Follow

Scorpion

Character » Scorpion appears in 1124 issues.

MacDonald "Mac" Gargan was a failing private investigator that was turned into the Scorpion with financial help from J. Jonah Jameson. He became a host of the Venom symbiote and was part of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. After the US Government took the symbiote, he became The Scorpion once again.

Does venom still want BRAINS!!!

megamoses10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By megamoses10

Remember when all venom wanted was just to eat brains

venom eating brains
    venom eating brains

does venom still like to eat brains or is this fun loving brain eating venom gone forever?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Not any more since Flash Thompson is around. :P

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Of course he does, everybody wants brains.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    who doesn't want brains ? 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

That's Mac Gargan. AKA, idiot-Venom. He ate brains to compensate for the fact that he was a failure.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

No cannibalism so far. Well, he did chomp someone's head off, but he spat it right out. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ate a little bit, though.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@InnerVenom123 said:

That's Mac Gargan. AKA, idiot-Venom. He ate brains to compensate for the fact that he was a failure.

I actually sort of liked Mac Gargan as Venom. Of course you're obviously more well read on the particular character than I am. What specifically didn't you like about him? Or is that question throwing gas on the fire?

XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XMASCATEXE

Mac looks like he's perplexed by Norman's shoulder pad.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

@TheWitchingHour said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I actually sort of liked Mac Gargan as Venom. Of course you're obviously more well read on the particular character than I am. What specifically didn't you like about him? Or is that question throwing gas on the fire?

He had huge potential as a character. The idea of the former Scorpion getting the Venom suit is actually a really, really good one. Instead, what happened was in his first appearance as Venom, Spidey knocked him out entirely too easily. Then, he showed up in Thunderbolts. Where he was actually kinda cool, until you realize that by the time Dark Avengers comes around, he's basically become Norman Osborn's personal rabid dog on a big leash. And even in Thunderbolts, he was a loser (Swordsman kicked his ass). In Dark Avengers, he's terrified of Bullseye, gets one-shot by Spidey (ASM), SOMEHOW the writers start ignoring the symbiote's weaknesses as a DESPERATE attempt to make him seem cool (Sinister Spider-man has him shrug off a severe sonic blast in literally one panel, X-Men Utopia has him ignore fire). And in any comic, he's regarded as a joke and treated as such.

He can't even manage to maintain his own personal Venom-look (from the "BEYOND!" miniseries), which was actually pretty cool.

So, yeah. Mac sucked as Venom.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

@InnerVenom123: Just post the pictures of Mac getting beaten by corndogs and a french poodle, lmao.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By utotheg38

everybody loves to get brain. XD

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mekboy

@InnerVenom123: I honestly think the writers are out to make him look like an idiot without proper reasoning after reading that. Like they have some sort of grudge with the character.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CATPANEXE said:

@InnerVenom123: Just post the pictures of Mac getting beaten by corndogs and a french poodle, lmao.

Ah yes, "DOG IN THE EYE". How could I ever forget.

@Mekboy said:

@InnerVenom123: I honestly think the writers are out to make him look like an idiot without proper reasoning after reading that. Like they have some sort of grudge with the character.

For Mac's run as Venom, I agree with you.

But the current Venom is amazing, so I can't really complain anymore.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CATPANEXE

@InnerVenom123: It's beyond everything and silly I know, but I do believe that moment, right along with the beating he got from Invisible Woman, his behavior in Dark Avengers and the Siege tie-in, but that in particular really illustrated just how far and much Marvel went in the poor treatment of Gargan as Venom and to literally turning him into a joke. It was sad and I certainly didn't want them to do that but it's what happened. And that was in his own book! Then again he did eat a squirrel. Not quite brains, but hey, he was trying at least? ;)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1181080-sinisterspider_man4014_super.jpg

^ Dog in the eye!!!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CATPANEXE: That scene where he ate a squirrel hinted that Mac used to date Squirrel Girl.

Which is actually something I would love to see happen in ASM. Scorpion and Squirrel Girl.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

Bachalo <3

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

Bachalo <3

Either you're in the wrong thread, or you're referring to Sinister Spider-man? The art was really great, I agree.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

Bachalo <3

Either you're in the wrong thread, or you're referring to Sinister Spider-man? The art was really great, I agree.

The latter would be the right choice. And Dog in the eye, wtf? I have to say though, the concept of Mac as a venom, especially the slim venom really appealed to me, but he was a little b*tch in those books. I mean, really?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

Bachalo <3

The latter would be the right choice. And Dog in the eye, wtf? I have to say though, the concept of Mac as a venom, especially the slim venom really appealed to me, but he was a little b*tch in those books. I mean, really?

Yeah, exactly.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

Bachalo <3

Yeah, exactly.

Flash = Best Venom concept yet. Character design wise, at least.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp: Agreed.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123: What'd you think of Brock's latest appearances? Specifically after he lost the symbiote.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp: Love it. The fact that they're bringing the religious angle to the forefront is good, it makes him more unique.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp: Love it. The fact that they're bringing the religious angle to the forefront is good, it makes him more unique.

Must've been because I'm not all that familiar with the character, because to be honest that sh*t made me want to break something. Especially because he claimed responsibility for everything, lmao.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Must've been because I'm not all that familiar with the character, because to be honest that sh*t made me want to break something. Especially because he claimed responsibility for everything, lmao.

Keep this in mind. He found the symbiote while praying in a church. He was raised catholic (and his origin was late 80s-- so that's pretty damn catholic). He even dressed himself as a priest and compared killing Spider-man to exorcising a demon in ASM 300.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Keep this in mind. He found the symbiote while praying in a church. He was raised catholic (and his origin was late 80s-- so that's pretty damn catholic). He even dressed himself as a priest and compared killing Spider-man to exorcising a demon in ASM 300.

Ah. Still doesn't explain him claiming responsibility for everything though...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

He pretty much was the only reason that NYC was cured. That's reason enough to him. He got to live his messiah complex for a day, he's going to remember it however he wants.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

He pretty much was the only reason that NYC was cured. That's reason enough to him. He got to live his messiah complex for a day, he's going to remember it however he wants.

Fair enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.