Interview: Scott Snyder Talks About New Series TALON

• 80 results
#51 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be picking this up I would have if the series was about Thomas Wayne Jr as Talon he looked badass in Batman #10 but I'm not picking up this book on a character I don't really care for. and also another bat title is a bit much he has about 10 titles now on his own it's pretty much Batman and the DCU.

#52 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@VictorGrey said:

@KainScion said:

oh my god his costume is so lame

#53 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjx_penn said:

ive got mixed feelings on this one. i mean yea the talons are really cool and the story lines were all really well done, but i feel like dc is just trying to cash in on the night of the owls story line and this is just gonna be some half hearted attempt. i hope im wrong though

Originally it was supposed to be that. DC noticed all the excitement from Night of the Owls and asked Scott Snyder to do a spin-off series. Scott Snyder wasn't sure he should do it because it would "cheapen" the story, but James came up with a good idea and Scott loved it. That is why Scott is on it too. I think for that reason, It is going to be a good book. And this new writer is going to be trying really hard on his first book. If it was a veteran writer, I would agree with you that it might be half-hearted, but it won't. Trust me.

#54 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat said:

It'll be interesting to see how the structure of this book works out. It seems like a good idea for a mini series, but I think Snyder's original notion that it might be milking the Court of Owls concept a bit too much might be accurate after an arc or two. Who knows, though, maybe it won't get stale. I'm definitely interested now that Snyder has put his personal support behind the writer. I'll have to check it out. Oh, and I don't know how I feel about the Court's influence spreading beyond Gotham. They felt like a very Gothamian concept, at least with the way that Snyder has built Gotham up. Them being global seems a bit much.

It worked with Batwing. I'm sure this can be a great ongoing. I don't think there really are specific stories only for minis. Comics have arcs you know? I could say the same thing about the first arc of the Justice League.

#55 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

Not a fan of the costume design...

Me either :S at least I don't hate it :I

#56 Posted by BLESStheVILLAIN (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: bear in mind the time in which(1920s+ i am assuming based on his birth), in which this is taking place. The modern talon suit seen in the new 52 batman is more technologically advanced with a likewise more modern and sleeker look. I believe the reason for the appearance of this costume is to establish antiquity

#57 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait !!!!!! I like the look

#58 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Aight, so Azrael, basically? It seems like this Talon is a new spin on Azrael.

#59 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Please just give him a "normal" Talon costume.

#60 Posted by Teerack (6327 posts) - - Show Bio

Really lame. The court of owls is really cool, but i think there like darkside where they shouldn't show up very often at all, but hey i guess they can just give them a series, and throw out their coolness.

#61 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@Webjaker said:

@KainScion: I agree, Firstly we DO NOT need another Bat-title, unless they dump dark knight and give us Red Robin... and that costume looks terrible. I get that he wouldn't want to wear the Talon costume (which is pretty awesome) but come on guys...

Other than that, Im very interested!

I don't understand why people want a red robin book. Teen titans kind of already is a red robin comic. I think having his own solo comic would just confuse readers. I'm already confused how he's in Batman and Robin while he's supposed to be in some dinosaur world in Teen Titans.

#62 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check out #0 and #1 but I am not expecting much but I might be surprised! Got to find something to replace Justice League International now that it is getting cancelled :(

#63 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: I agree. It's even more of a let because the most of the other Talons are so damn cool looking. Sounds like a good book tho.

#64 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@VictorGrey said:

@KainScion said:

I honestly don't think it's that bad.

#65 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

Exactly that ^^^.....does he seriously have fishnets on his arms ?.....

#66 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Its so lame... LOL.

#67 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking this up because of March. His work has been really good in Catwoman.

#68 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if someone can just tell them to hire me. lol

#69 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I like the style of the outfit. I thought the original William Cobb version was a lot more exciting, because you couldn't see his face and it was much more mysterious.

#70 Posted by Bitchgurl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Not thrilled with yet another Batman related title. Guess DC is saying they need more spin offs since they have too many titles now that are not doing well , but I just am not interested.

#71 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: agree

#72 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really tell what's going on with the chest/shoulders design; is he wearing an owl-shaped barrel? So far I don't like it, perhaps it will look better in the comic?

#73 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they change the costume it could be better also the costume colors are horrible.

#74 Posted by FelixStrange (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The story of a former assassin on the run has been done so many times , Azrael the latest version was one of my personal favorites . Maybe this will surprise everyone and take a different course , never know could be worth it.

#75 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure on the costume, I prefer the normal one.

#76 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe after this Batman can take on a Parliment of Rooks and a Flock of Seaguls.

#77 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

Yea, Kinda reminds me of Animal Man

#78 Posted by catgyrl (4 posts) - - Show Bio

They couldn't fashion something closer to that sexy Talon armor he was wearing before? Heck, they're recycling the name.

And hey, Buddy Baker's current duds are pretty damn hot.

#79 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of Scott Snyder, since he has taken over the batman series .. I think the talon is gonna be a great character ...

@KainScion: Don't worry i'm sure he will go through a lot of make overs lol

#80 Posted by OmegaAgent1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I can't even truly enjoy comics these days. This Talon is not even needed, how many other charcaters could have had Scott Snyder attached to it? This idea for a book could have been inserted into one of the other ten or so Bat titles. A Batman brother? Come on, enough is enough, this was a good interview and terrible decision. How many owl characters are there now? This new guy is a Batman knockoff in lame Azrael outfit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.