly not logical to act like a deranged toro! and i may i just add...
 

 fried nimrods ala jesse bedlam....coming right up!
#23 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

I also wanna see Dust take down some Nimrods ^_^

#24 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Kiden Nixon she did made a cameo last year. I have no idea where she is right now tough.

#25 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I also wanna see Dust take down some Nimrods ^_^ "
go Dust! Cyclops actually sent her along with the stronger members of the team to fend off the first wave (?) of sentinels. i think that was an ish of x-force.
#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus: I know about that, but i want to actually see her up against one lol
#27 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

He should just pray for X-Man and Mr. M to come back. 

#28 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

A Mountjoy discussion! How did I miss this? I had no idea he got a mention in Dark Reign.
 
Another Ellis regular and Pete Wisdom foe, Agent Scratch was great. But I believe he died during the end of the X-man series.

#29 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @bacchus: I know about that, but i want to actually see her up against one lol "
i wonder how'd she be able to take down at least one freakin nimrod? hmm. her indestructibility surely has some limit, she has been crystallized before and it took some great effort to put her back together (and that's even with help from others!). it'd be great to see her in action again!
#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Lifeguard. No one knows where she is now.

#31 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" He should just pray for X-Man and Mr. M to come back.  "
X-Man is back running around somewhere 
 
Mr. M ... turned into a million butterflies! lol. what exactly has evolved into since his last appearance? are there any other omega-level mutants left to pit off against the Nimrods?
#32 Posted by bacchusV2 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu said:
" What about Kiden Nixon she did made a cameo last year. I have no idea where she is right now tough. "
location-wise i don't think she (and her urban crew) is anywhere near utopia or san francisco when all this happened...but, she is another character to consider in planning out well laid strategies against the current threat to the mutants. if all the mutants within the dome get destroyed by the nimrods, i'm pretty sure those outside the dome and anywhere else around the planet will soon be targeted as well.
 suck on this nimrod!
#33 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@bacchus:  magneto + polaris agaisnt metal robots equals pure win in my book especially with energy based projectile people baking them up
#34 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878 said:
" I GOTTA. SEE BOOM BOOM. BLOW UP A M-EFFING NIMROD!! I mean, sorry, inner fanboy. XD
 
Now who wouldn't want to see THIS happen to a Nimrod?
"
wow. What is happening to her skirt?
#35 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of sending Gambit, Northstar, Pixie, Anole and Dazzler through a dimensional gate to retrieve Magik, he should have send them to get Humus Sapien....that is victory by default...



#36 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: She's jumping. It's going up. lol.
#37 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878 said:
" @Edamame: She's jumping. It's going up. lol. "
LOL. Nice. 
#38 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Id like to see Psylocke really cut loose on a bunch of either human purifiers or if she still can psycho blast a bunch of nimrods   
 
(can she use her blasts now or not?)

#39 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" Id like to see Psylocke really cut loose on a bunch of either human purifiers or if she still can psycho blast a bunch of nimrods    (can she use her blasts now or not?) "

X-Force 27
#40 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:   thats her using tk isnt it?  idwant her ti use her psycho blast which is her full psychic power focused into one powerfull blast
#41 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't mind seeing Colossus going medieval

#42 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this guy needs to join the fight.... 

Go X-Man!!!!!
#43 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: What makes you think that telepathy would affect the Nimrods?  LOL. 
#44 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo said:
" I think this guy needs to join the fight.... 

Go X-Man!!!!!
"
Well, then the Nimrods would have no chance. LOL.
 
@Omega Ray Jay said:
" Wouldn't mind seeing Colossus going medieval "

He only managed to rip off a Nimrod´s arm. LOL
#45 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:   Because Psylocke's original powers were her as a "psycho blaster"  and it was powerfull enough to take the Juggernaut off his feet and it affected things physically not just mentally
#46 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love Havok and Polaris to come back just in time to get into the mix. 

#47 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: Imagine Apocalypse fighting the Nimrods. : )
#48 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @karrob: Imagine Apocalypse fighting the Nimrods. : ) "
Heck yeah!!! And I know they recently unleashed Legion, but I am sure Scott has another ace in the hole. 
#49 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: Well, ...  we have two power houses up.  Imagine Exodus coming to help Magneto. 
 

Magneto


Legion.
#50 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:   personally i dont think they would stand a chance against him,  too bad hes in the future somewhere

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.