Teen Titans/Superboy Writer Scott Lobdell Answers Your Questions About DC's 'New 52'

• 61 results
#51 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much for answering. Really appreciate it. :)

#52 Edited by ryandhatch (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Bart still Barry's grandson? 
Did Tim's father's death still occur at the hands of Captain Boomerang or is he alive in the reboot?

#53 Posted by spineyLamb (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Among my comic book collection, I think one of the nearest and dearest issues I own are these Uncanny X-Men issues that Lobdell (and Joe Madureira) did (Onslaught times! good times). There's just some sort of "magic" to them I didn't feel in other comics I was reading at the time.

Recently back into comics, this time as a DC reader, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what Scott does with (how lucky for me!) 2/3 books I read the most (TTs and Superboy!... I'm pulling the Outlaws too out of curiousity). I feel like I lucked out big, here. :D

Bonus: I love that he has enthusiasm for Cassie (and in general!!), because it feels like she fell flat in most writer's hands... at the moment, I think Wonder Girl is somewhat unpopular... I'm a little biased here, but I'm hoping for the female powerhouse to rock this go-around! I have faith with what you do with her, Scott! :)

Double Bonus: He isn't watching the Young Justice cartoon. NICE! I like the X-men cartoon analogy, and I hope the naysayers see it!

#54 Posted by taraquino (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, Scott. I am from Brazil and a hug Titans fan, since the 80's. I am open for the changes but I have to admit that my concern is about the old Titans. I know you are not in charge with some characters, but do you think that we could know more from them anytime soon? Will we see some panels in TT about the old team or teams? We, former Titans fans, would be very happy if we could know something about them.
And I am very curious about the new characters like Bugg, Miguel and Charcoal Girl (It's really that?).

#55 Posted by taraquino (10 posts) - - Show Bio

And hey! I am very anxious for the Red Hood and the Outlaws.

#56 Posted by Munsu (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really impressed that he answered so many questions, and with pretty thorough answers too. Glad he answered mine. 

I can understand where he was coming from regarding Dick Grayson. I mean he is involved with a lot of different stories at the moment so him showing up, or playing a small part in Outlaws, was going to be very unlikely for a while. So I am not surprised at his answers here. Its just that the one person the three main characters in Outlaws have the most connection with is Dick Grayson. Since he was Kory's former lover, Roy's friend, and someone Jason looked up to and later viewed as an enemy. So because he has such strong connections with the three of them it would just be nice if he showed up even if it is further down the line than I would like.

#57 Posted by jamesnoele (17 posts) - - Show Bio

how much chage have you made?did you disslove impotant thinigs,like in the new JLA flash's marriage?

#58 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:
HOLY CRAP, he answered my question! 

My feelings exactly! 

Am I fun to be around?...Ok, that wasn't serious....but if you wanna answer that it's cool with me :)

Well you are certainly fun to have around! You made me laugh!

My actual questions:

Does the series explain the history of the titans so far? as the only thing I've ever picked up titans wise is the 2003 volume I think when cyborg comes back after a year of inactivity. It's collecting dust on my shelf at the minute...

Not really, no. I mean, most of it is still there where most history exists -- in the past -- but it isn't going to be vital to the enjoyment of the series. TEEN TITANS #1 (and the other books) should feel like the first issue of a series! (And dust those shelves, man!)

Also any tips for writing a team book? It's connected to the titans....a little...

Have you ever been at a party and discovered that, of the ten people in the room, only you and one other are talking to each other while everyone else has coupled off to stare blankly at each other? Me neither! So when you are writing team books, always keep in mind that the way to make the characters feel grounded is by having them interacting with each other even if they are not in the foreground of the panel! (I can not abide by "wallpaper" -- those scenes where there a twenty to thirty super heroes on a page and they are standing around not talking to each other and they aren't even identified by the narrator! Eeeeek! Hopefully there will be less and less of that over the years!)

Was that a helpful tip?

I seem to have misplaced my duster next to my initiative and Secret Invasion paperback in the box that I have no use for...   He really is a great guy! Thanks, (if you're there....) Tips helped a lot! :)
#59 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh SWEET jesus, I REALLY need my questions answered...although, scott DID answer one of them.

#60 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there going to be a part 2 to this?

#61 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

So no Raven? ....  :/  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.