Follow

Scott Lobdell

Person » Scott Lobdell is credited in 1093 issues.

Scott Lobdell is an American writer best known for his work on Uncanny X-Men, Generation X and Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Love or hate?

haven_born

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haven_born

I know how I personally feel about Lobdell (especially after the recent news from SDCC about his plans for the future), but I was wondering if there's anyone out there who really loves the guy's writing. I wouldn't mind seeing some really great stuff that he's done. I dislike disliking writers.

That being said, I wouldn't mind getting mad at him either >.>

I know started a thread a while ago asking the same thing, more or less, and got no replies. Anyone going to pop up this time? Please?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By z3ro180

i really like his wtiting

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

@haven_born said:

I know started a thread a while ago asking the same thing, more or less, and got no replies. Anyone going to pop up this time? Please?

Could have just bumped that.
    BB

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BatWatch

I hate his work on Teen Titans. Random things happen at nearly breakneck speed. He takes no time to develop characters. His motivations for the team to even be a team are paper thin. He has needlessly rebooted Tim's origin. His villains are throwaway...I guess that is about it.

I'm canceling my subscription of Teen Titans, and I'll pick them up on resale...maybe. I would urge everyone else who hates Lodbell's writing to do the same. Stop supporting his crap!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

I'm on the neutral to hate side. I really like Red Hood and the Outlaws, but Teen Titans and Superboy have been terrible. sums up my feelings on his Teen Titans pretty well.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

Hate him.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BatWatch

@The_Tree said:

I'm on the neutral to hate side. I really like Red Hood and the Outlaws, but Teen Titans and Superboy have been terrible. sums up my feelings on his Teen Titans pretty well.

Thanks. I haven't touched much of the DCNU because I'm collecting other things at the moment. The reports I've heard generally match your assessment, Outlaws are pretty good, Superboy sucks.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

@PsychoKnights said:

@The_Tree said:

Thanks. I haven't touched much of the DCNU because I'm collecting other things at the moment. The reports I've heard generally match your assessment, Outlaws are pretty good, Superboy sucks.

I can say that I've probably touched most of the DCnU, and it's made me a pretty bitter fan. If you've looked at my profile, you can easily tell.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

I haven't liked anything from him in the New 52 but some of his Teen Titans issues weren't that bad but nothing more.

jchu4483

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jchu4483

His work on Red Hood and the Outlaws was actually surprisingly good; maybe it was because I delved into it with a closed mind. But I must say, his characterization of both the Robins has been decent. His work on Teen Titans has been, well, serviceable at best. Don't get me wrong, I like the series, but his pacing is incredibly faced and I have to scrutinize the writing and slow myself down just to keep up with his dialogue. All in all, I'd recommend his work on the New 52.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By JonesDeini

Indifferent...read Red Hood #1 and was unimpressed. Haven't read any of his work from the New-52. Remember liking his X-Men stuff as a kid though, but have yet to reread those stories with wiser eyes.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like it. Red Hood is all screwed up ???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.