Follow

Scott Pilgrim

Character » Scott Pilgrim appears in 24 issues.

Scott is the titular hero from the graphic novel series "Scott Pilgrim". He must defeat Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her. He plays bass guitar in the band Sex Bob-omb.

Furious SCOTT PILGRIM Photos

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Trust me, I understand. Ol’ witchfinder Pinchuk feels your pain. You watched the SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD trailer, several times, and it set you on fire with each viewing. But the cutting was so quick, so furious, that you didn’t have the chance to savor what you were beholding.  You caught glimpses of faces and situations and wished there could’ve been some 300-style ramp speed into slo-mo, so you could better savor it all. That, my friends, is  precisely why production photos exist…

No Caption Provided

You know, out of context, this might look like clipping from a regular Michael Cera movie. Y'know, maybe NICK & NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST 2. With this alone, without context, you'd think that, wouldn't you?

No Caption Provided

Keeping the video game influence in mine, I'd hazard a guess that each of Romona's evil ex-boyfriends has a unique power or weapon, sort of like the robot masters in Megaman. If that's the case, I suppose I'm a little afraid of what weapon this guy might be packing (if you're jive to the innuendo).

No Caption Provided

This, ladies and gentleman, is what Head On commercials should look like.  Forgot that "apply directly to the forehead" loop crap.

No Caption Provided
    Captain America, everybody.  That's right, Chris Evans is in this movie as Romona's ex, Lucas Lee.  He's not the only superhero actor Pilgrim's fighting though, oh no...

No Caption Provided
    Brandon " Superman" Routh stars as Todd Ingram, another of the evil ex-boyfriends. Shockingly, it looks like he might actually throw a punch in this movie (and that's a very definite AY-OH! for SUPERMAN RETURNS)

No Caption Provided
    Competing stages? Now, that makes for a REAL battle of the bands. None of this courteous, wait-for-you-to-finish-your-set-on-your-own-sweet-time crap.  You know who's the better act when you're both competing for the crowds attention simultaneously. It looks like they're even warping them into 3D.

No Caption Provided
    Man, if they don't make a video game to tie in with this, it's going to be serious missed opportunity. That's Jason Schwartzman on the right there, as another ex, and I'll comment that I always thought of Max Fisher as being a comics character. Whether he was a superhero or villain is up to you.

No Caption Provided
    This is destined for a desktop wallpaper near you...

No Caption Provided
    I'm so glad to see this. I mean, we've got digital updates of Marvel's first "motion comics" from the 60s, it's about time we got to see a similar 21st century answer to the BAM! and KRAK! SFX from the 60s BATMAN show.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for phantom_patriot
    Phantom Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Phantom Patriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNGOHtvqAA  

^This guy should be involved with Scott Pilgrim. Edgar Wright saw it and smiled.

mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By mrlogical

It seems like something isn't working with these picture links, at least not for me anyway.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By welshguy

Personal opinion warning 
    Well, the trailer makes the movie look as godawful as that Speed Racer cobblers the platypus brothers churned out and these stills don't improve things on leetle bit

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

I loved Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist ...

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blindside002

@AngelFrost:
    You aren't the only one.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Blindside002:  Woooo!  :D
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

@AngelFrost:
    I liked Nick & Norah, too. Mostly Norah... 
    The Human-America and Superman both in the same movie? Outrageous!
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NightFang3

This looks okay too me.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost
    @AirDave817:   Woo :D Me too.  Norah was hot and funny. [: 
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I really hate that Michael Cera can't act, but I really want to see this movie

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@AngelFrost: Kat Dennings ftw
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:  Ditto x10000000
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

@AngelFrost:
    Best part of the movie was the recording studio...
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:
    He can be hit and miss with me. There are times he is pretty funny & I did want to see that Youth in Revolt. 

ROFL
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Sparda

Scott Pilgrim is one of the best comics ever if not the best comic ever and I'm really nervous to see how this works out. The cast is great (although Cera's inclusion is not what I would have gone for), but the humour has me worried. The comic is hilarious because the medium allows the ADHD and videogame references to work. On the big screen, people aren't going to get it unless they're hardcore videogame fans or they already read the graphic novel. But if anyone can do it, the man behind Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, Edgar Wright, is the man to do it.

Seriously, if you've read Scott Pilgrim and you didn't like it you're a souless monster/robot/terrible person on all fronts. It's incredible in every way, shape, and form, and this is coming from someone who's favourite comic used to be Conan The Barbarian. Scott Pilgrim forever!

It's gonna be kinda depressing when it ends this year. Sigh. I'm sure the ending will be tops, though.

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie looks to be the boatcrap it's already expectedly turned out to be. 

Marketing boatcrap doesn't improve on it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.