Scott Lobdell's RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS Re-drawn & Re-cast

• 66 results
#51 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, now that's a much better answer to that awful Red Hood/Starfire controversy.

Don't b#tch about it in comments, bug the artists/writer all the time, annoy other people,etc. Draw your own version! :P

#52 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

.......Sorry, just don't get it.

Anyway, at the end of the day, money talks and....you know the rest

#53 Posted by entropy_aegis (14548 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOL'ed,Red Hood can't survive for long if this keeps conitnuing.

#54 Posted by imsirius (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Chibi Rose is adorable.

#55 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....

#56 Posted by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC:

Welcome to the internet. Critical thinking need not apply.

#57 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

I read the 2nd issue (skipped #1), and I'd actually like to see where it's going

#58 Posted by Darkmount1 (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: That is the exact advice Jay Sherman gave in episode 6 of The Critic--"If the movie stinks, just don't go."

#59 Posted by SC (12731 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkmount1 said:

@SC: That is the exact advice Jay Sherman gave in episode 6 of The Critic--"If the movie stinks, just don't go."

Movies will outlast comics. Movies are ingrained into so many countries psyche as entertainment and movies has more diversity inherently because of that. Movies along with sport are like Gladiatorial games. They might struggle a bit, or not make as much money as they use to, they have to adapt to survive such issues as illegal downloading/pirating, etc etc etc  Oh, and kids, so many kids are raised in front of TV's and movies is just a natural progression. Movies are very accessible. etc etc 

Comics? Comics are a niche medium and its problems are fairly unique as well. Weird things like the disparity of quality between professional movies and home made movies is a lot bigger than the difference between professional comics work and home made. Does Screened have a fan fiction or RPG section? I view it as really being up to the individuals discretion. I thought Uncanny X-Men #500 was awful. I still wanted to buy it though. So I did. It gave me some entertainment value by way of mocking it. What and why other people buy things., hell if I know. I do know that not supporting books you like and supporting books you do like is a pretty logical step. Allows DC/Marvel to see what characters, writers, artists are popular and so can try and taylor make their product as a consequence. Yet, I can afford to support all the books I love, and can even afford to buy some I don't, because a book like Uncanny X-Men, will always sell well enough to exist in some form, because its so extremely accessible to casual readers, and so it would have to be ignorance on my part to think with this book, my lack of support will actively change much about its direction. Unless, say another X-Men book started outselling it - like if New Mutants started to sell more than Uncanny - could be a sign that writer or characters there or artist, might bring in more numbers in Uncanny - -  (hence personally although I buy Uncanny, I buy all other X-Books, and praise and recommend them and enjoy doing so) 

So thats the problem with exact advice. Its for an exact problem. Not so easy to apply elsewhere unless your being general etc which *nods* I can understand and respect. 
Moderator Online
#60 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

...Yep I'm dropping this title now.

#61 Posted by tjx_penn (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Red Hood and The Outlaws, so far, is an amazing book and the people who are "offended" or dislike starfire's portrayal should get their heads out of their asses. Sure, its a little bit much, but this is a new age where females can be portrayed as either serious and full clothed or half-naked and bubbly. There are plenty of female's in the DCnU who aren't portrayed as being sex icons but because DC decided to make Catwoman and Starfire them its suddenly an outrage. People these days. Get over it. It's a comic. Dont like it? Dont buy it. Read something else.

But really, DC, maybe even Scott, bring back the outsiders. They're awesome.

Great post

Seconded

#62 Posted by Gordo789 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked #1 and 2 up at the shop this weekend and actually really enjoyed them. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

#63 Edited by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, they've been fantastic so far. Apparently though people have issues if a non-male character acts sexual in any way. Hopefully the memory bit will be explained soon though.
#64 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Farwind said:

Apparently though people have issues if a non-male character acts sexual in any way.

As has been explained ad nauseum, that's not the problem that people have with it.

#65 Posted by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people have many problems with it, and thats one that gets mentioned a decent amount. I understand most of the issues are with other changes and portrayals. 

We haven't really seen enough of Starfire or Roy to make any good character judgements yet. Hopefully that'll happen soon.

#66 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Farwind said:

Apparently though people have issues if a non-male character acts sexual in any way.

As has been explained ad nauseum, that's not the problem that people have with it.

*hands out barf bags to everyone....*

So true, DH. ugh.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.