silkcuts's Scott Pilgrim #6 - Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour review

• silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

Finest Hour

The wait is over with book 6 here.

I have to say the I loved Scott Pilgrim and the Ending did not disappoint. All the books build up to his Final Hour. From the Power of Love to Gideon Grave the series was worth the read in every page.  There is a lot going on in this book.  Things all coming together seamlessly and blank pages of void.  Are we like Scott?  In a world like a video game?

At times how much we are suppose to take at face value in this book.  I wonder myself if Gideon Graves is suppose to be tribute to King Mob from Grant Morrison's Invisibles.  For those who don't know, one of King Mob's names was Gideon Stargrave.  Even the Star became a symbol in this whole issue.  From it being on Ramona's bag and hair. This series was full of product placements and pop-culture references.

I loved Scott Pilgrim because it is an easy access comic, new readers and old can enjoy it.  For my Vertigo brothers, am I on to something? Could Bryan Lee O'Malley be an Invisible?

To read Scott Pilgrim or not, Choose your Side!
Cheers!
- Silkcuts

Posted by Silkcuts

YouTube video of Matrix meet SP.  I am not the only one who sees the Invisibles connection.