3ME: The Seven Evil Exes of Ramona Flowers

Posted by JoeyF (818 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by NightFang (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, G-Man ran out of time and lied about it. 

#2 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (371 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang: Either that or theirs a spoiler behind that evil-ex
#3 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

"And he punched her..... in the boob."

#4 Posted by Danial79 (2517 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd never even heard of this Pilgrim guy until this movie was coming out. I'm so out of the loop...

#5 Posted by Bossjugg (148 posts) - - Show Bio

im just glad that I have been to some of the places that are in the book :D

#6 Posted by arrowfan237 (497 posts) - - Show Bio

Not your best work G-Man but I did love that shirt you had on so I guess I can give you one free pass.
#7 Posted by HT101 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

The Expendables will be getting my money this weekend.  This movie looks like it is almost too goofy for it's own good and movies like that do not normally appeal to me.

#8 Posted by The Average Bear (2242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" "And he punched her..... in the boob." "
#9 Posted by phildini (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@HT101: Save the money you were going to spend on the Expendables and go see RED when it comes out. The Expendables is using so many action stars there can't possibly be space for a story. RED looks like an amazing compromise between bad-assery and storytelling.
#10 Posted by N7_Normandy (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of scott pilgrim

#11 Posted by oiHooliganismoi (535 posts) - - Show Bio

my money is going to the greatness that is the expendables....

#12 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
"not a fan of scott pilgrim "

Dito! =/
#13 Posted by Asymmetrical (23747 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" Lol, G-Man ran out of time and lied about it.  "
I'm  pretty sure the 7th is supposed to be mysterious...nothing was really known about him up until Vol. 6 which just came out a few weeks ago
#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8634 posts) - - Show Bio
@IronSpidy-Rooney said:
" @NightFang: Either that or theirs a spoiler behind that evil-ex "
There is... ;)

Great 3ME Tony... Kudos to Joey for editing Black and White images and making them look awesome!
#15 Posted by HT101 (155 posts) - - Show Bio
@phildini: You must not understand Stallone and the movies he makes.  It doesn't really matter what the story is.  The stories in his movies are there to move the movie along and not blow us away with a narrative, Stallone makes movies that you can sit back and enjoy the craziness that he puts on the screen.
#16 Edited by sparty-dbq (894 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole profile of her dating history is making Ramona seem more and more like a skank to me. 
#17 Posted by JuniorMints (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, might see it. @sparty-dbq said:

" This whole profile of her dating history is making Ramona seem more and more like a skank to me.  "
QFT 
#18 Edited by TadThuggish (73 posts) - - Show Bio
@sparty-dbq said:

" This whole profile of her dating history is making Ramona seem more and more like a skank to me.  "

She is.  She's the only part of Scott Pilgrim that is so expressly hipster, so "cool" that it's uncool.  People love to take shots at the series referencing video games, but that's normal; gamers talk about games.  Where the real "indieeeeeeeee!" factor comes in is where Ramona arbitrarily smokes, only thinks of fashion, and fucks anything that comes within her field of vision.  She's a blank slate that, whether intentionally or not,  represents the shallowness of the common "hipster"...sad to think that some people actually TRY to turn themslves into a white wall.  It's only until Volume 6 that Ramona starts to become an actual character, but by then O'Malley has spent six years treating her as nothingness.

Ramona being herself (aka: being nothing) is the only logical and well-articulated complaint against the series.  And it's hard to buy true loooooove between her and Scott till the very end, where maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  You don't have a clue because she just spent an entire series being the non-thinking 14-year-old girl on Tumblr, who wants to be like Ramona, who wants to be like the non-thinking 14-year-old girl on Tumblr, who wants to....etcetera.
#19 Posted by X-23_2513 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna to see it looks good.
#20 Posted by phantomzxro (39 posts) - - Show Bio
@TadThuggish said:
"@sparty-dbq said:

She is.  She's the only part of Scott Pilgrim that is so expressly hipster, so "cool" that it's uncool.  People love to take shots at the series referencing video games, but that's normal; gamers talk about games.  Where the real "indieeeeeeeee!" factor comes in is where Ramona arbitrarily smokes, only thinks of fashion, and fucks anything that comes within her field of vision.  She's a blank slate that, whether intentionally or not,  represents the shallowness of the common "hipster"...sad to think that some people actually TRY to turn themslves into a white wall.  It's only until Volume 6 that Ramona starts to become an actual character, but by then O'Malley has spent six years treating her as nothingness.

Ramona being herself (aka: being nothing) is the only logical and well-articulated complaint against the series.  And it's hard to buy true loooooove between her and Scott till the very end, where maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  You don't have a clue because she just spent an entire series being the non-thinking 14-year-old girl on Tumblr, who wants to be like Ramona, who wants to be like the non-thinking 14-year-old girl on Tumblr, who wants to....etcetera. "

I think both your points are going a bit far, yes she not that great a person or girlfriend which she admits. Also a skank maybe a bit much because she did not sleep with all her ex boyfriends half of them she did not date that long. I do think the book as a whole gets to be a bit messy with alot of the relationships and sexual agendas because sometimes i felt it was all over the place. Other then that i feel both scott and ramona had some growing up to do about life and relationships which you see at the end. 
#21 Posted by hdorman1 (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

not bothered 
cera couldnt act his way out of a paper bag

#22 Posted by GTG12 (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder if its good
#23 Edited by Comiclove5 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

I gonna become a vegan so I can gain mind powers.

#24 Posted by uroboros (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading Pilgrim years ago back in uni..so I was psyched for the film and got in on a preview showing last week..it was AMAZING! I watched this to fill the void I'm feeling over having to wait for it's actual cinema release date before I can go see it again..

#25 Posted by SuperOcelot (21 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate scott pilgrim as a character, but i couldnt be more excited for this movie

#26 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (697 posts) - - Show Bio

... I wanna see Lucas Lee cry in the movie, priceless~  ^_^
#27 Posted by Gregomasta (358 posts) - - Show Bio

This shit is stupid.

#28 Posted by -Eclipse- (7650 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I've never actually seen what the art in the Scott Pilgrim book looked like until now... Seriously? There's no colour? It's a backwards Manga with no shading? 

The art looks stupid and the story is incredibly simplistic... I'm not seeing the appeal behind this comic book, tbh.

#29 Posted by Mehto (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Given how the story is going, the seventh could very well be Ramona's brother. 

#30 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see my art isn't the most crude in the business and he still got a movie.

#31 Posted by SumoSlamMan (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing that my roommate just said while I was watching this, "So does anyone notice that Ramona's sort of a whore?"  Hehe, kind of true.

#32 Posted by sdtopdog (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I checked this movie out when I saw the huge ad at SDCC hanging over the Hilton, saw the artwork and on second thought never mind!!!

#33 Posted by YOUNGneil (86 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the art is simple and awesome. Its a good change of pace from the way most comic book artists draw generic muscular men and over sexualized women.

#34 Posted by GoodAssLettuce (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have no interest in this film.

#35 Posted by MTHarman (824 posts) - - Show Bio

For what this comic is, I would say its very interesting and would probably have a decent fanbase to it. But for me, I would probably feel way out of place if I go see this flick because of how it presents itself as a teenager flick, I may be wrong but I sure as hell wouldn't want to take the chance.
#36 Posted by ragdollpurps (16840 posts) - - Show Bio

bahahahaha i love scott pilgrim. sounds like my love life xD
#37 Posted by N7_Normandy (2504 posts) - - Show Bio
@GoodAssLettuce said:
" I really have no interest in this film. "

#38 Posted by Aspenite (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting to me, makes me want to see the movie.

#39 Posted by m1ck3y (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read the comic series and really enjoyed it. The movie isn't out in my local theatre yet, though, so I can't go see it for a while. Looking forward to it once I can though. 

Re: Ramona being a whore, she really didn't get very far with most of those "ex-boyfriends" half of them never got much further than holding hands and were really short relationships. Now there is the little point that she cheated on just about all of them, but she admits to being a bad person, it's not like she just has sex with everything that moves though.

#40 Posted by AVANTxGARDE (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive never read the comic, but is this chick really worth fighting for? Kinda seems like a cheating whore to me...Maybe im just getting the wrong impression .__.
#41 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2135 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did this movie get 4th place in the Box Office  
This Movie is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.