Follow

Scorpion

Character » Scorpion appears in 1123 issues.

MacDonald "Mac" Gargan was a failing private investigator that was turned into the Scorpion with financial help from J. Jonah Jameson. He became a host of the Venom symbiote and was part of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. After the US Government took the symbiote, he became The Scorpion once again.

Marvel should start taking Mac seriously

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

Ever since his first apperence, mac has always been spider-man's punching bag despite his own powers. It's bad reading a villan with good potenial being wasted as a casual loser. I'm not saying he should kill spider-man but rather make him someone like lizard in terms of giving a hard fight to peter. 
    Anyone else agree?

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @Death Certificate: I agree. He was designed to be able to defeat Spiderman but everytime they fight he gets beat like it's no big deal.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

really because Spider-man just barely beat him this time and he sacrificed his Spider Sense to do it

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batmanary

Somehow when I read the title I thought you were talking about a Mac.LMAO

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate
    @danhimself: 
    although be fair it should have taken more than one punch to stop him, and I'm mainly talking about mac career's. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I thought this was about Mac as in the Apple computer.If you mean Mac Gargan...I don't see any reason to take him seriously in fact Marvel should kill him off.He's a failure.He sucks as Scorpion and was worse as Venom.Spider-Man is the hero.Of Course he always wins.Carmilla Black should be the only Scorpion.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

I don't know the new Scorpion looks pretty BA,

allwalledup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By allwalledup

i agree

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Vance Astro said:
    "If you mean Mac Gargan...I don't see any reason to take him seriously in fact Marvel should kill him off.He's a failure.He sucks as Scorpion and was worse as Venom.Spider-Man is the hero.Of Course he always wins.Carmilla Black should be the only Scorpion. "

Agreed.
    jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always been a Scorpion fan and I do agree that Scorpion needs to be taken more serious as a villain. His whole thing was that, a Scorpion is a Natural PREDATOR to a Spider.

I get it that Spider-Man will eventually win but it's like Scorpion's not even a threat to him. He's low level which he shouldn't be.

Scorpion has proven to be better in a few categories: Strength, Speed & Durability. I know these traits aren't a definitive means to beat Spider-Man but they should count for something.

I think Mac needs a slight revamp. Have him actually get Formal Martial Arts training, to add to his impressive strength. That would keep spidey on his toes. More importantly, he needs to be a threat. He needs to be able to beat Spidey from time to time.

*Off Topic* While I loved his look in Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 game his Mission and Boss Fight were horrible. I get it, Spider-Man is going to eventually beat him, but come on a cutscene showing them actually fighting would have been nice.
    I can see it:Scorpion and Spidey fighting, going to to toe, with Scorpion getting some good hits/attacks in while teaming with the Rhino. They get the better of Spider-Man only to get cocky and let their guard down and get surprised attacked.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.