WonderCon 2012: Scott Snyder on Batman

#1 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#2 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for Daniel and Finch? I have to say I am surprised. ^^

#3 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.. excellent choice of questions of too! Ahhh this series is just blowing my mind and whats most exciting is I think we're seeing a story that in 20 years time is going to be up there with like the killing joke and DKR.. at least thats just what I think..

#4 Posted by Urthiln (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I love what Snyder has been doing, I'm very excited to see where things go between Batman and the Owls.

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I really have against the court of owls is that it is really leaning too hard onto what was usually Ra's turf of being an ancient enemy consisting of a legion of shadow murderers. While the court scores points for its freshness, it does loose some on lack of originality. (For me at least)

#6 Posted by darkrider (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott is awesome

#7 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder's always a great interviews, seems like such a likeable and approachable guy. Could totally see him and I talkin about Batman/Swamp Thing/Skinner Sweet while having drinks.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to re-read The Black Mirror now.

#9 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini said:

Snyder's always a great interviews, seems like such a likeable and approachable guy. Could totally see him and I talkin about Batman/Swamp Thing/Skinner Sweet while having drinks.

I was talking to him the other day and he said you're the last person he'd be having a drink with. Even if you pay the tab.

#10 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott is the man!

#11 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis: Damn, guess he was a little more salty about our twitter debate on which Elvis song was the best than I thought.

#12 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, he said i loved Grant Morrison's death.

#13 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini: I asked Scott about Swamp Thing and AV. Stay tuned.

Staff
#14 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

While I can't really say that the introduction of a secret society is really an 'original' idea in comics. Let alone basing them off the animal that is the hero's natural enemy. That's not at all important as how he's used it. What could have been terribly cliche. He has written to fine effect in challenging the hero. I don't think he hates Batman. Putting him through hell will only make the victory feel more satisfying than winning over someone who posed no real challenge.

His work on the series is another example in how I'd love to see what a writer could do if he was give more than a few short months to work on a comic and instead was given several years. I bet if Snyder was given five years to work on Batman that he could weave together some stories that would be really spectacular.

Though, I would still like to see Cassie back. Seriously, DC. What is your issue against her?

Not to focus on the superficial, but it's been a while since you've done much on camera work, Sara. The hair looks nice. I look forward to watching more of the interviews from you and Tony.

#15 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

he is very nervous. must be shy.

#16 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Im glad to hear him talk so well about the other bat family books. He's a pretty awesome writer!

#17 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini: You just can't trust those comic writers... :) (insert pathetic excuse for an evil laughter here).

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I so wanted him to sign my copy of Batman: Gates of Gotham, but due to schedule change I was SFL to try and get him to do so. Ah well, maybe next time. He still rocked it at the Horror in Comics Panel IMHO. Go Snyder!

#19 Posted by Mandrewgora (296 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems like a really nice dude.

#20 Posted by papo (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mandrewgora said:

He seems like a really nice dude.

I know I'm in fact placing my order right now.

@InnerVenom123 said:

I need to re-read The Black Mirror now.

very approachable, passionate about his work and he knows what he is doing with batman as a character.

I feel he has made batman a new fresh character and I like that.

#21 Posted by Deusx (9 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a great interview. I can't wait to read issue 7.

#22 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome ass interview, a lot of incite on one of the most unique stories about Batman in a long time.

#23 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited for Batman books right now!

#24 Posted by Pauldro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Megazord Batman.

#25 Posted by nick_verissimo (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Between the Black Mirror, Gates of Gotham and the past seven issues of Batman, I have absolutely loved Snyder's work. Excited to consume more!

#26 Posted by Supa_JoE (4 posts) - - Show Bio

scott snyder is the the man period..

#27 Posted by AttumaThurman (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott is a king.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.