Follow

Sean Galloway

Person » Sean Galloway is credited in 131 issues.

Artist and character designer for "The Spectacular Spider-Man."

Kickstarter Alert: Gumshoes 4 Hire by Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There are so many great ideas out there waiting to be seen. The beauty of Kickstarter is it gives creators a way to get their projects out without having to rely on a major publisher.

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway should be a name you're familiar with. Many have drooled over his character designs for the fan-fav Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. He mentioned having a Kickstarter project in the works when I talked to him at the Long Beach Comic and Horror Con last November (check out his Mystery Art Challenge debut). Sean is working with Kevin Hopps (who worked with Sean on the Hellboy: Blood and Iron animated movie as well as Spectacular Spider-Man) as well as art team Gurihiru and DJ Welch.

No Caption Provided

What is Gumshoes 4 Hire about?

Plain and simple. Gumshoes 4 Hire is a group of tight knit friends who, at first, investigated small petty crimes, but what they soon realized was that the town of The Cliffs is a haven of the strange and unnatural. Now, with the townsfolk running scared and the authorities in denial, it's up to the Gumshoes 4 Hire to solve the mysteries and save The Cliffs from the evil that lies within!

If that's not enough, check out this video to hear from Cheeks himself:

The project had a goal of $20,000. The good news is they've already met the goal!

Then why does it need any more attention?

There is still 18 days left. Each pledge over the goal just reinforces the project happening. There are many incentives available depending on how much you'd like to contribute. In many cases, it's like pre-ordering and guaranteeing you'll get your hands on the book. There's a load of other incentives you might not want to miss out on.

You can find out more see pages from the project at the Kickstarter page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cheeks-74/gumshoes-4-hire-brought-to-you-by-sean-cheeks-gall

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

Cheeks should be doing some sort of ongoing...I love his stuff!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

@danhimself: Maybe this could be the start of one or lead to something else.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danhimself

@G-Man: I hope so...I'd love to see him on something from the big 2 or Image

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#4  Edited By wmwadeii

Ive watched his Deviant art for years. Love his original character designs.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Jenkale

never heard of him but this art is pretty. looks like scooby doo but with CATS so im all in!!!

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By noj

Dang I was sorta hoping that this was going to be an origin story for Detective Dick Gumshoe from the Phoenix Wright series lol! This does look pretty good though. I will probably back it especially if we can get to 45 grand in which case everyone from in the $25 tier and up gets a sketch!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

A group of 4 and the only person of color is also the only person that doesn't look like a supermodel. I don't like that.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stafax

That girl's calves are thicker than her waist

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DH69

@stafax: more like cankles.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not bad I say, cool!

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Sissel

@noj said:

Dang I was sorta hoping that this was going to be an origin story for Detective Dick Gumshoe from the Phoenix Wright series lol! This does look pretty good though. I will probably back it especially if we can get to 45 grand in which case everyone from in the $25 tier and up gets a sketch!

It does remind me of it too. lol.

Anyways, I like his style. Reminds me of ghost trick in terms of character design.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chaos-soul

love the art

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By akbogert

It means I'm even further from buying all the things I've been meaning to buy than I already was, but I couldn't help it. I set a reminder a while back to look back into this book and with only a couple hours to spare I decided I had to take the plunge and get behind this. It's just far too refreshing.

Oh, and

@noj said:

I will probably back it especially if we can get to 45 grand in which case everyone from in the $25 tier and up gets a sketch!

This happened a little earlier in the day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.