Follow

Scott Lobdell

Person » Scott Lobdell is credited in 1093 issues.

Scott Lobdell is an American writer best known for his work on Uncanny X-Men, Generation X and Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Scott Lobdell Wants YOUR Questions: October 2011 Edition

• 106 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

As you know, Scott Lobdell is the writer for Superboy, Teen Titans and Red Hood and the Outlaws. Recently, Scott asked you guys for questions and said he would answer. It turned out you all had a lot of questions. He answered them in three chunks since there were so many. You can read them here, here and here.

Here is a message from Scott:

Dear Comic Vine!

It is that time again -- to take questions directly from youse guys!

I only ask two things:

While you are free to post whatever questions you'd like -- please keep them down to a question and a single follow up. It is a problem when you imbed five or six (or even three or four) questions into one question.

And secondly, because no one wants me to get fired (Right?! Um... RIGHT?!) I'm going to ask Tony to pick out the TOP TWENTY POSTS (interview questions) for me to answer. (Those first 145 questions turned out to be way more labor intensive than I could justify in terms of schedule!)

As always, I'm sure you guys are going to be awesome.

So fire away!

Scott!

Ask your questions below in comments. Please keep them clear and to the point. Try to focus on his current books and not stuff like "What did you think about The Avengers trailer?" We'll close this off Friday, October 14 at midnight PT. Scott will take the twenty questions we select and we'll post his answers next week. Come up with some good ones and try to skim through any previous questions so we don't get a bunch of repeated questions over and over.

akawiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By akawiccan

Will Conner and Cassie be together again?

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By LordRequiem

Is Superboy's suit going to remain as this nifty red and black attire or will he eventually return his previous, pre-52 costume?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Will Caitlin gain her powers anytime soon if at all? Maybe we can see a new Gen 13 with Superboy on the team?

Completely Off-topic :Do you know if any of your colleagues will be using The Creeper any time soon? 

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

are tims parents alive and was captain boomerang the one who killed them
    Follow up:Did Tim still almost kill Captain Boomerang in vengancare in Red Robin #26

and a coment: bring back tim's cowl (but i like the wings and the computer moniter thing good job on that and the easter eggs in number 1 actually everything you wrote in all of the books except tims domino mask was amazing im going to collect all 3 series)

Thanks for listening and long live cowls

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By fodigg

Question: Why should we like your memory/sensory-deficient version of Starfire?

Follow-up: What would you say to those who did not like her in the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws?

(btw, Superboy was awesome.)

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Red Rum

Will comedy-based characters like Ambush Bug be in the new books?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

What's the deal with making Starfire forgetting or pretending to forget her time with the Teen Titans? With no disrespect to your writing ability Mr Lobdell it seems quite strange to me just how Starfire can forget her time with the TT given Marv Wolfman's run on the New Teen Titans.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar

Does Jason have a crowbar in his arsenal?

No but seriously, How does Jason even have any friends? What about him makes him endearing enough to have "Outlaws" hanging around him?

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batflasharrow96

Will Teen Titans be dependent of Superboy in future issues in terms of story arcs?

Why do you prefer having Roy childless? His entire character is based off Lian. She is kind of his replecement drug and gives him hope in the world.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By redmanta

are we going to see a crossover between the teen titans and the red hood and the outlaws in the future

philBetaGamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By philBetaGamma

After writing such a poignant story, featuring Collosus' self sacrifice in Xmen, do feel any anger or animosity 2ward Joss Whedon 4 arbitrarily bringing Peter back?

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sinful

Why starfire?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

@batflasharrow96 said:

do you prefer having Roy fatherless? His entire character is based off Lian. She is kind of his replecement drug and gives him hope in the world.

I think you mean "childless."

Sanderkatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sanderkatz

Whats up with Jason's helmet/mask/red hood? I know he's had a couple different ones in the past, but this one seems to convey facial expressions.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By jsphsmth

Given the criticism regarding your treatment of Starfire, does it affect how you will be writing the character in the future?

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Or35ti

Who the heck is Dustin? :) I'm talking about when Roy asks Starfire is she remembers Dick, Garth, Dustin, Vic, Lilith, and Gar. And where are Wally and Donna? lol. You rock btw :D

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mbecks14

Dear Scott,

When will the Titans get new looks? When will they interact with the Justice League?

Mike

taraquino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By taraquino

We saw some authors referring some old stuff of Titans, like Bette Kane on Batwoman. So, as you said before, their history are intact, right? At least the most of them! I wonder if you or DC could give us some peace about their history? Important characters like Jericho, Lilith, Argent, etc are alive or around?

Who is Dustin?

We can hope to see some nuances from old Kory on this Kori?

Thanks and cheers from Brazil.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cagedleo730

@BlackArmor:

Scott has previously mentioned that Charcoal Girl is a completely new character like Bunker & Skitter. I just want to know who the 8th member is.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By GothamRed

What brought about the change to Starfire's character in Red Hood and the Outlaws?

on another note...

You mentioned the Titans (or at least the New Teen Titans) in the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws, and showed modern Teen Titans forming in Teen Titans, how do those two versions fit in with each other in continuity? Is it possible that Tim knew about the first team from Dick before making his team?

sorry if that's too much I tried to contain myself.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cagedleo730

@TheCrowbar: Who says that Roy and Starfire are his friends. It seem they're more like colleagues. You don't have to be friends with co-workers. They are mercs-for-hire.

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#22  Edited By IronHerc

In Teen Titans will you plan to add other heroes eventually like Blue Beetle or Static?

natejoseph09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By natejoseph09

Hi, i consider you the best writer Gambit has ever had, do you see yourself ever writing him again?

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cagedleo730

@Lvenger: Her actions will be explained in-story. He's ducked questions about it before because he doesn't want to reveal too much spoilers.

SuperRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SuperRenegade

How do you respond to allegations that your portrayal of Starfire is sexist, and how is this version of Starfire more conducive to the new 52's status quo?

Simzak8168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Simzak8168

I'm going to preface this by saying I intend absolutely no disrespect to you or your titles. Not 100% happy about Titans, but it looks good so far. Excited to see where it goes. Love what you've done with Cassie. Same goes for Superboy.

My question, though, is this: Why did you completely disregard every story ever written about Starfire (and, to some extent, Roy), change her name, and make her, well, a very obscene word and a completely different character?

I love the Titans (especially Beast Boy and Raven. Sad they're not here). I've read every issue of NTT/NT and, most of Johns' run, and almost everything since then. Everything you've done has gone completely against everything Starfire is. Everything Marv and George worked so hard to create, sculpt, and mold into a strong, yet vulnerable, amazing female character. Tamaraneans are ruled by their emotions, are quick to fall in love, to hate, to get excited, to get depressed etc. Why do you hate everything that she is, or was? Why do you hate Starfire?

Thank you! :)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @cagedleo730 said:

@TheCrowbar: Who says that Roy and Starfire are his friends. It seem they're more like colleagues. You don't have to be friends with co-workers. They are mercs-for-hire.

The dude went after Batman. I wouldn't want to be within a hundred yards of him. And Roy and Jason seem to be friendly.
    cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cagedleo730

@Simzak8168: He's not gonna even get close to hearing your comments. As for getting rid of Titans history or your perception of what's been erased, there is something called Editorial that makes decisions that are over his head.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey Scott,

Thank you for answering my questions from before! Hope all is going well for you at the moment. I'll relegate my time to just one question and ask you...regarding Prodicus, was a major inspiration for his creation the King Shark character? Thank you in advance! Keep up the great work on Superboy!

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Mbecks14

@jsphsmth said:

Given the criticism regarding your treatment of Starfire, does it affect how you will be writing the character in the future?

^^^ THIS!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BatteredArmor
    @cagedleo730
    He said one of them isn't new i'll try to find the quote but if i can't i'll withdraw my question
    Avatar image for cincyducksfan35
    cincyducksfan35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cincyducksfan35

Scott,

What is Tim Drake's motivation in this series? Red Robin ended with him seeking vengeance against the man who murdered his father and it seemed that he was willing to let captain boomerang die, almost as if Tim would grow up to be a Batman who took calculated risks and could make life or death decisions unlike Bruce.

Thank you!

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
    nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I haz Raven? She is seriously missed... 

Also when can we expect to see Fairchild powered-up, kicking ass and taking names?

Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
    Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Superboy #1 it is said that his awareness was in every atom of his body;does that mean his whole Body can process information and thus be used for calculations and storage;in short;does he have a Super Intellect ?Also;does sunlight affect his metabolism in one way or another like it does for regular kryptonians ?And last one:Will Rose meet the Teen Titans or the Outlaws ?

drfeelgood91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By drfeelgood91

I'm going to put this bluntly, will Starfire remain a whore?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BatteredArmor
    @IronHerc
    Last time he took questions he said he wanted to add some new charecters like aqualad specifically but said he had no plans to add Blue beetle and static in particular
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Simzak8168 said:

I'm going to preface this by saying I intend absolutely no disrespect to you or your titles. Not 100% happy about Titans, but it looks good so far. Excited to see where it goes. Love what you've done with Cassie. Same goes for Superboy.

My question, though, is this: Why did you completely disregard every story ever written about Starfire (and, to some extent, Roy), change her name, and make her, well, a very obscene word and a completely different character?

I love the Titans (especially Beast Boy and Raven. Sad they're not here). I've read every issue of NTT/NT and, most of Johns' run, and almost everything since then. Everything you've done has gone completely against everything Starfire is. Everything Marv and George worked so hard to create, sculpt, and mold into a strong, yet vulnerable, amazing female character. Tamaraneans are ruled by their emotions, are quick to fall in love, to hate, to get excited, to get depressed etc. Why do you hate everything that she is, or was? Why do you hate Starfire?

Thank you! :)

O_O based on some of his interviews starfire was being evasive about her past with the titans(makes sense when you reread it with sarcasm from jason's comments about tameranians and change star's tone to "stop bringing them up"). I have a hard time believing jason slept with her because it seems against jason's character.(not like she was with bruce)

I'm assuming this is a more emotionally jaded starfire, who might have done something bad so she joined red hood's group(says earth doesn't want her there) or had a falling out with the titans(her friends). Scott mentioned how past titans existed(roy confirmed it with his questions), so they must have disbanded paving the way for the new titans. Not to mention her slavery past is going to get played up(the trauma is unresolved)

He even mention her relationship with dick existed but he won't dwell on it.(was already confirm by jason to have happened in issue one, because roy was worried star would be pissed that jason had ties to dick, insert jason's sarcastic response)

O_O obviously he doesn't hate starfire(hate is harsh), sounds like sarcasm didn't translate well in the issue because we(me included) focused on the details instead of the context because we were too focused on what was still relevant.

Still, i find starfire's look to be bad, i can make like around 3 tweaks to it to make it less ridiculously slutty and bring it down to stripper warrior-ish lol

Superlad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Superlad93

Hey there mr. Lobdell, let my start by tell you that I've been really enjoying your work & that i think you're a wonderful writer. I look forward to more of your work.

Superboy powers Q: I see from your interviews & the actual comic that this run will have a fare bit to do with his powers (I've never been one to dwell on powers but you handle it in the most non-obnoxious way, thank u lol) so my question is are his powers solar based & will normal superman weaknesses effect him??

Power Q 2: i would like to know if you view Superboy as the most powerful teen on earth??

Superboy relationship Q: From what you have told us in interviews: it doesn't seem like Superboy will have very much of a relationship with Superman or the new Super-family outside of his name & DNA....so my question is do you or any other writers have plans to go into the relationship of Superman & Superboy, & if not (just so i can have something to think about lol) hypothetically how would you play their relationship out, would it be the brother brother way, uncle nephew way, father son way (this way is my personal favorite...so no pressure lol) or maybe the original & clone way (please no lol)

Random Q: was that Kryptonian Superboy was speaking/thinking in issue #2 (really good issue btw)

Relationship/ last Q: I've noticed that the Superman/Superboy relationship has somehow always been a taboo one & it seems to never be truly defined....so my question is why do you think its been like this??

I hope this wasn't too long (i don't ever really do this lol) but thank you in advance for this we fans truly appreciate it.

SpiritGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpiritGoat

Will Tim like boys

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By doordoor123

I think I got all of my questions answered last time. Thanks anyhow!

kylesleeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kylesleeps

First off, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do this again.

Now, I was wondering if you were disappointed with the reaction that you've gotten for your treatment of Starfire in Red Hood and the Outlaws? If so are considering making any changes to your interpretation of the character as a result?

That being said, I thought your Teen Titans seems like an interesting direction and I really enjoyed Superboy I thought it was one of the best of the New 52.

Avatar image for arrowquivers891
    ArrowQuivers891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArrowQuivers891

I would just like to start off by saying that I really, truly enjoyed both Superboy and Teen Titans and will continue reading them.

My question is simple: Do you plan for Fairchild to be a fixture in Superboy or are there bigger plans for her in the New 52? (Not to say that being a mainstay in Superboy would be minimal, but...oh, you know what I mean.)

tbpinkfloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tbpinkfloyd

Is Starfire going to mature at all? She's less human and more a living blow-up doll so far.

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shieldbearer

Scott,

First of all, LOVING Red Hood and the Outlaws! Don't let anybody change your mind about how you are doing it, it is fantastic!

Will there be some game changing elements in Red Hood and the Outlaws that will bring big attention to them from the rest of the DCnU?

Thanks,

Shieldbearer

ComicFan_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ComicFan_13

Will there be any other characters to join the Outlaws? 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Primmaster64

Will I get to see Superman or/and Batman guest star in any of the books? And will Jason get a girlfriend?

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By punkpuppy3

Is the eight member of the titans a boy or girl? How long is the N.O.W.H.E.R.E.arc? Love your books by the way :)

Cyfin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cyfin

First off, I just want to say that I absolutely love all three of your books! You're dealing with two of my favorite characters in all of comics, Bart Allen and Jason Todd, and it's good to see that they're still everything I love about the characters, but you're also managing to breathe a new life into them in ways I didn't expect.

So, anyway, my question. You said that hormones will be raging in Teen Titans, and so Cassie will be having romantic relationships with Connor and Tim. I'm just wondering if Bunker will be in a homosexual relationship as well, and if so (you said we were allowed one follow-up!), will it be with a new character from his hometown or something, or an established character we already know? I'm hearing a lot of rumors that he may end up with Bart, since not much has been said about his love life, and I could see that working.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Skaddix

Can we get any hints on this top secret 8th Teen Titan?

Any plans for another female to join the Outlaws?

Are we going to see a Gen13/DV8 ? I honestly think DV8 would make great teen agents for N.O.W.H.E.R.E not a more brutal bunch of teenagers around. Plus Threshold vs Superboy in a TK battle would be great.

RareCheshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RareCheshire

What is Essence's relationship with Jason? What exactly are her powers and abilities and when will we see more of her?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.