Follow

Sebastian Shaw

Character » Sebastian Shaw appears in 1682 issues.

Sebastian Shaw is a mutant that is best known for being the Black King of the Hellfire Club. His power allows him to absorb all kinetic energy directed at him and turn it into greater physical strength and speed.

Black King

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

I would like to take a vote and see if you guys think we should erase the current Black King page and combine it with the Sebastian Shaw page. As far as I know everyone considers Shaw the Black King.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Valkaad

Anyone care to weigh in on this??

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

So there would be no page for that guy on comicvine? Whats wrong with having Sebastian Shaw's page titled "Sebastian Shaw"? I say no.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valkaad

The problem is, is that even under his appearances, like the marvel universe appearance, it's not that guy!! The Black King that appears in the Marvel universe is Sebastian Shaw. HE is listed in the marvel universe under Black King, not that guy that is shown on the page.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Thats a problem for a ton of characters. I'm not sure if there's been an acceptable solution to that proposed outside of going back and changing all the appearances.

That character on the Black King page was only referred to as Black King. He was the Black King of the London Hellfire Club, there being like 3 different Hellfire Clubs, Sebastian Shaw isn't the only Black King.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

Shatterstar says:

"Thats a problem for a ton of characters. I'm not sure if there's been an acceptable solution to that proposed outside of going back and changing all the appearances. That character on the Black King page was only referred to as Black King. He was the Black King of the London Hellfire Club, there being like 3 different Hellfire Clubs, Sebastian Shaw isn't the only Black King. "

But when people think Black King isn't he THE black king they are looking for? Isn't he the Black King as far as most comic book people are concerned? I know when I personally joined comic vine and looked up characters I liked I looked up the Black King and expected to see Sebastian Shaw. I have been reading comics since the late 70's and the only Black King I have ever known, except in flashbacks, is Shaw.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

As with lots of other characters you can use the "if this is not what you're looking for click here" function and find Sebastian Shaw that way since its listed as his alias. Sebastian Shaw's page can only be titled one thing. Black King is his codename/alias/whatever, there was a time when he wasn't THE Black King, this other Black King needs a page on the vine too and there's nothing else to call him, so best to leave it as Sebastian Shaw. Anyone that knows Shaw as THE Black King also know him as Sebastian Shaw.

Other people have a problem with the way characters are disambiguated on the vine, don't expect it to be resolved anytime soon, do your best with what you got.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.